Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas

I think the staff more or less told him he wasn't going to be used/wanted etc. Good luck to him.

Yeah....kids have their end of the season meeting with HCDB.....and then have to make up there mind about their future.

The biggest impact from this is that Hackett cannot take a RS his Fr year

...and didn't Baber's say that we're playing non scholarship players versus other teams scholarship players on special teams anyway....

If the staff wanted Moore to stay I'm guessing he wouldn't have left. Same with every other transfer. No one is leaving this team if they're wanted.

If the staff didn't want him, why did they apply for a hardship waiver for him?

Why not just let him be announced with the other players on Senior Day?

Doesn't he have to if it's Syracuse or another school?

Ya think captain obvious? (All in good fun) That leaves us with zero TE returning. We just need a starter! Lol. Still convinced the staff have driven most of these 5th year guys leaving
Its no doubt they were driven out. Thats not the issue. It doesn't change the fact that if guys go down with injuries we can be in trouble. The issue is the 2017 season and having enough guys to replace them if they got banged up. We are now in double digits with players leaving. You need bodies for specs, offensive and defensive packages and for back ups. Big reason why we collapsed in 2011. Not enough bodies and guys playing banged up.

Last edited:

Good point. :(

...and didn't Baber's say that we're playing non scholarship players versus other teams scholarship players on special teams anyway...
legit question. when we were good didn't we play many of our best players on st???i am not questioning babers, i just like having vg tight ends, when we used them for a receiving option as well. it seemed to work well for us. how many transfes is that and how does that equate to scholies available.

Its no doubt they were driven out. Thats not the issue. It doesn't change the fact that if guys go down with injuries we can be in trouble. The issue is the 2017 season and having enough guys to replace them if they got banged up. Were are now in double digits with players leaving. You need bodies for specs, offensive and defensive packages and for back ups. Big reason why we collapsed in 2011. Not enough bodies and guys playing banged up.
This is starting look like the end of marrone era where we lost a graduating class and then ran out 20+ guys (basically another graduating class, for mostly right reasons).

The problem as I co worker and I plotted out is that it takes multiple years to make that up via recruiting because of the yearly limits on how many you can bring in. We thought it would be 5 years until we got the depth we need. I think it was 4-ish years give or take but then a coaching change screwed that up.

The moral of the story is if we are going to run out players, we need coaching stability and a plan to bring in JUCO or grad transfers. I'm hoping we have both. time will tell.

Last edited:
Pickard?
Pickard was a 4 star TE when he was recruited. I am sure he would want the opportunity to go back to TE, but only on the basis that he would be targeted in the passing game. I am sure he wouldn't want to come in on running plays only. Since he has been a team player and switched over to DE at last minute because of depth, I would love to see him get his shot at TE. I think he and Pierce would be a good combo. I also don't much like all of the turnover. If it was year three it would be more practical since HCDB would be bringing in more of his players. Unless we get more JUCO or Graduate Transfers, I think it hurts us in the long run. Just my opinion.

Why not give him one more year somewhere?

I'm having a hard time believing that the staff would cut loose the only experienced TE on the roster. Maybe this was purely his decision?

Only thing I don't get about the new system. NFL is definitely utilizing TE's all over the place, and they all don't have to be Gronk to take advantage of the mismatch.

Only thing I don't get about the new system. NFL is definitely utilizing TE's all over the place, and they all don't have to be Gronk to take advantage of the mismatch.
spreading everyone far out with fast guys doesn't do much for NFL teams who are unwilling to run their expensive qbs in that open space in the middle so they get more out of the handful of power forwards who can block, run and catch.

in college, the benefits of spreading the field are greater because you aren't risking losing a decade of a great qb when they run and it's harder to recruit versatile TEs and it's even harder to find enough practice time to teach them

the coach has said he wants to use a TE, but you need one that can catch and run just a little. for as few times as we use a TE you can get a Oline dude to handle the blocking in the short yardage sets, maybe a Rb if we had one at 220 could handle some of the other sets too?

with our offense a TE is more likely blocking a DB/LB than a DE.

The old school view of the TE is what people need to get over. The CUSE te is going to block a little and split out a lot. If you want to work the middle of the field you use the running back or the slot receiver along with a te.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom