Class of 2014 - JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 JUCO TE/WR Trey Dunkelberger (PA) Signed LOI

Thanks for the comments, Kelly. We look forward to seeing Trey do big things for the Orange and be a proud representative of the University even beyond his time on the Hill. Please feel free to join us in the Fine Lot for a tailgate or two as well!

We have many recruiting visits under out belt and this one, by far, has exceeded all expectations. The warmth, excitement, passion from ALL the coaches towards Trey has been genuine. We, as Trey's parents, know this was meant to be and is a perfect fit. He will become a part of a family here (for life) and will be pushed to his max academically and athletically. There is a quiet storm/excitement brewing for next season. All the coaches are passionate about this team and will not stop until they are winning! Trey being a part of it is nothing short of a blessing, he is ON FIRE after these past 2 days!!

Wow i havent been this excited over a post since the drew allen post from the oklahoma fan.

This morning we talked with Lester and Acosta. Two of the most passionate, knowledgeable, high energy, genuine coaches we have talked to! They are extremely excited for next year and the energy is contagious. Trey will be moving to the Hill Jan 9th, starting spring end of Feb

I liked the nugget about the offense:

Dunkelberger spoke with offensive coordinator Tim Lester about the importance of mastering the playbook quickly once it's distributed in early January. The goal is for him to be able to move from a traditional tight end position, to split out in the slot and to the backfield, Dunkelberger said.

The staff hopes he'll be able to move around on a play-to-play basis, Dunkelberger said, which would allow them to substitute less frequently.

"They're looking to keep the same position on the field and just move people around," Dunkelberger said.

I liked the nugget about the offense:

Dunkelberger spoke with offensive coordinator Tim Lester about the importance of mastering the playbook quickly once it's distributed in early January. The goal is for him to be able to move from a traditional tight end position, to split out in the slot and to the backfield, Dunkelberger said.

The staff hopes he'll be able to move around on a play-to-play basis, Dunkelberger said, which would allow them to substitute less frequently.

"They're looking to keep the same position on the field and just move people around," Dunkelberger said.

Thank god! I swear the constant substitutions and "multiplicity" just confused the team and killed chemistry more than anything positive it brought.

PhatOrange said:
I liked the nugget about the offense: Dunkelberger spoke with offensive coordinator Tim Lester about the importance of mastering the playbook quickly once it's distributed in early January. The goal is for him to be able to move from a traditional tight end position, to split out in the slot and to the backfield, Dunkelberger said. The staff hopes he'll be able to move around on a play-to-play basis, Dunkelberger said, which would allow them to substitute less frequently. "They're looking to keep the same position on the field and just move people around," Dunkelberger said.

Gronk.

Some pictures from the weekend

Attachments

• DSC_0069.JPG
    DSC_0069.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC_0057.JPG
    DSC_0057.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 177
Some pictures from the weekend

I've always wondered, do they have all the colors prepped and the athlete gets to pick which color jersey they want? Or does the staff just hand the kids a jersey for them to try on?

Guess who just called Trey? Florida State :blah: After his visit, he is not budging!

Im sure they would love a top rated prospect that is also an upstanding member of the community as theyve neglected the second part quite often recently. Tallahassee is a looooong way from home though. Glad Trey wants to be part of building something special instead of just another name at a big program.

Trey said sorry, I'm committed and asked why they waited this long...their response...we were busy trying to stay undefeated. We always felt Trey would be a better fit going to a program and help rebuild versus just a number. That was what I was saying to Amir, Steve, and Evan :)

Trey said sorry, I'm committed and asked why they waited this long...their response...we were busy trying to stay undefeated. We always felt Trey would be a better fit going to a program and help rebuild versus just a number. That was what I was saying to Amir, Steve, and Evan :)

We were in on a kid who was a JUCO linemen early last year - he didn't play. One year left at FSU.

I don't have an proof - but it seems like they take JUCO guys as insurance policies, rather than important pieces.

Honestly - we're just glad Trey loves Cuse! We're in the dark as to what offense Lester is moving us to - but hopeful that Trey's the kind of guy that will make a huge difference. Sounds like he was a very high priority for us.

what else were they pitching? official visit, offer?