Judah would rather talk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah would rather talk

I was on the hotel elevator with Maliq and Judah after the Chaminade game and Judah, completely unprompted, apologized to me.

I have a super soft spot for guys who wear their heart on their sleeves and I have never doubted how badly Judah wants to win so I obviously told him that he had nothing to be sorry for. None of these kids owe me anything but I guess it was cool to walk away with confirmation that our superstar knows how much we care and wants to give us something that we haven't had in a long time.

I was already a Judah Mintz fan for life but I will freaking rock with this guy until he hangs up the sneakers.

It’s really interesting how Judah gets so much criticism for anything he does good or not so good when he is as coach Red says the leader, the engine that makes this team go. If for whatever reason he doesn’t go to the NBA, which I believe is unlikely, perhaps he should go into the portal since he’s not appreciated. Of course he’s not perfect. He makes mistakes like every college and NBA player, for that matter, but nobody can question his heart and competitiveness and toughness. Good thing he’s appreciated by his coaches and teammates.
Think he is also appreciated by the majority of the fan base. Sometimes people like to complain on message boards and every fan base (college or pro) will have their share of supporters and those who criticize. Judah can know that many of us are glad to have a player who makes a difference. Don't let a few comments make you feel he is not appreciated because he definitely is.

Point of the post is why does it even matter? If the player can play and backs it up, so be it.

Look, I get it. You want to defend your grandson. I would want to do the same thing, in your position.

But you have to understand that no matter where you go or what you say, there will be detractors - right or wrong. Anywhere he goes. Anywhere.

We have had parents and grandparents of players on this board over the years. It rarely (ever?) ends well.

Not telling you what to do or not to do. Just giving you the lay of the land.
The post above bears reposting. Grandparents on fan message boards never work out very well. And, frankly, the groveling by fans to someone who doesn’t seem to understand that, so they don’t get “mad”, is also annoying. If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

The post above bears reposting. Grandparents on fan message boards never work out very well. And, frankly, the groveling by fans to someone who doesn’t seem to understand that, so they don’t get “mad”, is also annoying. If you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
You're annoyed by a fan board? Because some people take it differently? The fanboard is the heat, kitchen or whatever? Interesting.

Tatum does it too. Every player does it at the next level.

At the end of the day I don't really care, Judah complaining about a call early might get him a cheaper one later on. Sometimes you have to "play the game" a little.
Working officials sometimes work but not so sure with acc officials . No issue advocating when you think it was a foul just make sure you get back on D. Have different points in the game you can talk to officials.

It’s really interesting how Judah gets so much criticism for anything he does good or not so good when he is as coach Red says the leader, the engine that makes this team go. If for whatever reason he doesn’t go to the NBA, which I believe is unlikely, perhaps he should go into the portal since he’s not appreciated. Of course he’s not perfect. He makes mistakes like every college and NBA player, for that matter, but nobody can question his heart and competitiveness and toughness. Good thing he’s appreciated by his coaches and teammates.

A) He doesn't get "so much criticism."

B) The criticism he does get he'll get at any school he goes to through the portal as well (no fanbase likes complaining about fouls instead of getting back on D). So if he can't handle criticism, I don't know that that's an option to avoid it.

I may be critical of Judah’s first round prospects, but I won’t ever question his commitment and passion for competing.

Maybe he talks, but so do a lot of guys… at all levels.

We just need him to stay on the court. And use that energy the right way. But never lose that fire.

than play.
Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

Think he is also appreciated by the majority of the fan base. Sometimes people like to complain on message boards and every fan base (college or pro) will have their share of supporters and those who criticize. Judah can know that many of us are glad to have a player who makes a difference. Don't let a few comments make you feel he is not appreciated because he definitely is.
And the thing is, the same person can support AND criticize. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Just because a person points out something someone should do differently doesn't mean they aren't supportive.

Tatum does it too. Every player does it at the next level.

At the end of the day I don't really care, Judah complaining about a call early might get him a cheaper one later on. Sometimes you have to "play the game" a little.
I’ve got less of a problem with Judah whining to the refs if it happens during dead ball time. When he whines to the ref in lieu of getting back on defense it’s unacceptable

this thread, or at least the first post in it, has a most unfortunate Get Off My Lawn (or maybe Old Man Yells At Cloud?) feel to it

Last edited:
He's not overly criticized or under appreciated here. That's nonsense. It's pointed out when he makes dumb defensive decisions, doesn't share the ball, or anything else that hurts the team short term. Just like every other athlete in the history of the school.

I will say that Judah needs to keep his head on straight tomorrow night because he won't be getting the whistle he wants in Cameron. Cannot let things spiral, again.

I was on the hotel elevator with Maliq and Judah after the Chaminade game and Judah, completely unprompted, apologized to me.

I have a super soft spot for guys who wear their heart on their sleeves and I have never doubted how badly Judah wants to win so I obviously told him that he had nothing to be sorry for. None of these kids owe me anything but I guess it was cool to walk away with confirmation that our superstar knows how much we care and wants to give us something that we haven't had in a long time.

I was already a Judah Mintz fan for life but I will freaking rock with this guy until he hangs up the sneakers.
Why did he apologize to you?

Don't mind the talking at all...Devo was one of my favorite Cuse players, and when he started jawing you knew he was about to go off! Judah though, plays best when he just lets the game come to him, and takes what the defense is giving him. When he goes hero ball, it isn't his best. He's soooo talented, and when he starts to just play a little smarter, he'll really start to stand out even more.

I was in an elevator with Jonny Flynn at the Crowne Plaza and I couldn't believe I was taller than a college basketball player.
(he didn't apologize to me)

Don't mind the talking at all...Devo was one of my favorite Cuse players, and when he started jawing you knew he was about to go off! Judah though, plays best when he just lets the game come to him, and takes what the defense is giving him. When he goes hero ball, it isn't his best. He's soooo talented, and when he starts to just play a little smarter, he'll really start to stand out even more.
As was pointed out earlier, people aren't complaining about Judah trash talking. They're complaining about him complaining to refs while leaving the rest of the team to play 4 on 5. Trash talking is fine, especially when it motivates you or gets in your opponent's head.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom