Class of 2024 - OT Vito Shevchenko (Canada/FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 OT Vito Shevchenko (Canada/FL) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

Kid looks athletic as hell on his tape…which is what you get with kids that have late growth spurts.

Not that explosive and needs to get stronger. Great feet and Gets to the second level with ease.

Reminds me of guys who are HS TE’s and are converted to tackle.
Eastern European athletes are usually strong as all get out.

I should start talking to one of the junior tennis players I teach at our country club. He’s 6’4 240 and only in 10th grade. Not too late to switch sports apparently.
Good call...at worst he might get some $$$ to play for RPI

Yeah. Shevchenko is as Ukranian as it gets.

Taras Shevchenko was a famous 19th century poet and writer. There is even a statue of him in … yes, Syracuse. Erected about 10 years ago. There’s a sizable Ukranian community in the area.

Of more recent fame is the soccer star Andriy Shevchenko. Also excelled for AC Milan.

IMG_6322.jpeg

Yeah. Shevchenko is as Ukranian as it gets.

Taras Shevchenko was a famous 19th century poet and writer. There is even a statue of him in … yes, Syracuse. Erected about 10 years ago. There’s a sizable Ukranian community in the area.

Of more recent fame is the soccer star Andriy Shevchenko. Also excelled for AC Milan.
I thought so too but thought I read his Dad was Russian and Mom was Ukrainian

I thought so too but thought I read his Dad was Russian and Mom was Ukrainian
Then it’s probably the other way around, unless he took his mom’s last name. Which would be understandable - not wanting a Russian name nowadays. Hope his parents still talk to each other, lol.

In any case, most Russian-sounding last names ending with a “ko” are Ukranian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom