Kadary transferring to Seton Hall | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary transferring to Seton Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why everything is so polarized with Kadary.

Is he a good player? - yes.

Would have have helped Syracuse next season? - yes.

Does it suck he left? - yes.

Is he as good as some seem to think he is on the board? - no.

Is this move lateral at best, doesn't make a ton of sense & quite possibly a poor choice for Kardary? - just might be?

Is it necessary to try & disparage Syracuse because the move to Seton Hall doesn't seem to vibe & you're having trouble processing it? - no.

Will Syracuse basketball be fine next season? - I think so, looking forward to watching & enjoying as a lifelong fan.

I just wonder, is this strange "what are we as a program/expectations/we aren't what we once were" conversations throughout the season actually hinder fans from enjoying the season? - that seems to be confirmed daily on the board
This is a good post...but think it’s fair to add

Is it necessary to disparage the transferring players to show some sort of weird loyalty to Boeheim? No. Keep it moving.

why? A freshmen with a bum knee that split time at pg is an irreplaceable player, but Williams has to be all acc to have a successful year

talk about inconsistent standards
Not sure what that has to do with my post, but sure.

2013 was a freakin nother lifetime ago. We were still in the Big East! What does that have to do with where we are as a program now?

I guess we could make the program sound great if we throw in stuff that happened a decade ago...when we actually were great.
and we would be again, if only we had a guard that UConn decided they didn't want a year ago and now goes to...drum roll ...The Hall. Where was Kentucky? Where was UNC? Where was Duke? the kid is a good player. can't shoot from the outside unless he is left completely alone, but a good player. And suddenly, it is the ruination of our program because he left. it isn't. I would rather have him than not have him. I like him more than Joe. But the guy that I admit knows more than me doesn't agree with that. And I believe we will have a good team next year.

Absolutely...I just think suggesting he wasn’t a major major part of our wins this year is...well, it’s coming from people that don’t understand basketball, but yeah. His loss is big. Guys who understand basketball that post on this board have all said as much.

NOT that he can’t be replaced. He just hasn’t yet not do I believe will be

I think we can be good with a different approach but without Kadary you lose the guy who can be Mitchell from Baylor for you ( not comparing ability directly).It's a guy when paired with what we will have next year who is someone very few other teams have.

Great choice for Kadary. He gets to play in the Big East conference against some very good competition. It's also very close to home for him. I think they've had some very good teams the last few years. Probably just below or at SU level...Good luck Kadary!

Our best PG on the team from this past year would rather go play for Seton Hall than Syracuse.

Nothing funny about that.
And Taurean was a leading scorer. Try and find him now.

Though fair or not he avoided competition at better schools it seems like and not everyone will ding him for that but there may be some who think he his competitive fire isn't there. I wish him well. Once Cuse, always Cuse.
My stance is he’s gone and it’s not worth me speaking my full opinion on the matter because in the end only JB, Kadary and a handful of other people know the full reason of why he transferred to Seton Hall. And no, I dont think it was necessarily tampering

Well, you care since you cheery [ick 4 games with one opponent and 6 games with another. We have done well against those teams.
Syracuse as an ACC program, which is what we are now, is .500 against both of them.

How is going with what we are now, cherry picking? We’re a middle of the pack ACC program that is somewhat dangerous in March if we get in.

This so called party that was thrown that got Woody mostly and others in trouble. I want to know who snitched. Hope it wasnt somebody on the team. Btw ridiculous to get into trouble for such thing. Idc if its during a pandemic and there might been some underage drinking happens all across the country.

Absolutely...I just think suggesting he wasn’t a major major part of our wins this year is...well, it’s coming from people that don’t understand basketball, but yeah. His loss is big. Guys who understand basketball that post on this board have all said as much.

NOT that he can’t be replaced. He just hasn’t yet nor do I believe will be
Do you believe that Jb knows basketball? Do you believe that you know more than he does about basketball? He chose Joe over Kadary. He must have a reason.

And Taurean was a leading scorer. Try and find him now.
Taurean was a leading scorer of what? He averaged like 9 ppg and was probably our 5th leading scorer.

This so called party that was thrown that got Woody mostly and others in trouble. I want to know who snitched. Hope it wasnt somebody on the team. Btw ridiculous to get into trouble for such thing. Idc if its during a pandemic and there might been some underage drinking happens all across the country.
I did. Now what?

I don't try to get into the heads of players and think they should have the autonomy to do what they want. On that score, I'm rooting for Kadary and all of the players who transfer.

For fans who think we should feel bad because they understand what makes a kid tick whom they've never met, yeah not buying it.

I think he's a hell of player and maybe we'll learn more about what makes him tick by following his career at a 2nd rate basketball tradition under a worse coach. It might be hard to tell though.

Do you believe that Jb knows basketball? Do you believe that you know more than he does about basketball? He chose Joe over Kadary. He must have a reason.

yep, he knows more than me I believe he does have a reason.

if I had to guess, I believe he knew Kadary wasn’t going to be on the team next year regardless of what he did.

Taurean was a leading scorer of what? He averaged like 9 ppg and was probably our 5th leading scorer.
In case you forgot Kadary averaged 6. Still looking for his name on the All ACC rookie team.

We are the better program historically and it’s not close.

We have become a dangerous postseason team but medicore regular season team.

Hall has been a slightly better than mediocre regular season and team that doesn’t win in the tournament.

The postseason runs are great but it doesn’t change we are a middle of the road regular season team now for 7 years.

The point is comparing our NCAA record 10 years ago is pretty irrelevant. Do a 10 year comp against Baylor.
so do you think Seton Hall is at the same level as Syracuse? if so is that based on regular season record since 2015?
Quick question team - just seeing this, are the 10 pages worth the read?
No, to summarize some posters are upset that Kadary didn't transfer to a better team. they are now shifting their argument to seton hall being just as good as Syracuse. this inane back and forth takes up 8 or so of the pages. the other couple pages wish him well

Syracuse as an ACC program, which is what we are now, is .500 against both of them.

How is going with what we are now, cherry picking? We’re a middle of the pack ACC program that is somewhat dangerous in March if we get in.
6 games wit one opponent as opposed to 4 games vs the other is cherry picking. You should have 6 games against both or 4 games against both. I don't care which. It reminds me of the last 7 years argument. Why 7 years and not 8? Or 6? Or 10? It's agenda filled. Let's see our the Orange do next year and let's see how the Hall and Kadary do next year. And winning in March is what matters. Ask the Zags today. Ask Baylor today. Lose early in the tournament and ask your fans how the season went and see their reaction. We all want to see us do better in the regular season. It's fun. But if I had to choose between winning in January and winning in March, the answer is March every time. I bet that is your answer as well.

and we would be again, if only we had a guard that UConn decided they didn't want a year ago and now goes to...drum roll ...The Hall. Where was Kentucky? Where was UNC? Where was Duke? the kid is a good player. can't shoot from the outside unless he is left completely alone, but a good player. And suddenly, it is the ruination of our program because he left. it isn't. I would rather have him than not have him. I like him more than Joe. But the guy that I admit knows more than me doesn't agree with that. And I believe we will have a good team next year.
“Good” as in top 25 and near the top of the ACC and a top 4-5 seed?

Or “good” as in winning record and bubble team?

I was thinking the former was in play once again, but Kadary leaving makes me worried it will be closer to the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom