Kentucky now has the chemistry curse... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky now has the chemistry curse...

Kinda unrelated but this reminded me of how I laughed out loud when JB gave Gillon the instant hook from a turnover today with hand signals after the talk about how he his guards play are playing better from not having to look over their shoulder for getting pulled for any mistake. A leopard cant totally change his spots... but Gillon was back in there pretty quick with how bad FH is this year!
Yes. I was about to post in the game thread about how we had to 'suffer' through Howard minutes just because gillon made one bad pass, and then he was back in he game before I could hit Post Reply.

All I know is that the ACC is so brutal I expect the same type of NCAAT success this year that it had last year. The first couple rounds are probably easier than regular ACC play.
Should never have to play two straight games in ncaa against teams from your same conference imo

Should never have to play two straight games in ncaa against teams from your same conference imo

Shouldn't but the conference was too good. How many of the loses were to other ACC teams? 3 or 4 maybe more.

Yes. I was about to post in the game thread about how we had to 'suffer' through Howard minutes just because gillon made one bad pass, and then he was back in he game before I could hit Post Reply.

This seems to happen a decent amount... i'm not sure how much of a threat it is when they are back in at the first howard/whoever mistake or just cuz they are better... its just symbolic and a few minutes rest.

This was clearly posted before watching Baylor tonight...
I was saying it before tonight, have no idea how they got ranked the way they did.

EH!!!! The older upperclassmen players are just jealous the freshmen are getting all the attention,cash,better rides and the need not to go to class.What is their latest on campus non-participant driving today?

Cal will be screaming at them today saying " You are not listening to your Superior" at practice.

Kinda unrelated but this reminded me of how I laughed out loud when JB gave Gillon the instant hook from a turnover today with hand signals after the talk about how he his guards play are playing better from not having to look over their shoulder for getting pulled for any mistake. A leopard cant totally change his spots... but Gillon was back in there pretty quick with how bad FH is this year!

It was the AWFUL jump pass TO.
Could read JB's lips to Gillon - DON'T jump.
:bang:

One of the best things JB did in aught three was to sit Carmelo on a few occasions when he got too big for his britches.

Kentucky and Duke — both seem like cases where you have so much talent that you end up just mixing the players too much and balancing minutes too much. Players who are only there for the one year don't get enough time to develop as collegians and in that system. Like with us this year, we are seeing development in a few players after they became 'established' as the hard starters. I thought battle, for example, was going to need the summer to develop. He came on like a ton a bricks in the last couple of weeks. Kentucky needs to pick a five and get them to gel and have responsibility, and not be able to think 'the next guy can do it.'
Is UK really that talented? Fox is good and Monk can be great. Adebayo is good but is a traditional center as he can't step out and hit a jumper. Outside of those three, they are pretty mediocre. I don't think Briscoe is anything special and then you have guys like Willis and some role players.

I'll put Battle, White and Lydon up against Fox, Monk and Adebayo.

Louisville and West Virginia are the teams that worry me. Along with UNC
Very interested to see how we do against Louisville. I was also worried until Gillon figured out he can be good at this level and Battle found his groove.

They'll tire us out and force Howard into the game for a few minutes which is clearly a problem for us but I also could see us breaking the press and setting up a ton of wide open threes for our shooters.

Is UK really that talented? Fox is good and Monk can be great. Adebayo is good but is a traditional center as he can't step out and hit a jumper. Outside of those three, they are pretty mediocre. I don't think Briscoe is anything special and then you have guys like Willis and some role players.

I'll put Battle, White and Lydon up against Fox, Monk and Adebayo.

Remember in November when we (some of us, myself included) couldn't wait to face Kentucky in March, and then in December we mocked ourselves for such foolish thinking and then in February we said "bring on the Cats!"

What a roller coaster ride...things are so much more fun on the upswing!

Golden State, 1996 Chicago Bulls, The Monstars

#ACCbubbleteams

It was his only blow. Playing tired leads to mistakes. Would be a good question to ask JB; pull Gillon to teach him a lesson?, to prevent him from making another error?, punishment?, to talk to him?, to give him a rest?

I am not the best at what they call human intelligence but it seemed to me that during our lousy streak that JB had lost control of the team. Players were disrespectful, perhaps in revolt against the zone, etc? Another hypothesis is that the 5th year guys were most loyal to JB and the others might have resented their blind loyalty? And then there was the Howard issue and him starting despite it. Not sure these theories are correct but they crossed my mind.

I'm glad Kentucky has the chemistry curse...and that Calimari doesn't have an answer.

still nobody will want to face them as an 8 seed (coughwichitast.cough)

the committee purposely underseeded UK that year in an effort to take out Wichita and their mouthy coach.

You can only do so much with the bracket. Conference mates are avoided until the elite 8 (unless a conference has 9 or more teams).

You can only do so much with the bracket. Conference mates are avoided until the elite 8 (unless a conference has 9 or more teams).
Oh i agree. It is what it is. But what i would be for: Reseeding once the final four has been determined such that no conference teams can play ea other in the semifinals, if possible- ie if there are two teams from same conference like last year. Three teams from same conference (like the year Villanova first won in the 80s), obviously its all out the window. But they will never make that rule in my lifetime.

I personally would have rather seen a SU /Villanova matchup last yr than a SU / Unc matchup...

i remember all the kerfuffle back in 1996 when everybody was crying to reseed Kentucky/Umass : SU/Miss st. in the final 4.

They can't reseed because it would mess up the betting brackets.
Correct, but the other reality is vegas and the office pools would adjust. The same amount of $ would be wagered either way. But if it aint broke why fix it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom