Judah would rather talk | Syracusefan.com

Judah would rather talk

He's a very good/talented college player and he is likely an intelligent young man. He does not play smart though and his on court behavior is unlikable IMO. how many times a game does he lag behind the action complaining to the refs while the other guys play 4 on 5. He could be so much better and he is already very good.

He makes a ton of plays and is our most dangerous player. He can harass the heck out of guys on defense when he wants to. But he does that matador steal attempt when someone is bringing up the ball way too much. He'll swipe at the ball and then just watch the guy as he drives into the heart of the defense instead of hustling back to recover.

He's so close to being elite. Wish we could have him with Donnie next year.

Judah is a GREAT talent...but jordoo and sufandu are exactly right.
How good is PITT? Maybe a 35th ranked team when it's said and done?
we had 2 (bench)players have their best games YTD and we win by 10 at OUR place.
But I feel like when we play strong teams, especially on the road, Judah's tendencies may cost us games.
Maybe Red can have him "tone it down " a bit...

Happy New year Orange fans!!

we had 2 (bench)players have their best games YTD and we win by 10 at OUR place.
But I feel like when we play strong teams, especially on the road, Judah's tendencies may cost us games.

Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow night. Roach is a tough defender. Judah isn’t going to be able to penetrate as easily as normal. Can JJ or Copland make enough plays as a secondary ball handlers?

Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow night. Roach is a tough defender. Judah isn’t going to be able to penetrate as easily as normal. Can JJ or Copland make enough plays as a secondary ball handlers?
You must have forgotten last year’s game. Judah had 18 points against them including two dunks off of steals. Stole a pass from Deriq for one dunk and stole the ball from Roach mid court for a dunk. Played against Roach in high school. He’ll be up for this one. Trust me. He and Benny. Also played with Caleb Foster and Christian Reeves at Osk Hill where he was the MVP. That team had Chris Livingston too the last pick in last year’s draft.

Perhaps as just, or even more important, is Judah holding Roach to scoring below his average.
Filipowski will get his points. The team needs to make sure that the rest of the Dukies are held to a minimum output.

It's funny how some people like to minimize every victory over a decent team or conclude that those decent teams really aren't very good.

It's funny how some people like to minimize every victory over a decent team or conclude that those decent teams really aren't very good.
There have always been certain posters who like to lay in the weeds and snipe at whatever they feel is not up to their standards.

Some won't even post until the team loses a game.

I stated Pitt is likely a 35th ranked team...there are over 350 schools playing division 1 basketball.
How is a team in the top 10% "not very good"?

I stated Pitt is likely a 35th ranked team...there are over 350 schools playing division 1 basketball.
How is a team in the top 10% "not very good"?
I'm sure you can grasp my general point.

Were people complaining about Judah’s talking not around for DC or even Devo?
I don’t have a dog in this thread, but, respectfully, DC could talk to anyone he damn pleases. We should not invoke his name in the same sentence with pretty good college players.

I don’t have a dog in this thread, but, respectfully, DC could talk to anyone he damn pleases. We should not invoke his name in the same sentence with pretty good college players.
Point of the post is why does it even matter? If the player can play and backs it up, so be it. Like it or not, Syracuse basketball has often been associated with that swagger.

Johnny, Scoop, Dion all talked ish.
I do not think anyone has a problem with trash talk. Personally not a fan but if it hypes up the player. I think the issue is complaining to the officials when you do not get a call and not hustling back on D. Mintz is a great player but to be a professional in the nba you have to realize you are not going to get every call and have to continue to play with intensity.

Johnny, Scoop, Dion all talked ish.
True, but while they were either running up or down court to play defense or in between the action (huge difference from someone who is standing still or walking up the court complaining to the refs).

If people really don’t see the difference between Devo/DC trash talking and Judah’s whining I dont know what to tell you. Judah is a talented player he just needs to mature a little more to become a star for SU.
Fair point

I do not think anyone has a problem with trash talk. Personally not a fan but if it hypes up the player. I think the issue is complaining to the officials when you do not get a call and not hustling back on D. Mintz is a great player but to be a professional in the nba you have to realize you are not going to get every call and have to continue to play with intensity.
The only person in the NBA who does this consistently is Luka. He gets away with it because he is a superstar, but it is unprofessional and hurts the team as they are playing 4 on 5 while he pouts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom