Kadary Richmond | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givony currently has JJ Starling at 49.

While I'm thrilled Starling is on our team, pretty sure that ranking suggests that list doesnt mean squat.

Note: not debating the KR points. Just that the current mock drafts dont really mean much
Agree there. I‘d say he’s been disappointing over what we expected so far.

If we took count of the number of college guards who shot worse than kadary from the college line and became competent shooters in the NBA, it would be a lot
Shouldn't be hard for you to name 5 of them, then....

Shouldn't be hard for you to name 5 of them, then...
Just from the 2022 draft:
Jaden Ivey
Jalen Williams
Andrew Nembhard

Almost certainly more from that class alone but I don't care enough to confirm. I think that should speak for itself, though

You compared 2 future HOF'ers and another career 21ppg scorer to someone not even guaranteed to be drafted, but I'm the one being dramatic?

We have another thread comparing Benny Williams to Jerami Grant.
Time will tell. Time is on my side. By the way, 2 of my favorite songs. Will be fun to come back to this in a year or two.

Jaden Ivey
Jalen Williams
Andrew Nembhard

Almost certainly more from that class alone but I don't care enough to confirm. I think that should speak for itself, though

Ivey: 36% his last college year, 34% last year in the NBA

Williams: 40% his last college year, 36% last year in the NBA

Nembhard: 38% his last college year, 35% last year in the NBA.

Notably, volume matters. If I go down to the Y and hit my first 4 3-pointers and leave, I’m not a 100% 3-point shooter. These guys all shot more than Kadary does. He doesn’t even make 1 per game. Kind of like WR targets in football, 3PA is an ‘earned’ stat. Shooters shoot. Non-shooters don’t shoot. Kadary is in the ‘don’t shoot’ bucket.

Last edited:
Was Quincy limited here? His best college season was with us as a sophomore. He never developed much of an outside shot after leaving; his 2nd year at Oregon was okay behind the arc, which vanished at Illinois the following year. Driving to the basket was always his game and we let him do that, as I recall.

Lydon was playing out of position. Marek mostly played Forward, filling in at Center a little, but he was also highlighted as a big piece of the offense with his passing out of the middle of the defense when he was there. Marek was never an NBA prospect, though.

Maliq playing Center is a Red thing, is it not? I'm a little lost with Ajak and Sidibe. Are we talking development or recruiting? Nobody could/would have made those guys into NBA players.
Just responding to the scuttlebutt that Quincy left because he wanted to be more of a perimeter player, to showcase for the NBA, as he wasn't going to be big/strong enough/inclined to be a pro power forward as we was expected to be with us.

Marek, Sidibe, Ajak—
Marek played the "5" for us, though he would never have that role in his future. So, my perspective is that that was not putting him in the best position for success, either with us or in his future. Same with Sidibe—i saw some of his high school and all star clips and he was a mid range player. Had a sweet little jumper. But, we had to make him into a center, which i didn't think he was ever suited for. Same with JBA, who was a perimeter player in high school. Didn't even start for his high school team, but he got to Syracuse and the 'insider' talk was that he was immediately being "groomed" to play center. I though that was 'misuse.' Malik is another example, though he has shown no outside game, so i can't call it misuse. He's representing to us as someone who is only comfortable inside, but he's not a physical enough player to really be successful there or to have a pro career at 5.

Some of this is from 'reports,' some from my personal perspectives/opinions, some from fuzzy memory, so feel free to disregard it all!

Ivey: 36% his last college year, 34% last year in the NBA

Williams: 40% his last college year, 36% last year in the NBA

Nembhard: 38% his last college year, 35% last year in the NBA.

Notably, volume matters. If I go down to the Y and hit my first 4 3-pointers and leave, I’m not a 100% 3-point shooter. These guys all shot more than Kadary does. He doesn’t even make 1 per game. Kind of like WR targets in football, 3PA is an ‘earned’ stat. Shooters shoot. Non-shooters don’t shoot. Kadary is in the ‘don’t shoot’ bucket.
I've noted Kadary's low volume previously. I was referring to career numbers when listing those players, as I was with Kadary. Kadary shot over 40% from 3 last season, if you want to pick single season numbers and go off that.

We're talking about competency. Not excellence. I would agree Kadary is unlikely to become a high volume 3pt scorer. He doesn't need to be

People here are so weird about Kadary. It's laughable to think he's an NBA player. College seniors simply don't get drafted in the NBA and a guard who can't shoot is not going to be the one who bucks the trend.

I read on here that he'd be a lottery pick after his first or second year.
This board does that with everyone. What people are missing in this discussion is that Richmond is a senior. He's going to have to kill it to get a sniff at the NBA Draft.

I've noted Kadary's low volume previously. I was referring to career numbers when listing those players, as I was with Kadary. Kadary shot over 40% from 3 last season, if you want to pick single season numbers and go off that.

We're talking about competency. Not excellence. I would agree Kadary is unlikely to become a high volume 3pt scorer. He doesn't need to be

He needs to be more than a ‘we can’t leave him wide open’ kind of threat though. I think that’s what the rest of us are getting at, and that’s what he is right now. He shot 44% on practically no attempts. That’s what I was getting at with volume. Career numbers or last season numbers, all of those guys you listed are markedly better shooters than Kadary.

Jaden Ivey
Jalen Williams
Andrew Nembhard

2 of those players were lottery picks and the other was a first rounder. Do you really think that’s happening here?

Have you guys watched Kadary since his time at Syracuse? Honestly? To harp on his outside shooting as the reason he can't make the league is to ignore all the strengths of his game, of which there are many. He has an outstanding handle, he is a truly gifted passer, he is a huge strong bully guard who has his way around the rim and finishes through contact. He is an NBA talent, through and through. Let's please revisit this thread at a later date

Just responding to the scuttlebutt that Quincy left because he wanted to be more of a perimeter player, to showcase for the NBA, as he wasn't going to be big/strong enough/inclined to be a pro power forward as we was expected to be with us.

Marek, Sidibe, Ajak—
Marek played the "5" for us, though he would never have that role in his future. So, my perspective is that that was not putting him in the best position for success, either with us or in his future. Same with Sidibe—i saw some of his high school and all star clips and he was a mid range player. Had a sweet little jumper. But, we had to make him into a center, which i didn't think he was ever suited for. Same with JBA, who was a perimeter player in high school. Didn't even start for his high school team, but he got to Syracuse and the 'insider' talk was that he was immediately being "groomed" to play center. I though that was 'misuse.' Malik is another example, though he has shown no outside game, so i can't call it misuse. He's representing to us as someone who is only comfortable inside, but he's not a physical enough player to really be successful there or to have a pro career at 5.

Some of this is from 'reports,' some from my personal perspectives/opinions, some from fuzzy memory, so feel free to disregard it all!

These last few seasons have been a blur, so I could be getting some of this wrong, too.

Last edited:
2 of those players were lottery picks and the other was a first rounder. Do you really think that’s happening here?
That has absolutely nothing to do with the challenge that was proposed, but really good input from you. You consistently are proving your worth as a poster to me

Have you guys watched Kadary since his time at Syracuse? Honestly? To harp on his outside shooting as the reason he can't make the league is to ignore all the strengths of his game, of which there are many. He has an outstanding handle, he is a truly gifted passer, he is a huge strong bully guard who has his way around the rim and finishes through contact. He is an NBA talent, through and through. Let's please revisit this thread at a later date
In this mock draft, he is rated as the 150th top NBA prospect. The author says: He has big time ability but has yet to put it together.

That sums it up. He needs to stay healthy, show consistency and be a leader. You have to be one of the top 60 players to get drafted, so he has a lot to prove this season

He'll definitely get a chance at summer league but this is not a slam dunk. So just let us know when you want to revisit this.

In this mock draft, he is rated as the 150th top NBA prospect. The author says: He has big time ability but has yet to put it together.

That sums it up. He needs to stay healthy, show consistency and be a leader. You have to be one of the top 60 players to get drafted, so he has a lot to prove this season

He'll definitely get a chance at summer league but this is not a slam dunk. So just let us know when you want to revisit this.

You're basing your analysis of Kadary on another man's thoughts. I'm basing it on my eyeballs, so hearing where Kadary is projected by whatever guy holds no sway with me.

Based on what I've seen of Kadary, I absolutely believe he is an NBA player. I'm not saying anything about where the guy gets drafted. But I am quite confident that he will make a roster, and be a player. We shall see

This board does that with everyone. What people are missing in this discussion is that Richmond is a senior. He's going to have to kill it to get a sniff at the NBA Draft.
Someone posted I’d be a lottery pick.
Oh, wait, they meant I could pick 6 numbers. On a lottery ticket.

You're basing your analysis of Kadary on another man's thoughts. I'm basing it on my eyeballs, so hearing where Kadary is projected by whatever guy holds no sway with me.

Based on what I've seen of Kadary, I absolutely believe he is an NBA player. I'm not saying anything about where the guy gets drafted. But I am quite confident that he will make a roster, and be a player. We shall see
And I might have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but that doesn't mean that I am going to start operating on people.

Jaden Ivey
Jalen Williams
Andrew Nembhard

All three of your guys shot better their last year in college that they did in their full season in the NBA. Either you're cherry picking or you have no idea how to look things up. That hardly proves your theory. I'm done.

Attachments

• frankenstein.png
    frankenstein.png
    422.8 KB · Views: 25
All three of your guys shot better their last year in college that they did in their full season in the NBA. Either you're cherry picking or you have no idea how to look things up. That hardly proves your theory. I'm done.
Career numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors