Just gets sickening after a while | Syracusefan.com

Just gets sickening after a while

DonLightfoot

All Conference
How many different UNC/DUKE games will be replayed this week? I fully realize the enormity of the rivalry, but my goodness enough is enough. Was there any DUKE/SYR games replayed last week? There have obviously not been a lot of them, but a few have been epic. Maybe I just missed it. Seems more and more like the ACC and ACCN is indeed all about North Carolina. Maybe coach Brey had it right :confused:

How many different UNC/DUKE games will be replayed this week? I fully realize the enormity of the rivalry, but my goodness enough is enough. Was there any DUKE/SYR games replayed last week? There have obviously not been a lot of them, but a few have been epic. Maybe I just missed it. Seems more and more like the ACC and ACCN is indeed all about North Carolina. Maybe coach Brey had it right :confused:
I don't know about last week but they replayed all 3 of our games against duke from last year a lot in the past few months.

It is.
It has been for decades.
The Orange are not a good cultural fit in the ACC and never will be.
There is no reason to be in the conference besides $$$$.

No

I don't know about last week but they replayed all 3 of our games against duke from last year a lot in the past few months.
I have obviously not been checking at the right times.

There’s not a premiere rivalry in college sports, hell all of sports, that I care less about than Duke UNC.

b/c the acc is duke/nc

duke/cuse is far from a rivalry, it also doesn't help that coach and k are such good frends. It would be more of a story if they had a tensionable history.

SMH. Do they not remember the outrage it caused when UNC wore similar uni’s to those for the season, about 20 years ago?

UNC has one of the best uniforms in sports. You don’t mess with that.

b/c the acc is duke/nc

duke/cuse is far from a rivalry, it also doesn't help that coach and k are such good frends. It would be more of a story if they had a tensionable history.

Ive long said that Cuse-Duke could become the “new” secondary rivalry similar to what Maryland-Duke was in the early 2000s. That was a perfect storm of UNC sucking, Maryland being really good, and Duke-Maryland playing in some huge and entertaining games.

Cuse-Duke was on that path in 2013-14. Unfortunately our program dropped like a rock after that season, and UNC bounced back. But it was a fun season where Cuse-Duke were THE games in the ACC regular season.

We’ve continued to play them tough, but we’ve gotta get back to competing for league titles to have any kind of rivalry with them.

I don't mind it. As long as ESPN does not do something stupid like cutting into a live Syracuse game during the middle of the first half, to show some suits doing pre-game hype of the game at Cameron.

Oh wait, ESPN already did that before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom