Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, that line was sung by Ellen Foley (aka Billie Young from Night Court).

It's an interesting thing to watch unfold.

How many times do you need to be told "we like you but we can't guarantee we will pick you" before you realize the answer to your question isn't the one you want to hear?

And after you hear this answer over and over again, how much do you believe the hype from the outside (i.e. the guy on Instagram who keeps pumping him up, or the agents/personnel that would benefit from him making any amount of money and don't care about the best decision for the kid) over the intel that you're receiving from the teams themselves?

Interesting game of chicken being played. I hope it works out regardless of the decision, but I think it's clear what that decision should be and what the feedback received has been.

(Please do not take this the wrong way - I do want what's best for the kid, but I'm of the opinion that if you're leaving for a non-guaranteed 2-way contract and a possible late 2nd round pick, it's not the right decision in the new NIL world.)
LOL How many of us have done that with a member of the opposite sex?

Take yourself out of the shoes of a 19 year old, and put on your own shoes. Now, have you ever really wanted to do something SOOO badly that you toss and turn at night trying to make the right decision? You might know deep down what that decision is, and it is not to do it, but deep down you really want to. You have been dreaming of it, and it is just within your grasp. OOOO. You want it.
Now put on the shoes of a 19 year old who is making what is probably the biggest decision of his life. More so than where to go to college.
And that is what is going on.

Take yourself out of the shoes of a 19 year old, and put on your own shoes. Now, have you ever really wanted to do something SOOO badly that you toss and turn at night trying to make the right decision? You might know deep down what that decision is, and it is not to do it, but deep down you really want to. You have been dreaming of it, and it is just within your grasp. OOOO. You want it.
Now put on the shoes of a 19 year old who is making what is probably the biggest decision of his life. More so than where to go to college.
And that is what is going on.
Yes. I get it. That’s what parents are for, in my opinion. To provide reason and ration to a 19-year old making a life altering decision. Not saying it will boil down to what a parent says because you want the kid to make his own decision… but you can provide perspectives and reality to the situation that Instagram and other agents cannot.

Meatloaf said things

I saw meatloaf get hit in the chest with a meatloaf once...

It was on stage and big chunks of loaf went through his unbuttoned frilly shirt and flew out the shirt arms.

He left the stage and didn't come back out. The show didn't go on...

He’s a good guy and didn’t deserve that.”​
You’re right. He didn’t. We were all young, and most of us pretty stupid back then.”
“(Person’s name) baked a meatloaf the night before Springfest and strategically threw it at Meatloaf during his performance.”

Last edited:
The more I think about this, I feel like he’s coming back. There would be no reason to wait to say I’m staying in the draft. The guys that are dropping out aren’t the one’s he should worry about.
I think dasher is on the money when he says he’s waiting to hear certain things from NBA teams.

Judah clearly wants to go, if he was going to stay he already say he’s back. I think it’s going to come down to getting a promise (or some other assurance) before the deadline tomorrow; if he gets it, he’s gone

I think dasher is on the money when he says he’s waiting to hear certain things from NBA teams.

Judah clearly wants to go, if he was going to stay he already say he’s back. I think it’s going to come down to getting a promise (or some other assurance) before the deadline tomorrow; if he gets it, he’s gone

Agreed.

What he'll do if he DOESN'T get those type of assurances is the million dollar question.

OK, I know that everybody is all stressed out about the whole "will he stay or will he go" thing, especially as it pertains to having a top-flight point guard next year. Well, I'm here to tell you that your old buddy Uncle Dick has it covered.

I just returned from shooting outside in 90 degree heat and you'd be shocked at how many jumpers I made in a row. I know that I sure was. 3-pointers? Not exactly; I've got a shoulder thing going on this week, but unguarded from 12 feet? I was automatic, or as close as you're going to get out of the likes of me.

For those of you longing for the days of Tyler Ennis walking it up, I WILL walk it up. I'll also get some rebounds if the ball comes directly into my hands. Old Uncle Dick doesn't have the same vertical leap that he had when he was 18. But who does?

I know what you are saying: "Wow! this is awesome but do you actually have any eligibility?" Well, who is to say, know what I mean? Besides, there should be some sort of special thing about an SU alum celebrating his 50th reunion this year, right?

Finally, I am announcing right now that I WILL take NIL $$$. Whatever Jesse turned down, send it my way. I'm not proud. No need to get the IRS involved; unmarked bills in a stack of pizza boxes from The Varsity will work just fine.

So feel free to relax now and go have a beverage of your choice. I've got SU's back.

Yes. I get it. That’s what parents are for, in my opinion. To provide reason and ration to a 19-year old making a life altering decision. Not saying it will boil down to what a parent says because you want the kid to make his own decision… but you can provide perspectives and reality to the situation that Instagram and other agents cannot.
What if the parent agrees with the kid?

Don't confuse that with me being optimistic. I just have no idea.
Yup very well could be the case. And I wouldn’t put it past an agent to leverage a team to “leak that he might be their pick” to convince him to stay in the draft. Agents don’t get a pct of NIL, they do get a piece of your nba/g league deal.

Is it possible that the delay has to do with an NIL deal being negotiated and fully agreed upon before an announcement is made?

Yup very well could be the case. And I wouldn’t put it past an agent to leverage a team to “leak that he might be their pick” to convince him to stay in the draft. Agents don’t get a pct of NIL, they do get a piece of your nba/g league deal.
I thought they could have NIL agents now?

OK, I know that everybody is all stressed out about the whole "will he stay or will he go" thing, especially as it pertains to having a top-flight point guard next year. Well, I'm here to tell you that your old buddy Uncle Dick has it covered.

I just returned from shooting outside in 90 degree heat and you'd be shocked at how many jumpers I made in a row. I know that I sure was. 3-pointers? Not exactly; I've got a shoulder thing going on this week, but unguarded from 12 feet? I was automatic, or as close as you're going to get out of the likes of me.

For those of you longing for the days of Tyler Ennis walking it up, I WILL walk it up. I'll also get some rebounds if the ball comes directly into my hands. Old Uncle Dick doesn't have the same vertical leap that he had when he was 18. But who does?

I know what you are saying: "Wow! this is awesome but do you actually have any eligibility?" Well, who is to say, know what I mean? Besides, there should be some sort of special thing about an SU alum celebrating his 50th reunion this year, right?

Finally, I am announcing right now that I WILL take NIL $$$. Whatever Jesse turned down, send it my way. I'm not proud. No need to get the IRS involved; unmarked bills in a stack of pizza boxes from The Varsity will work just fine.

So feel free to relax now and go have a beverage of your choice. I've got SU's back.
Zima here I come baby!! Dick is in charge and paint me a believer!

At this point, I think it's emotion (I want to be in the NBA) vs logic (I am projected at best as a mid-second rounder and could get NIL in College).

I’m starting to think there won’t be an announcement, because there’s no intent to come back.

Completely uninformed. But that would make sense to me, as we all wait for an announcement. Maybe we are waiting for something that just doesn’t exist or won’t.

Or maybe it’s a tight negotiation coming down to the last minute.

Or maybe I’ll duck out of this room before I get hit with a boot.

Come on home Judah.

It’s been complete radio silence for a very long time here. All social media, and other information seems to be trending toward him staying in the draft. At this point I have no idea how this will shake out, but it’s certainly not trending toward us.

So, are there any realistic options this late? Grad transfers only, I understand.

Quinnerly, is that the kid we recruited years ago?

And then there's a freshman from NJ, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom