Kharma’s a B!!@h for Seminoles | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kharma’s a B!!@h for Seminoles

I got laughed out of the Mullen thread for suggesting FSU Clemson UNC Miami etc would be leaving in a few years. Who’s laughing now

Whoever laughed you out for that is silly

I’ve been told it’s not a matter of “if” it’s a matter of “when”

That’s why we added SMU and Cal because when Clemson and FSU leave they can’t stop the $$$$ in the media rights deal

So if they were in the SEC they would have been out too??

No way, as conference champs they would have been in

They’re only painting it this way in the media
No because they would have to have beaten UGA or Bama … possibly both but to run the table in the SEC they would have to beat at least 1 SEC heavyweight. The only reason Louisville was in a championship game was because the conf in general sucks … do you honestly think Louisville was a fringe top 10 team … honestly?

F acc I’m ready for what’s next. A football league of cuse bc Pitt army temple UConn maybe umass works for me
1701647771023.gif

Pretty sure they were left out because with their QB situation they will get destroyed in the playoffs. If they still had QB1 they would be in the playoffs.
True, but this goes against the committee's stated objectives. That all said, I too will happily hold the door open for them. Yes, they've got a lot of good history in the ACC, but the last several years they've been nothing but a drain on the conference (in terms of on-field performance). They should shut up and get back to winning on a consistent basis before throwing their weight around like they did. Screw 'em.

Last edited:
I
Pretty sure they were left out because with their QB situation they will get destroyed in the playoffs. If they still had QB1 they would be in the playoffs.
I find it hard to believe that the SEC would have been shut out.

Thank goodness we are moving to
12 teams and will never have to deal
With this crap again. Also teams like
Su will actually be given a shot to play for something.

It is about crowning a national champion. FSU had 0% chance at winning without their QB. So put in someone that has a chance?

Sticking FSU in there to lose by 50 to UM or UGA doesn't help the perception of the ACC. Yes the conference is losing some money but FSU getting embarrassed is the alternative.
I agree that UGA and Alabama are the better teams right now, but whether FSU would get blown out or not is irrelevant. They earned the right to be there,

I agree that UGA and Alabama are the better teams right now, but whether FSU would get blown out or not is irrelevant. They earned the right to be there,
I personally agree with you. Just saying it's likely how the committee handled it.

I personally agree with you. Just saying it's likely how the committee handled it.
Yeah I’m sure that was their reasoning.

I mean let’s be frank here - it’s all about $$$$. And no one can tell me the committee doesn’t take into account how attractive the matchups are to a national audience especially after TCU being in.

They are now the rich drunken uncle of the conference nobody likes at holidays who can’t stop talking about politics.
Exactly.
Who's naive enough to believe they would've stayed even if they'd gotten in the CFP?
They've made it abundantly clear they're looking for a life raft.
The whole "this looks bad for the ACC" narrative, means very little in the long run. That ship has sailed.

No because they would have to have beaten UGA or Bama … possibly both but to run the table in the SEC they would have to beat at least 1 SEC heavyweight. The only reason Louisville was in a championship game was because the conf in general sucks … do you honestly think Louisville was a fringe top 10 team … honestly?

But the best out of conference win for the entire SEC was…….

Louisville

So do we know the SEC is good? Or is it because ESPN tells us they are?

But the best out of conference win for the entire SEC was…….

Louisville

So do we know the SEC is good? Or is it because ESPN tells us they are?
Helps they win the playoffs nearly every year and put more players in the league than anyone .. but you’re right they suck.

So if they were in the SEC they would have been out too??

No way, as conference champs they would have been in

They’re only painting it this way in the media
JR if this is the case, and I believe it is, more reason to like that FSU got screwed. They are leaving anyway and couldn’t care less about helping the ACC. I doubt had they made it in, that would help SU long term. We still need to get relevant and fast. Hope HCFB can do it

Thank goodness we are moving to
12 teams and will never have to deal
With this crap again. Also teams like
Su will actually be given a shot to play for something.
But they will. They're still going to take an SEC team over an ACC team, even if it’s for the 12th spot.

And if FSU and the other actual football schools leave, the view of the ACC by the committee will diminish even further.

But they will. They're still going to take an SEC team over an ACC team, even if it’s for the 12th spot.

And if FSU and the other actual football schools leave, the view of the ACC by the committee will diminish even further.
Turn off the noise and just focus on us. If su actually invests again and takes football seriously we could easily be a power in the north east again.