Just an FYI pic (Brogdon shot at ~27 seconds) | Syracusefan.com

Just an FYI pic (Brogdon shot at ~27 seconds)

Digger

2nd String
We won. Who cares etc. I agree. And calls are obviously bang-bang and refs always miss stuff, but I thought watching live that Brogdon may have (at that pivotal call at ~27 seconds) landed before releasing the ball on his initial missed shot.

For anyone who thought similarly and was wondering, here's a screenshot of Brogdon PRE-shot (if it hasn't been posted already)

image.jpeg

So we've survived two insane calls so far: the Cooney out of bounds and this one. If these breaks went in our favor the world would implode. They'd cancel the rest of the tournament.

We won. Who cares etc. I agree. And calls are obviously bang-bang and refs always miss stuff, but I thought watching live that Brogdon may have (at that pivotal call at ~27 seconds) landed before releasing the ball on his initial missed shot.

For anyone who thought similarly and was wondering, here's a screenshot of Brogdon PRE-shot (if it hasn't been posted already)

View attachment 58807

Good work. Check out the ref right there too.

Weird, I thought he landed in real time, but just figured it was one of those calls that looks bad, bad wasnt. I guess it was bad.

To be fair. I have seen this happen every now and again and refs miss it every single time.

The only time I've ever seen and up and down called is if the defender holds the ball in the shooters hands till he hits the ground.

Good work. Check out the ref right there too.
I think the ref is too close to see both the feet and the ball in hands. Yes, it is possible to be too close to a play to make the right call.

How about this one? the "block? on G. Both announcers agreed the reason it was a block is because he was inside the arc. We have had some bad calls go for and against us the past couple games, but the overall story is officiating has been getting worse every year.

Attachments

• IMG_2165.PNG
    IMG_2165.PNG
    290.9 KB · Views: 77
How about this one? the "block? on G. Both announcers agreed the reason it was a block is because he was inside the arc. We have had some bad calls go for and against us the past couple games, but the overall story is officiating has been getting worse every year.
Yea, I kept waiting for them to show the replay. If G wasn't in the arc, it was a blatant charge.

JoeSU said:
Yea, I kept waiting for them to show the replay. If G wasn't in the arc, it was a blatant charge.
I had to rewind at halftime to confirm the bad call! It stuck with me the rest of the half and was a big momentum changer.

View attachment 58807

Good stuff, obviously a bang bang call.

Lydon also had a block on Brogden a few plays earlier (I think) that hit Brogden's arm on the way out of bounds, which they called UVA ball.

Again, really tough call but that stretch could have (and should have) gone even better for us.

I told my wife that it was a travel, but at that point in time, it looked like it wouldn't matter in the scheme of things so I didn't pitch a fit like I did on a few calls in the 1st half. In reality, the refs weren't horrible Sunday and they missed calls pretty equally for both teams. A lot of times it seems like all of the calls go one way in the 1st half and the other way in the 2nd. I think this was the case against UVA. When it evened out, we took advantage.

This was the worst call of the game. Sorry hoos, keep crying