JUCO Offer | Syracusefan.com

JUCO Offer

big boy... if he can take on blockers and free up the LB's sign him up!

if that kid comes here watch out for a big time contributor. Quick first step, sheds blockers nicely, quick feet, great lateral movement and great strength. Wow. Love to see him here.

if that kid comes here watch out for a big time contributor. Quick first step, sheds blockers nicely, quick feet, great lateral movement and great strength. Wow. Love to see him here.

love the explosive step and motor. You can tell he looks raw, but would give Daoust a lot to work with

Half the time he isn't even blocked (or is that because he is quick enough to blow by?); the times he was blocked he ran past or through his blockers. Seemed very determined to go where he wanted. Very determined.

According to TOS, he also has offers from Eastern Michigan and New Mexico State.

According to TOS, he also has offers from Eastern Michigan and New Mexico State.

We can definitely beat EMU for him. NMSU worries me do to it being closer to home.

Watching tape of JUCO's it is not very easy to evaluate talent. Anyone remember watching Goggins or Kose tape coming out of junior college. Goggins had a lot to work on. Watching junior college tape is like watching a kid from the north country, have to be careful that a kid isn't just so much bigger than his competition. Nice size though. I count eight defensive tackles for next year already, any chance someone gets moved to DE.

It reminds me of Goggins' tape from a few years ago, and Diabate's tape last year. Temper your expectations because unless he came in during the winter and participated in spring practice, he'd probably struggle a bit to get up to speed.

It reminds me of Goggins' tape from a few years ago, and Diabate's tape last year. Temper your expectations because unless he came in during the winter and participated in spring practice, he'd probably struggle a bit to get up to speed.

I think this is definitely true, but I think even lower level expectations make him well worth the scholly. According to the article on TOS, he only played football his senior year and then went out into the world for three before returning to school. I don't expect an every down player that first year, but even so, I think the realistic pluses include...

- A possible special teams nightmare. If nothing else, a JR Johnson type would help this team tremendously.
- A situational pass-rusher where the coaches can put him in position to succeed without overwhelming him.
- Assuming he has no major issues his first year here, a very important bridge between Chandler and an extremely raw stable of replacement ends.
- Continuing the Nassau pipeline, which like it or not, has been an essential source for us.
- The article may be fluff, but if true, this is a guy who will be coming in at a grad school age and works at a homeless shelter... tell me that sort of perspective couldn't do wonders for some of the players on this team... especially, again if the article is even close to accurate, if coming from a guy with some of the best measurables on the team.