Judah Mintz | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

First time I got to see him play yesterday against Colgate. I'm thinking he is going to be unstoppable once he gets adjusted. Reminds me of Iverson.

If he wants a future in pro ball he's going to need to develop other skills, like passing, and defense.
When I saw him finish under the rim, I thought, he's got real potential. He'll learn the D.

Imagine not having him on this team?
And thank God JB secured him late in the cycle or else this class would need a lot of time. To the folks on here hyping it as a top 10 class, I tried telling you it is rated high because it's 6 players, only 1 would be ready to contribute consistently. The other 5 are developmental pieces.

When I saw him finish under the rim, I thought, he's got real potential. He'll learn the D.
If it was easy everyone would play good D. My gut feeling is he has a real feel for the game. If he stays he could join the all timers.

If it was easy everyone would play good D. My gut feeling is he has a real feel for the game. If he stays he could join the all timers.
He knows the game, D takes effort and commitment, scorers don't seem to want to expend the energy to get after it.

I think he will be an all timer, it’ll take 2 years but he’s got the swag. Once Jesse starts finishing he’ll have the assists rolling in

I know he gets his every now and then, but his lack of pg skills really hurts this team. He’s a good player for a freshman, but is he even as good as like a freshman Triche? We seem to be overhyping him a bit.

Last edited:
I think he will be an all timer, it’ll take 2 years but he’s got the swag. Once Jesse starts finishing he’ll have the assists rolling in
Not sure this team is ever going to have a lot of assists. Just look at the stats tonight of assists to baskets comparing us to Northeastern.

That said, I have a new nickname for Judah. ALLDAY. As in Judah can get to the rim all day long.

In this game, he reminded me of a more athletic Billy Edelin, who also got in the lane at will even without tremendous athleticism.

If the guy who has the ball can get whatever he wants at the rim you're not going to see a lot of assists. I said after his first game Judah matches the hype. There will be a learning curve when we see better defenses. Judah has tools reserved for the few.

Judah's not going to pass the ball when he is getting easy baskets. When opposing defenses start scheming to stop him, the rest of the offense will open up and he will pass the ball.

The shot Judah made in the lane in OT was an NBA move. He made it look easy. This kid is ice. His poise is unreal.

A reporter asked a question about Judah and got the JB "you can't be that stupid" look. Then JB said, "he's only played four games".

All I see lacking is a little experience. And he needs more muscle to play in the NBA. He's better than I thought he'd be as a frosh, way better.

The shot Judah made in the lane in OT was an NBA move. He made it look easy. This kid is ice. His poise is unreal.

A reporter asked a question about Judah and got the JB "you can't be that stupid" look. Then JB said, "he's only played four games".

All I see lacking is a little experience. And he needs more muscle to play in the NBA. He's better than I thought he'd be as a frosh, way better.
The body control is very good. He has a knack for avoiding contact in the lane / avoiding a charge too. He plays within control. He’s already slowing the game down for himself. It’s very impressive.

And his anticipation / length on D is getting better too.

The body control is very good. He has a knack for avoiding contact in the lane / avoiding a charge too. He plays within control. He’s already slowing the game down for himself. It’s very impressive.

And his anticipation / length on D is getting better too.
Those two steals were a thing of beauty. In crunch time he just took over. It was like "I'm going to put these chumps away".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom