Kevin Durant | Syracusefan.com

Kevin Durant

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
An all class superstar. MVP.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

23 years old......

He will be in G.O.A.T. territory when all is said and done.

Nah Lebron's the MVP. Durant's pretty, pretty good though.

He went the full 48 last night. Pretty incredible performance. (Though I thought OKC got some favorable whistles there down the stretch)

He went the full 48 last night. Pretty incredible performance. (Though I thought OKC got some favorable whistles there down the stretch)
I was rooting for OKC but I could have done without some of those calls.

If Miami were getting those calls, twitter would have broken last night.

Funny, after losing 4 straight, no one is lauding Popovich and his tactical coaching against the Thunder anymore. The media hopped off that track in a hot minute.

Durant hugging his mom during the game was iconic. Hard to root against a team with Durant and Fisher.

If Miami were getting those calls, twitter would have broken last night.

Do agree with this.

Hard to root against a team with Durant and Fisher.

Ahhh, I hate Fisher! Dude is so annoying. Made some big shots last night though. Got no problem with Durant.

Did anyone see that some Knicks fan was calling Amare out for going to the Heat game on Tuesday? Little perspective dude. Not a big deal.

Did anyone see that some Knicks fan was calling Amare out for going to the Heat game on Tuesday? Little perspective dude. Not a big deal.
I dont care at all that Amare went to the Heat game...I just wish he would stay there.

An all class superstar. MVP.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And a very nice and smart guy as well. I have been fortunate to spend a little time with him. Really good person. And interestingly, inquisitive.

44cuse

Kevin Durant is the Good Guy Greg of the NBA..

2xym.jpg

The way these playoffs have gone it really looks like the torch has officially been passed in the West.

The way these playoffs have gone it really looks like the torch has officially been passed in the West.

Yeah, i read that in the last 14 years only 3 teams in the west made the finals; Dallas, Lakers, Spurs. OKC beat all 3.

Yeah, i read that in the last 14 years only 3 teams in the west made the finals; Dallas, Lakers, Spurs. OKC beat all 3.
Plus, Duncan, Kobe and Nowitzki are all on the downside of their careers.

Tonight will make the first time ever that two teams in conf finals started down 0-2 and came back to win 4 in a row to close.

Plus, Duncan, Kobe and Nowitzki are all on the downside of their careers.

You will almost always look stupid if you say something like 'pencil the thunder in for the next 3 or 4 nba finals", but, pencil the thunder in the for the next 3 or 4 nba finals

Unless the Lakers get Dwight... that would be the only way they don't make the next 3 NBA Finals.

I would take KD over Lebron any day of the week I tried to reply on the old thread when everyone had a man crush on Lebron but it wouldn't let me. To say Lebron is the MVP is a complete joke numbers aren't as important as playing to win in the system your in.

I would take KD over Lebron any day of the week I tried to reply on the old thread when everyone had a man crush on Lebron but it wouldn't let me. To say Lebron is the MVP is a complete joke numbers aren't as important as playing to win in the system your in.

If you want to take KD over LeBron...no issue with that. But your MVP comment is off base (at least for this season).

LeBron averaged: 27 pts, 8 rebs, 6 assists, 1.9 steals and shot 53% from the field.

That's the second best complete season in the NBA since Jordan in 88-89.

KD was also exceptional: 28 pts, 8 rebs, 4 assists, 1.3 steals and shot 49% from the field.

The Thunder had one more win than the Heat and LeBron was 9-1 without Wade (who some here maintain is actually the best player/1st fiddle on the Heat). So by that logic, the Heat played 10 games without their #1 star in Wade and they were 9-1.

On top of that, LeBron was 1st Team All-Defensive Team (and the top vote getter) and Durant did not even receive a vote.

So while it's definitely really close #'s wise, there are other parts to his game that make LeBron a better player right now. That could obviously change and Durant is _awesome_. But LeBron was the MVP this season.

44cuse

I don't think there is any question Lebron was better this year. He shot 53% from the field! And he's an awesome defender. Durant is a great player though. That team is so young its unbelievable.

Someone pointed this out on another board; a lot of people thought when the Heat came together they'd basically make a mockery of competitive balance. Say what you want, but that has definitely not happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom