Judah Mintz to NBA Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Grandpa tweeting "Good Riddance Syracuse" might not help numbers at the autograph session.
Gramps deleted the post...

riddance.png

His Grandpa tweeting "Good Riddance Syracuse" might not help numbers at the autograph session.
Wow, take a look at grandpa's likes on twitter: https://twitter.com/CarlMintz4/likes

He liked things bashing Red ("coaching staff is the worst in D1"; "give me 1 game this year where Red wasn't outcoached"), bashing the program and staff ("program is a joke now, maybe they should have hired outside the previous staff"), stuff bashing Taylor starting ("more minutes for Taylor. that's not a good thing"). All within the last couple months. You can see where things broke down.

What an embarrassment.

That wasn't a stray. Mike was fully getting blasted.

Who knows why?
Judah probably doesnt want to leave

guys have a little sympathy for these players living out their dreams in the spotlight

Seeing the small sample size of public drama this season (continued now) I can't even imagine what Red and co put up with behind the scenes.

Makes reaching 20+ wins with a group that immaturely-dysfunctional all that more impressive. Can't wait to see what Red does with a group fully bought in to his vision, and more importantly, respect.

Gramps deleted the post...

riddance.png

Gramps was PO’d that Cuse fans would dare say anything negative about Judah’s game.

When we all were simply pointing out the stuff he needs to work on, be better at,
and stuff he needs to stop doing -
like jawboning the refs after a turrible shot, leading to a 4-on-5 break the other way.

Example 4,444 why family members of players shouldn’t post to fan boards.
It’s never gonna end well.

I am not surprised but he's not ready. Maybe he will improve and get there but despite his high scoring totals, he's not NBA right now. I get it though, time to make a quick buck.

But the NCAA/NIL might give these non NBA First Rounders more chance to make a quick buck.

One of the good things that has come from the NIL, is that the NCAA has much more player retention of upperclassmen... or even more top freshman. Its why the move by the G-League to improve compensation a bit / improve training and development / create Overtime Elite has not worked out.

The NCAA has a higher depth of players in it in 2024 than in 2014, and it will be the case again in 2025. Now if there was only a way to find a way to get NIL/player compensation mirrored with more continuity within programs. There are ways but is the NCAA willing to go there.

Gramps was PO’d that Cuse fans would dare say anything negative about Judah’s game.

When we all were simply pointing out the stuff he needs to work on, be better at,
and stuff he needs to stop doing -
like jawboning the refs after a turrible shot, leading to a 4-on-5 break the other way.

Example 4,444 why family members of players shouldn’t post to fan boards.
It’s never gonna end well.

Some fans say some reasonable negative feedback.

But there are also some fans on social media that are allergic to reasonability, and are outright toxic. I could totally understand how those fans are more noticed by family members (just human tendency) and why they get irked.

Best of luck to Judah.
Now I'll have an interest in watching the 2nd round of the NBA draft.

There are ways but is the NCAA willing to go there.
One way or another, yes. Too much at stake and it's too obviously the right move. It's just as obvious that's needed as it is that conference realignment is financially good for the SEC and B1G. I'm just relieved that for once, the interest of the fans and athletes are aligned with the big money.

Unfortunately, I don't like what this means for the tournament (likely way fewer Cinderella stories).

One of the most exciting, electrifying, unstoppable at times penetrating guards we've ever seen, Syracuse or elsewhere. Aw, Judah - will miss your game, bud and I hope you put it all together wherever you end up.

Great b-balling and so much fun to watch!

Best of luck to Judah.
Now I'll have an interest in watching the 2nd round of the NBA draft.
possibly will go undrafted, is he on any mock draft boards?

Last edited:
Wow, take a look at grandpa's likes on twitter: https://twitter.com/CarlMintz4/likes

He liked things bashing Red ("coaching staff is the worst in D1"; "give me 1 game this year where Red wasn't outcoached"), bashing the program and staff ("program is a joke now, maybe they should have hired outside the previous staff"), stuff bashing Taylor starting ("more minutes for Taylor. that's not a good thing"). All within the last couple months. You can see where things broke down.

What an embarrassment.

I'd like to rescind my comment from post #114 it appears.

I don't like to attach comments from family members to the coach/player.
Blame his grandfather for those comments, not Judah
Obviously it would be unfair to definitively attach the comments to Judah. However, as a poker player I'm used to dealing with uncertainty and probability. It's way more likely than not that gramps got a lot of that from Judah, as opposed to just spitting H0T Takes on social media all by himself. I'd say 2 to 1 odds.

Doesn't matter at this point, anyway. Good riddance to gramps social media posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom