Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

We were in on a kid who was a JUCO linemen early last year - he didn't play. One year left at FSU.

I don't have an proof - but it seems like they take JUCO guys as insurance policies, rather than important pieces.

Honestly - we're just glad Trey loves Cuse! We're in the dark as to what offense Lester is moving us to - but hopeful that Trey's the kind of guy that will make a huge difference. Sounds like he was a very high priority for us.

I am not a football mastermind, but Lester had us very excited for next season and the plans he has. My husband knows all that offense talk more than me and he said he it will be exciting to see it implemented next year. All I know is that it would be fun to upset teams that aren't expecting it and bring confidence back in the coaching staff ~ they have what it takes, in my opinion, to WIN! And they are getting some awesome recruits in! Trey has been described by many as "raw" ~ he has the speed, knowledge, and passion to become something special ~ even we are excited to see what he can do ~ this is his biggest platform to bring it!!

I am not a football mastermind, but Lester had us very excited for next season and the plans he has. My husband knows all that offense talk more than me and he said he it will be exciting to see it implemented next year. All I know is that it would be fun to upset teams that aren't expecting it and bring confidence back in the coaching staff ~ they have what it takes, in my opinion, to WIN! And they are getting some awesome recruits in! Trey has been described by many as "raw" ~ he has the speed, knowledge, and passion to become something special ~ even we are excited to see what he can do ~ this is his biggest platform to bring it!!

Some fans are still sore from the rough season - and are tired of losing - so they can't see what you've seen close up. I'm very optimistic about Lester and his plan for "12 personnel" - and the TE's. This coaching staff seems like a bunch of great guys with a lot of passion and intelligence about football and life - We need next season to be great - upsets where a TE is the difference? Sign us up. :)

Some fans are still sore from the rough season - and are tired of losing - so they can't see what you've seen close up. I'm very optimistic about Lester and his plan for "12 personnel" - and the TE's. This coaching staff seems like a bunch of great guys with a lot of passion and intelligence about football and life - We need next season to be great - upsets where a TE is the difference? Sign us up. :)

I've seen alot of your posts and I like how you remain optimistic! I also believe that this offense they want to implement NEEDS a GREAT QB ~ With Hunt being in the box for half the season, I think it has enlightened him and he is capable of leading this team! I am so rooting for success going forward for the players, fans, and the coaches!! (Shafer adamantly said to us he has always hated losing, gave many examples)

Trey Dunkelberger7⃣ ‏@TreyDunk7 49m49 minutes ago
All these schools keep callin
274c.png

I'm sure the schools are just gauging his interest and wouldn't officially offer unless Trey reciprocated the interest. That being said, I'm glad that he is ORANGE!!

Trey told us that these schools have reached out to him this week: Colorado State, SMU, Texas, USC, Temple, Virginia, UConn, Buffalo, and USF ~
Hi Kelly...is Trey back at school or is he home?

Trey is at school in Calif finishing out the semester (finals next week) ~ he flies home 12/18 and is home with us until he leaves for Syracuse on 1/9 ~ he is sooooo ready to be able to call ONE place home for the next few years!

Trey is at school in Calif finishing out the semester (finals next week) ~ he flies home 12/18 and is home with us until he leaves for Syracuse on 1/9 ~ he is sooooo ready to be able to call ONE place home for the next few years!
We can't wait to see him in Coach Lester's version of the Dink and Dunk offense. Dink is a pass to the Backs. Dunk is a pass Down the Field to Trey. Yes, Kelly, that was my tweet.:)

We can't wait to see him in Coach Lester's version of the Dink and Dunk offense. Dink is a pass to the Backs. Dunk is a pass Down the Field to Trey. Yes, Kelly, that was my tweet.:)

:rolling:
The Syracuse fans are definitely passionate! We are really hoping Lester can get this offense firing on all cylinders ~ can't wait to watch next season!

He had visited USC last spring when he was out there and they liked his size and film, but were waiting on another TE recruits they were pursuing. Trey has been tired of being the "backup plan" with these coaches. Acosta and Lester made it known to him that he was their FIRST choice and that is what made the decision easy for Trey Game over!

Kelly029x said:

I foresee a lot of SU gear under the tree ;)

Kelly029x said:
He had visited USC last spring when he was out there and they liked his size and film, but were waiting on another TE recruits they were pursuing. Trey has been tired of being the "backup plan" with these coaches. Acosta and Lester made it known to him that he was their FIRST choice and that is what made the decision easy for Trey Game over!

I wish more kids thought like that. We see a lot of guys that are these top 10 teams backup plans see little to no playing time - that would have had a way better chance to really grow on the field here.

I believe Lester and Acosta - we need a great TE to make this new offense really go. Glad it's Trey!!!