Class of 2017 - JUCO TE Ravian Pierce (MS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO TE Ravian Pierce (MS) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

http://No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Bolt/Syracuse-lands-the-nations-No-3-JUCO-tight-end--49836469

The Orange beat out several SEC powers to sign Ravian Pierce.

Junior College tight end Ravian Pierce (Summit, Miss./Southwest Mississippi State) just signed with Syracuse.

Pierce chose the Orange over SEC programs Mississippi State, LSU and Florida.

Syracuse also beat out Oklahoma State and eight additional offers for the coveted tight end.

Pierce, a three-star recruit, is ranked as the nation’s No. 3 Junior College tight end by No links to . . . allowed on this siteComposite.

Pierce (Plantation, Fla.) signed with Mississippi State out of his school.

He’s the fourth south Florida native commit this cycle for the Orange, a group that also includes linebacker Nadarius Fagan (Miami/Southridge), wide receiver Sharod Johnson (Miami/Booker T. Washington) and wide receiver Joshua Palmer (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./St. Thomas Aquinas).

Orange secondary coach Nick Monroe recruited Pierce for Syracuse.

Pierce (6-4, 225) has two years of eligibility remaining and will enroll at Syracuse in January.

He’s the 22nd verbal commit in the 2017 class for Syracuse.
I get giddy when we beat out the Big Boys for commits.
Popcorn

We'll see if he can be as effective as Provo

Name our best TE in the last 10 years.
smb-100819-dn-paulharrisjpg-b49d0db0f4e4572b_large.jpg

This pick up has gone very under the radar. this was a huge recruiting win

What radar? On this forum, I think we all know the impact of his commitment and the level of his talent. Could be a game-changing force (literally) in this offense.

What radar? On this forum, I think we all know the impact of his commitment and the level of his talent. Could be a game-changing force (literally) in this offense.

i don't think he's gotten as much play for how big a recruit he actually is. I can't name a more heavily recruited player than him over the past decade, maybe longer.

i don't think he's gotten as much play for how big a recruit he actually is. I can't name a more heavily recruited player than him over the past decade, maybe longer.

That's a tough call. I think DeVito could be just as big. Or the Fagan kid, who had Alabama, USC & LSU offers. There have been a number of recruits that have had big-time offers over the years - I think this kid could have a major immediate impact though.

That's a tough call. I think DeVito could be just as big. Or the Fagan kid, who had Alabama, USC & LSU offers. There have been a number of recruits that have had big-time offers over the years - I think this kid could have a major immediate impact though.

To be fair, TD was fairly under the radar when he committed, and blew up nationally this summer.

TD is already one of my favorite players simply due to him not wavering at all after he committed. He gave his word and is sticking to it.

Pierce doing well could be huge for our offense.

To be fair, TD was fairly under the radar when he committed, and blew up nationally this summer.

TD is already one of my favorite players simply due to him not wavering at all after he committed. He gave his word and is sticking to it.

Pierce doing well could be huge for SU's success with highly recruited JUCO players going forward as well. Let's hope the staff has a plan to make this kid a big time weapon and get him drafted in an early round after his 2 years. (I think they will)

If this guy is as advertised and we have a TE in this offense (Dino hasn't had one in a long time as HC) in addition to a running game?

You thought our QB/WR were good last year? Just wait until they have other ways they can kill you. I mean teams knew that we couldn't run and we still put up record breaking stats.

Don't disagree that he was under the radar but he's had offers from Ole Miss & Texas A&M since. Doesn't matter when they come.

A lot of kids get big-time offers as sophomores and then don't grow, don't mature, have terrible grades, etc.

I was just saying I don't think Pierce is the only big-time recruit we have in this class or have had in the last decade. We've had them - they have just been fewer and farther between than we need.

I think a big difference is that Pierce actually went on official visits to Miss St and LSU, as well as having been committed to Arkansas and MissSt. Grades de-railed him in 2013. It's one thing to see a site listing an offer, its another to actually land a kid who's officially visited some of those schools. How often does that happen at Syracuse.

Every single time a kid visits a 'big boy' school everyone is like, well there goes that. B/c 10 out 10 we don't get those kids.

Pierce doing well could be huge for SU's success with highly recruited JUCO players going forward as well. Let's hope the staff has a plan to make this kid a big time weapon and get him drafted in an early round after his 2 years. (I think they will)
I'm fine with us being an NFL prep school for juco and grad transfer players.