Class of 2017 - JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DE Alton Robinson(OK) Signed/ Eligible to Play Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Mr. Robinson.

I have zero expectations for this player. If he stays out of trouble and allows us to redshirt Morton, it's a worthwhile pick up.

Okay I watched the tape this kid is legit.

By far the best DE we have had since Sharpe. Hopefully he can get to a Chandler Jones level by next year and get the sacks and go to the NFL.

Wow he must have serious baggage to be available. Holy moly he should start as soon as he learns the system.
At worst you play this kid on 3rd downs and tell him pin his ears back and rush the QB.

Welcome, Mr. Robinson.

I have zero expectations for this player. If he stays out of trouble and allows us to redshirt Morton, it's a worthwhile pick up.

I expect him to start and terrorize QB's all season long. You are a more reasonable person than I am.

I expect him to start and terrorize QB's all season long. You are a more reasonable person than I am.
My base assumption when it comes to JUCOs is that they're roster filler because we don't really compete for the high end JUCO talent.

Peirce and Robinson are welcome to prove me wrong. I'm just not expecting anything from them.

Okay I watched the tape this kid is legit.

By far the best DE we have had since Sharpe. Hopefully he can get to a Chandler Jones level by next year and get the sacks and go to the NFL.

Wow he must have serious baggage to be available. Holy moly he should start as soon as he learns the system.
At worst you play this kid on 3rd downs and tell him pin his ears back and rush the QB.
No he doesn't have serious baggage. Read the article I posted. It had more to do with Big12 rules.

How dismissed charges are still keeping ex-Texas A&M signee Alton Robinson out of the Power Five

My base assumption when it comes to JUCOs is that they're roster filler because we don't really compete for the high end JUCO talent.

Peirce and Robinson are welcome to prove me wrong. I'm just not expecting anything from them.

That was BB. Before Babers.

Why aren't you expecting anything from Pierce? He had legitimate interest from SEC schools after high school and after JUCO. He is not the normal type of junior college player SU gets. I think you are going to be very pleasantly surprised.

Hilarious. This kid goes to Penn State or Rutgers and 10 of you have already posted the usual unwitty things that get said about those god-less programs every week. He wears Orange and its a redemption story for a kid who got a bad rap for a minor offense. You cannot have it both ways.
I get what your saying and I think that way too, but what do you expect people to say about rival teams? and we certainly not going to say he doesn't deserve a chance at SU. When there's probably players currently on the team that have done worse than this kid.

We already have "evidence" that Pierce is going to be a significant addition. As for Robinson...when is the last time we were able to pick up a kid with offers from Bama, Michigan, Texas, and TAM? WHo knows if he really is that good, but it looks like we found an Easter egg at the end of August.

Disagree on just the Pierce comment. I think HCDFB will find value with him short to deep middle of the field, a place we did not attack much last year...look for him in the red zone as well...

Looks like Bruce Irvin at the same age. Should be a 3rd down monster.
like the comparison, and also hoping for a Randy Gregory type impact but without the weeeeed!!!!

Why aren't you expecting anything from Pierce? He had legitimate interest from SEC schools after high school and after JUCO. He is not the normal type of junior college player SU gets. I think you are going to be very pleasantly surprised.
I hope I am. I'm just mentally treating all JUCOs the same. The Tillers have been rare. The depth guys have been numerous among our JUCOs.

We already have "evidence" that Pierce is going to be a significant addition. As for Robinson...when is the last time we were able to pick up a kid with offers from Bama, Michigan, Texas, and TAM? WHo knows if he really is that good, but it looks like we found an Easter egg at the end of August.
We still need to see how Peirce handles a new level of competition. There's a lot of unknown remaining. We'll get answers very soon, but the guy hasn't done anything yet.

As for Robinson, the big thing working against him is that he's missed the S&C. If that's really the special sauce, that puts him at a huge disadvantage for playing this season.

For an 11th hour pickup this is as good as it gets, but I don't see things like having a huge immediate impact as realistic.

Reactions: 007
Disagree on just the Pierce comment. I think HCDFB will find value with him short to deep middle of the field, a place we did not attack much last year...look for him in the red zone as well...
Again, I'd love to be wrong. If I'm wrong we need to see it, not declare it during camp, you know?

I hope I am. I'm just mentally treating all JUCOs the same. The Tillers have been rare. The depth guys have been numerous among our JUCOs.

We still need to see how Peirce handles a new level of competition. There's a lot of unknown remaining. We'll get answers very soon, but the guy hasn't done anything yet.

As for Robinson, the big thing working against him is that he's missed the S&C. If that's really the special sauce, that puts him at a huge disadvantage for playing this season.

For an 11th hour pickup this is as good as it gets, but I don't see things like having a huge immediate impact as realistic.
Fair points

I will gladly pluck a DE off the college football criminal carousel - we sure have lost our fair share.

This kid looks like he's going to be a star for us.
Can't wait for week 1

Incredible.

Talk about creative recruiting.

Hope the kid has his head on straight now, because he has a huge opportunity here. And despite him coming in toward the end of camp, you'd have to think that with our first game being semi-easy, they can get him ramped up quickly without having to throw him out there the first game.

Babers and staff are killing it on the recruiting trail. Wow.

I will gladly pluck a DE off the college football criminal carousel - we sure have lost our fair share.

This kid looks like he's going to be a star for us.
Can't wait for week 1
Even tho this quote belongs more on a rutgirls site I will give this a like for the humor alone.

The kid has put on 15 pounds since he signed and it looks to me like he can both speed and bull rush the lineman he faces.

Those lineman he went up against are better than most high school kids he faced when he was rated and recruited...he's good

The staff is clearly not happy with the situation on the d-line. I'm surprised that Mykelti Williams doesn't get in but Robinson does. The cynical part of me says that once Jordan Martin signed, they were satisfied with the depth at secondary and decided to bank their favors with admissions for a potential difference maker elsewhere.

This staff is relentlious on the recruiting front. We NEVER would have had a situation like this with the previous staff. Dino understands what it takes to become a competitor in the ACC. He has completely revamped the roster in his short time here. Slowly but steadily we are acquiring ACC football players. Hard to not be optimistic for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom