Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz to test NBA Draft waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reading todays Post Standard, it sounds like Westry is our point guard for next year. Great article with positive comments from coaches and pro scouts. He wants to blow the rooftop the Dome. I’m looking forward to “positionless“ style basketball. Gerry said he’s looking forward to developing rotations next year.

Yes why are we waiting on him at this point. Reading the leaves he’s 90% gone unless we overpay on NIL… which we won’t.
So you’re suggesting we close the door because he might choose the NBA?

And then setting up a false choice between overpaying NIL and losing him, when none of that is confirmed?

All framed in the negative?

Whew. Laundering negative vibes like a pro

I know the story - next year's draft class is weak, Judah could further develop his game and become a legend while increasing his draft stock ....but it seems to me there is more than a few Judah's every year that appear on the scene. There also seem to be a number of kids who come back who don't increase their stock.

I'm always of the belief you should go, as I think you get better coaching and more time to develop your game in a professional setting. NIL is the equalizer for the colleges for the fringe guys like Judah. Of course there are instances where academics factor in too, but finances matter. Tough choice for a young man.

Not exactly big names that other schools that recruit Europe were chasing.
theyre chasing edwards now, arent they??

and never said anything about names - that's actually irrelevant...and a reason that it is a good place to look - recruiting competition is low, talent is high...

another "name" is the last thing this team needs...

skilled big man is missing from the roster - big man that can shoot - which is much more common amongst euro centers imo.

there are already big bodies that can rebound and foul...(although, granted, adding a low skill big man with size and aggression would be better than not adding anyone)

a shooting big man takes this team to the next level, imo

i just want a shooting big man that is above average defensively...dgaf about name.

You need to have connections over there. Do we have any? Have we been recruiting Europe for years? Or just now that we are desperate?
lol...I live in Barcelona...I can go ask FC Barcelona if they know of anyone

***side note*** (which, btw, got me thinking: if NIL deals and paid players are the new reality in NCAA - then why couldnt international players that have been signed by foreign clubs but yet to really establish themselves be off limits anymore in NCAA??)

lol...I live in Barcelona...I can go ask FC Barcelona if they know of anyone

***side note*** (which, btw, got me thinking: if NIL deals and paid players are the new reality in NCAA - then why couldnt international players that have been signed by foreign clubs but yet to really establish themselves be off limits anymore in NCAA??)

Not wanting to go OT but just going to say as someone who works with many folks who weren't born or didn't grow up in the states- there is legitimate hesitation for parents/families to send their kid overseas with the state of things right now in this country.

Not wanting to go OT but just going to say as someone who works with many folks who weren't born or didn't grow up in the states- there is legitimate hesitation for parents/families to send their kid overseas with the state of things right now in this country.
Nothing that a few zeros can’t fix

Nothing that a few zeros can’t fix

Yeah but the majority aren't at that level or until after a few years like Jesse. It's not just a sports matter by any stretch

Yeah but the majority aren't at that level or until after a few years like Jesse. It's not just a sports matter by any stretch
Dev kids from EU dont work for Syracuse unless SU decides to play NIL with foreign kids.

From reading todays Post Standard, it sounds like Westry is our point guard for next year. Great article with positive comments from coaches and pro scouts. He wants to blow the rooftop the Dome. I’m looking forward to “positionless“ style basketball. Gerry said he’s looking forward to developing rotations next year.

That was a great read and definitely boosts my confidence a little in that addition. Clear call out of playing mtm as well. Couple other nuggets.. him being up to 196- kid is solid which makes him harder to screen. Good defender that can force a ball handler where he wants them to go- making a shot blocker more effective.

Good vision could benefit a bigger athletic C as well.

90 percent gone isn't 100 percent gone for guys who would maybe come in. Unless the expectations are Red should cut bait with Judah, what more can he do at this juncture?
Unproven freshmen PG from Syracuse haven't fared well on the NBA, case in point Ennis a few years ago.
The NBA wants PG who can play both positions, PG and SG.
Judah needs to come back and improve his shooting, then he will go high in the draft.

Assuming this means good news for Judah to be invited to the draft combine. It's what usually draft combine, g league combine then the porstmouth invitational?
Maybe? At some point we'll know which, if any, Judah was invited to.

As a week ago I believe 250 players declared for the draft. 60-80 will get invited to the combine. A large portion who don't I would imagine put their name in the portal if they haven't already.

The guard list out there right now is pretty outstanding. Big men is a different story.
Last year 40 guys got invited

Well if Portsmouth.. gonna guess that's good news for a return..
Portsmouth already happened, its a showcase for seniors. Likely looking at either NBA Draft Combine or no combine at all.

Portsmouth already happened, its a showcase for seniors. Likely looking at either NBA Draft Combine or no combine at all.

Got it.. for some reason I thought they had underclassmen too. Looking at the G league combine seems to me it would be odd if he didn't get an invite to the NBA combine. He's a better prospect than many on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom