K.J. Williams, Treevon Prater Fail to Qualify | Syracusefan.com

K.J. Williams, Treevon Prater Fail to Qualify

It's never really a good thing to miss out on a year of Div. I weight training, practice, and film study.

Fair enough. Meant more for the balancing of recruiting classes but you are correct. Hope they can both find a good prep school and make it to campus in January or worst case next summer.

images

Ugh. The article paints a nice a picture about the receiver situation but I was under the impression that Williams was supposed to be a serious impact freshman.

I wasn't aware Williams was close to non-qualifier.

Yikes.

Gotta wonder what happens long term. Also explains why we took a full class...

What was KJ talking about the other day when he tweeted about leaving home?

That sucks on KJ, Prater we all pretty much knew was coming. Hopefully they can be placed at Milford together and be able to enroll in January.

Thoughts? well we just picked up a 4 star recruit for the 2015 class.

Did we though? Can players reopen their recruitment if they don't make it here for fall 2014 or does the school still need to officially release them from their binding commitment?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...and_treevon_prater_fail_to_qualify_acade.html

No surprise on Prater - a little surprised on Williams but I think it might actually help in the long run if he comes in a year later. Thoughts?

KJ Williams was one of the top rated prospects in the class, at a key position of need. It's a loss for next year, as he was going to be in the mix to contend for PT.

Hope he eventually ends up here. Would prefer him to go prep to up his scores instead of going JUCO.

Did we though? Can players reopen their recruitment if they don't make it here for fall 2014 or does the school still need to officially release them from their binding commitment?

Yes, they are no longer bound. It differs from program to program how successful schools are in getting kids back. Sometimes you don't want them back.

Kind of depends on the situation. If the coaches knew he wasn't going to qualify, they might have made him a sign-and-place all along. Doesn't bind them to the school, but sometimes that increases your chance to land them later, if you work together with them on the whole situation, let them have their signing ceremony, and to help get them placed.

If he lied to the coaches, and this is catching the coaches completely by surprise, they may want nothing to do with him later.

There's just no telling what will happen.

Yes, they are no longer bound. It differs from program to program how successful schools are in getting kids back. Sometimes you don't want them back.

Kind of depends on the situation. If the coaches knew he wasn't going to qualify, they might have made him a sign-and-place all along. Doesn't bind them to the school, but sometimes that increases your chance to land them later, if you work together with them on the whole situation, let them have their signing ceremony, and to help get them placed.

If he lied to the coaches, and this is catching the coaches completely by surprise, they may want nothing to do with him later.

There's just no telling what will happen.

So far Shafer is 2 for 2 on standing by non-quals (Corey Cooper and Wayne Williams).

That sucks on KJ, Prater we all pretty much knew was coming. Hopefully they can be placed at Milford together and be able to enroll in January.

Hopefully they can both take the Prep route but I am not so sure that Milford would be the destination. Might end up at Jireh Prep, like Cooper.

KJ Williams was one of the top rated prospects in the class, at a key position of need. It's a loss for next year, as he was going to be in the mix to contend for PT.

Hope he eventually ends up here. Would prefer him to go prep to up his scores instead of going JUCO.

I think we have enough veteran returners at the position that it won't be an enormous loss. But that's just my opinion.

I share your sentiments though. Hope both make it here.

Hopefully they can both take the Prep route but I am not so sure that Milford would be the destination. Might end up at Jireh Prep, like Cooper.

I think Cooper going to Jireh was more of a function of it being close to Raleigh where he is from.

FYI - Cooper's old High School is stacked with talent this year. Probably 6-7 D1 kids on the roster. The high school team I coach will be playing them this year. Should be a fun game.

Bethlehem is a lot closer to Milford then it is to Matthews, NC.

Feel bad for KJ he will remain loyal to cuse actually might be the best for him long term as to playing this year i would bet that he would have RS.