Just some thoughts.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts..

You and many others here are to be very unhappy for the rest of this season and next season and possibly the season after because Buddy is going to be on the team and playing major minutes during those years. It could really affect your health.

Your delusions of grandeur are obvious to everyone.

But if you want this team to maximize its potential : 1) Buddy’s minutes need to go down, 2) Kadary’s need to go up and 3) Kadary need to be the primary 1 guard and JGIII needs to be the primary 2 guard. Buddy needs to be the 3rd guard in the rotation.

Gotta throw my man Onuaku into the big man foot work convo. One-on-one in the low post against anyone not named Hasheem Thabeet was usually a win for AO.
I think he was really strong and had good touch around the basket, but I don't think he had the footwork Otis Hill or Hakim had.

I would take him right now is less than a second. I don't care that he probably can't get out to cover the corner 3.

How about COVID as a rational reason. He has had three lengthy interruptions to practice time and games.

There is another rational reason. Regression towards the mean. Maybe he really is closer to 32% than 37%? We’ll see.

Your delusions of grandeur are obvious to everyone.

But if you want this team to maximize its potential : 1) Buddy’s minutes need to go down, 2) Kadary’s need to go up and 3) Kadary need to be the primary 1 guard and JGIII needs to be the primary 2 guard. Buddy needs to be the 3rd guard in the rotation.
I wish we had a coach as good as you. Instead we have a feeble old moron who is playing nepotistic games with the program. Isn't that what you really want to say?

I wish we had a coach as good as you. Instead we have a feeble old moron who is playing nepotistic games with the program. Isn't that what you really want to say?

You said it, I didn’t.

What I’ve said several times is this: 1) Buddy is not good enough to warrant 38 minutes a game, 2) JGIII is a better 2 guard and 3) The team is better on both sides of the court with Karday playing the 1 and JGIII at the 2.

WRT JB I’ve always recognized everything he‘s done for the program but no one is guaranteed a job for life. I’ve said that it would be better for the program if he or ADJW set a clear retirement date so that an orderly transition could occur. I also have said that this is what Mark Coyle tried to do on 6/25/15. But for reasons I’ll never understand, it didn’t work out.

You said it, I didn’t.

What I’ve said several times is this: 1) Buddy is not good enough to warrant 38 minutes a game, 2) JGIII is a better 2 guard and 3) The team is better on both sides of the court with Karday playing the 1 and JGIII at the 2.

WRT JB I’ve always recognized everything he‘s done for the program but no one is guaranteed a job for life. I’ve said that it would be better for the program if he or ADJW set a clear retirement date so that an orderly transition could occur. I also have said that this is what Mark Coyle tried to do on 6/25/15. But for reasons I’ll never understand, it didn’t work out.
You say it every time you post attacking his integrity and mental capacity. In any event, this team is going to go on a tear now, so you and your like will slink back into the weeds.

There is another rational reason. Regression towards the mean. Maybe he really is closer to 32% than 37%? We’ll see.

This is where people lose me with these takes. This is the Couscuse version of the other side of the argument. You are arguing a 10 game sample size outweighs the previous 65. Should he be around 25-30 minutes a game? Sure. But if you want to stop getting idiotic responses from the board troll at least think about what you are posting.

Ehh with you mostly, but Buddy isn't a 30% 3 point shooter based off his track record and fans are focusing on 10 games this season over the previous 75 games of his career.

Also for whatever reason Syracuse has made good shooters worse as Jake said above. We don't scheme open shots as well as some other schools. It's always been that way.

He's a career 35%+ shooter. Remember what Bill Parcells said. That's a little bit better than mediocre. And Girard is woeful. Yet these guys have carte blanche to launch. And they both stink on the defensive end. It's blindingly obvious that Kadary needs more minutes.

This is where people lose me with these takes. This is the Couscuse version of the other side of the argument. You are arguing a 10 game sample size outweighs the previous 65. Should he be around 25-30 minutes a game? Sure. But if you want to stop getting idiotic responses from the board troll at least think about what you are posting.

I really am thinking about it. What I think is happening is that we are playing a higher percentage of teams that can play pressure defense. Plus, defenses are all over him like flies to honey. That could absolutely impact Buddy’s point total since he’s really a spot up shooter.

We’ll see how the rest of the season pans out. If his percentage trends towards 35% then that’s likely the mean. If he goes to 40% the mean is likely closer to 37%. If he stays at 30%, then the mean is likely closer to to 32%.

You say it every time you post attacking his integrity and mental capacity. In any event, this team is going to go on a tear now, so you and your like will slink back into the weeds.
Let's get after it, I'm in.

He's a career 35%+ shooter. Remember what Bill Parcells said. That's a little bit better than mediocre. And Girard is woeful. Yet these guys have carte blanche to launch. And they both stink on the defensive end. It's blindingly obvious that Kadary needs more minutes.
What if that's the feckless old moron's plan, but he doesn't want to burn a freshman guy out in the first half of the season.

What if that's the feckless old moron's plan, but he doesn't want to burn a freshman guy out in the first half of the season.
Polly is the king of rationalization

I was on board with Kadary starting from the get go and I believe you could play all 3 guards around 25-30 minutes., but you are changing the narrative now. Girard is actually our best shooter in ACC play. He's at 43%. His numbers were so god awful in the OOC that his numbers look worse than they have been recently.

And we saw 2 years ago Buddy shot 40% in ACC play. So regression to the mean tells me that he's probably going to shoot better as the season goes on? This isn't the first season he's started shooting this bad. it seems to usually get better as the season goes on? I get this doesn't fpllow the board narrative , but 35% shooting from 3 for a Syracuse guard is very good considering the crappy shooting we have got from guards in the past. Frank Howard. Battle. Cooney. MCW etc.. JB just isn't a coach who's good at getting good lucks for shooters.

Let's get after it, I'm in.
That's whats made me up my game here on the board. That team just snuffed out 2 ACC opponents (VT#16) and look like they are ready to assert themselves.

I really am thinking about it. What I think is happening is that we are playing a higher percentage of teams that can play pressure defense. Plus, defenses are all over him like flies to honey. That could absolutely impact Buddy’s point total since he’s really a spot up shooter.

We’ll see how the rest of the season pans out. If his percentage trends towards 35% then that’s likely the mean. If he goes to 40% the mean is likely closer to 37%. If he stays at 30%, then the mean is likely closer to to 32%.

Then he would have shot worse in ACC play the past 2 seasons? Again I am not arguing he should play 40 minutes, but the argument has gone full blown the other way by some of you. ACC play for his career coming into this season he was 37%

Then he would have shot worse in ACC play the past 2 seasons? Again I am not arguing he should play 40 minutes, but the argument has gone full blown the other way by some of you. ACC play for his career coming into this season he was 37%

So if he’s a 37% shooter, then he’ll start shooting better for the rest of the season, yes? Let’s see what happens. I hope you are right.

Saving someone for the portion of the season that may or may not happen seems as foolish as running your 2 guard for 39 minutes in a blowout to get him extra court time.

Polly is the king of rationalization
Because you don't think the coaches we have who made huge amounts of money, spend all their time analyzing, discussing and planing every aspect of the team.

So if he’s a 37% shooter, then he’ll start shooting better for the rest of the season, yes? Let’s see what happens. I hope you are right.

Yes. I believe he will regress to the mean and shoot better the rest of the season. I don't get the takes where 10 games outweigh 65 others. Doesn't make sense to me.

I was on board with Kadary starting from the get go and I believe you could play all 3 guards around 25-30 minutes., but you are changing the narrative now. Girard is actually our best shooter in ACC play. He's at 43%. His numbers were so god awful in the OOC that his numbers look worse than they have been recently.

And we saw 2 years ago Buddy shot 40% in ACC play. So regression to the mean tells me that he's probably going to shoot better as the season goes on? This isn't the first season he's started shooting this bad. it seems to usually get better as the season goes on? I get this doesn't fpllow the board narrative , but 35% shooting from 3 for a Syracuse guard is very good considering the crappy shooting we have got from guards in the past. Frank Howard. Battle. Cooney. MCW etc.. JB just isn't a coach who's good at getting good lucks for shooters.
Good shooters would be good high volume shooters.

If Duncan Robinson shoots more than 8 3’s in any game I am okay if he goes 1 for 8 in that one game. He is an elite shooter. I know he is going to make north of 40%.

We have don’t have elite shooters.
We have a good shooters(AG, BB) who have green lights and take shots that they shouldn’t take but since they have green lights they are seen as good shots.

There is absolutely no reason that QG doesn’t lead the team in shots barring foul trouble but Wayne Newton has shown he can make 3’s.
Same for Robert Braswell.
They don’t even get a chance.
They are more athletic and can help the defense.

Good shooters would be good high volume shooters.

If Duncan Robinson shoots more than 8 3’s in any game I am okay if he goes 1 for 8 in that one game. He is an elite shooter. I know he is going to make north of 40%.

We have don’t have elite shooters.
We have a good shooters(AG, BB) who have green lights and take shots that they shouldn’t take but since they have green lights they are seen as good shots.

There is absolutely no reason that QG doesn’t lead the team in shots barring foul trouble.

I agree we don't have an elite shooter per se, but the only high volume guy we had that really shot a high percentage was Rautins. It tells me JB doesn't scheme looks well and he's also ok with terrible shot selection unlike a lot of coaches. If some of our guys just cut down on the bad looks they would help their percentage tremendously. I also agree Guerrier should be the focal point of the offense. I just chimed in to maybe get people to stop replying to Couscuse as they are just feeding him garbage. But I guess that's more than can be expected.

Yes. I believe he will regress to the mean and shoot better the rest of the season. I don't get the takes where 10 games outweigh 65 others. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think the biggest thing is that teams have realized that he can shoot if left open, so that aren’t leaving him open. It’s harder for him to get his shot. Sort of like a rookie who hits the out of fastballs until team’s realize he can’t hit a changeup. That’s why the stats aren’t so straight forward. But again, we’ll see how the rest of the year goes.

He's a career 35%+ shooter. Remember what Bill Parcells said. That's a little bit better than mediocre.
Shooting 35 percent from the three ... is the same as shooting 52.5 percent from the two. Think about it. Simple math.

I agree we don't have an elite shooter per se, but the only high volume guy we had that really shot a high percentage was Rautins. It tells me JB doesn't scheme looks well and he's also ok with terrible shot selection unlike a lot of coaches. If some of our guys just cut down on the bad looks they would help their percentage tremendously. I also agree Guerrier should be the focal point of the offense. I just chimed in to maybe get people to stop replying to Couscuse as they are just feeding him garbage. But I guess that's more than can be expected.
I don’t think Michael Gbinije’s last 2 seasons get enough credit.

He took about the shots Alan Griffin( less than BB takes) takes every game shot 51.7% from 2, shot 39% from 3, 4 APG, 4.5 RPG.

That is the type of player who doesn’t need to sit at all unless they need a rest or foul trouble.

That is the point. We didn’t have the players on the bench then we do now.

Wayne Newton, Robert Braswell don’t need starters minutes but if the incumbents are playing like they have been it’s not unreasonable to want to say they should play less and the bench get 5-10 MPG.

Because you don't think the coaches we have who made huge amounts of money, spend all their time analyzing, discussing and planing every aspect of the team.
This is an incomplete thought. Feel free to flesh our your rationalization a bit further so you actually make a point here Polly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom