Kentucky's Jones Flees scene of accident | Syracusefan.com

Kentucky's Jones Flees scene of accident

Votes: 3 60.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I wish my horse were as tall as yours.

I know ... this may just be me but I'm wondering... Apparently the car belonged to Poole ... an SUV. I wonder what year and model and how can he afford an SUV ... I can't

I know ... this may just be me but I'm wondering... Apparently the car belonged to Poole ... an SUV. I wonder what year and model and how can he afford an SUV ... I can't

That's only because you define "afford" as being able to make the payments and avoid having the thing repossessed as soon as the loan company catches up with you. Its not hard to get into a vehicle, so long as you don't want to stay in it for an extended period of time.

There is only one reason why I'm fleeing a scence at 2:30 in the AM. Drinking and driving

They were hit by a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the road.
"The occupants of the victims' vehicle were not charged with any wrongdoing. No evidence of drugs or alcohol was found.
Poole and the driver of the victims' vehicle were questioned at the scene and taken to the emergency room by ambulance. In fear of an altercation with the driver of the oncoming vehicle, Jones left the scene but was later questioned by police. He arrived at the hospital following questioning and was treated with minor injuries. Both players have since been released from the hospital."

Some people here love to jump all over kids, just because they go to Kentucky or some other successful basketball school. Relax and stop jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes. I won't even comment on the stupid questions about where he got a car.

I simply stated that the only thing I would flee for is DUI. I have no idea why he bolted but I believe it to be be a resonable assumption at that hour. I could careless if he goes to Kentucky or Western Kentucky for that matter. Given what little information is out there I think it is fair to believe he might have been drinking.

They were hit by a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the road.
"The occupants of the victims' vehicle were not charged with any wrongdoing. No evidence of drugs or alcohol was found.
Poole and the driver of the victims' vehicle were questioned at the scene and taken to the emergency room by ambulance. In fear of an altercation with the driver of the oncoming vehicle, Jones left the scene but was later questioned by police. He arrived at the hospital following questioning and was treated with minor injuries. Both players have since been released from the hospital."

Some people here love to jump all over kids, just because they go to Kentucky or some other successful basketball school. Relax and stop jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes. I won't even comment on the stupid questions about where he got a car.

Honestly, if someone told me any person fled the scene of an accident at 2:30am, I'm going to assume that person was either drunk or removing something from the car that was hit to avoid anyone finding it.

Unless they knew the other driver was drunk because they already confronted him (which i'm assuming is the case since i haven't read anything about this) I don't think anyone's natural reaction is to flee to avoid a fight.

Duh ... I wasn't making any insinuation relative to how or where he got the car ... I was making an observation. Methinks you read too much into posts. And I, too, am wondering why he ran. It was obviously determined not their fault. And before I'm accused of making another insinuation ... sometimes people just panic after an accident whether they're at fault or not ... plus weren't they out after curfew or did Calapari impose a curfew after the accident? (That was neither an insinuation nor a suggestion of anything but rather a simple question)

It seems obvious that fleeing the scene of an accident at 2:30 in the morning likely involves more than, "avoiding an altercation with the driver of the oncoming vehicle"- that doesn't even pass the laugh test.
This is Terrence Jones- 6'8 PF & he leaves the scene of an accident with injuries, because he doesn't wanna fight? Really?
Short of the other guy brandishing a weapon, why wouldn't he wait & keep an eye on his buddy who was also injured?
Its not speculation to ask, it'd be naive NOT to.

Maybe I'm being over-sensitive, or naive. I just don't think there's anything to this story besides two (or three?) kids getting cranked by a drunk driver. They could have been killed, and there's no evidence that they did anything wrong. It's really a non-story except for the fact that they were lucky to only suffer minor injuries and now UK has a curfew. I'm not reading into it any more than that.

Like Calapari would actually bench Jones? I understand his concern though ... many things I did and ran b/c I hoped my father would never find out ... he usually did 90%of the time.

A little information on the accident

Sources say Jones was found at a location along Alexandria Drive and was "slightly under the influence with alcohol." Jones indicated he left the scene, "hoping that Coach Calipari would not find out."

http://www.lex18.com/news/questions-remain-about-crash-involving-uk-players

Now, this makes a little more sense.
I don't blame the kid for running- we've all done stupid things at one time or another.
Good thing Poole kept his head & stayed or that would've been a driver fleeing the scene of an accident.
Just another example, & I'm certainly not equating this to the PSU tragedy, of the cover-up making things worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom