Class of 2023 - JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO DL Michael Nwokocha (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/8/24)

I think that's right

1) Mazzcua
2a) Nwokocha
2b) Hastings

That's kind of how I viewed it. That would be a major weekend if it plays out, lock up your starting LG and fill out your DT rotation with some very athletic prospects. Then just need to settle LT hopefully with Travis, QB2, NT and CB. Maybe add another Lber too.

That’s how I viewed it to with Parks #4.

Fran vs the SEC

1704762823371.gif

This kid, Wilson, and Hastings change everything about our interior DL.

Along with Ingraham, we now have P5 bulk (with athleticism). Teams aren't going to be able to just line up and run the ball right at us anymore. About freaking time.

Fran can do it all.

We're getting higher rated high school players than we're used to.

We're getting higher rated transfers than we're used to.

We're getting higher rated JUCOs than we're used to.

And the momentum just keeps building. Each really good player from any of those pools that commits makes it easier for the next one to make the same choice.
And pretty soon it will be a movement.

And he runs a sub 4.8 40 - I can't repeat that enough. I mean that is beyond elite and this is a prototypical JUCO recruit the power programs would ALWAYS beat us out for. Like a Chad Mavety for example.
The average defensive end and edge in the NFL is 4.8. For tackles in the NFL, the average 40 time is 5.06.

So fast, he could probably play some linebacker, as the average NFL inside linebacker speed is 4.76.

Insanely fast for a defensive tackle.

For the Post Standard to write this article this quickly, you have to think they are getting a heads up from the staff. It’s a great way to build trust with the local press.
It appears Chris Carlson has taken over writing recruiting articles and he is actually willing to pick up a phone and do some work.

Props to him and the PS for finally realizing people want to read about recruiting.

It appears Chris Carlson has taken over writing recruiting articles and he is actually willing to pick up a phone and do some work.

Props to him and the PS for finally realizing people want to read about recruiting.
And the program knows it’s important to get local coverage. Dino moving on here helps as you have a new coaching staff who gets importance of selling the program locally. All coming together.

I wonder if he is a January enrollee or July? I guess I'll default to July for now.
His recruiting profile said mid year enrollee so should be good to go for January. Makes sense as he was potentially a ‘23 guy and that’s why he had all those spring offers from big programs but looks like ended up needing to complete 1 more semester (fall 2023).

Darton graduated last spring. He is in grad school. Eventually I will ask his fiance. As I have said before their wedding is in Arizona in November 2024.
I am fairly confident I was privy to some solid inside information. I won't say how I got it but it's not likely he comes back.

Last edited:

What you mean you don’t like the Stephen Bailey summarizing rivals recruiting grades articles? :confused:

Those were always my favorite lol. Beyond lazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom