Kick$ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kick$

I will be updating my post with pics of my geriatric “kicks” shortly.

View attachment 236504

About 20 years ago I pretty badly injured my back, and while recovering I bought a pair of Velcro sneakers to wear - I couldn’t bend to tie shoes but could use a little grabber tool on the Velcro.

Pretty much anyone I knew figured out why I was wearing them, so I didn’t get any grief. But it was a sad day for me when I knew I was well enough I couldn’t wear those anymore, because they were the most comfortable sneakers I ever worn.

I look forward to the day I can wear Velcro sneakers again without shame. Being 83 is going to be AWESOME.

I think Yeezy's are the ugliest sneakers ever made but kids love them.

giphy.gif

About 20 years ago I pretty badly injured my back, and while recovering I bought a pair of Velcro sneakers to wear - I couldn’t bend to tie shoes but could use a little grabber tool on the Velcro.

Pretty much anyone I knew figured out why I was wearing them, so I didn’t get any grief. But it was a sad day for me when I knew I was well enough I couldn’t wear those anymore, because they were the most comfortable sneakers I ever worn.

I look forward to the day I can wear Velcro sneakers again without shame. Being 83 is going to be AWESOME.

skechers slip ins are the closest thing to velcros

Is 83 the age Velcro becomes socially acceptable? I was kind of hoping it was 65.

Got a pair of Sketcher slip ons for Christmas that I am really loving. I think I will be rocking slip ons for the foreseeable future.

Pretty sure this closes the book on me ever signing a 4 or 5 star football recruits.

I can live with that. ;)

Just be glad he wasn't wearing these

Not sure what it is like in Syracuse but at a lot of places with Div 1 football programs head coaches are the continuous recipients of gifts. When they do spend their own money, the more expensive items are typically heavily discounted...It is good to be the king!

I know everyone are not sneaker heads but the kids these days spend major doe on kicks. A millionaire spending a G is not that bad.
These young men and their shoe obsession. What have we turned into?

These young men and their shoe obsession. What have we turned into?

Cars were the status symbol when I was in my 20s. What we’ve turned into is a country where 20 year olds struggle to pay their rent, so putting a lot of money into a car isn’t possible - footwear is the new status symbol.

Saying this without a hint of irony lol.

We're all posting on a message board about 18-22 year olds that play football.
Hey I’m not the one stalking their X and tik tok accounts.

Are Nike Go FlyEase acceptable to wear in public? Or are they equally socially unacceptable as Velcro sneakers?

Are Nike Go FlyEase acceptable to wear in public? Or are they equally socially unacceptable as Velcro sneakers?
Hahaha I had two pairs and loved them. I’m 52 so I figured I was mixing hip Nikes with old man convenience

This board is showing its age.

Mike McDaniel was wearing $3,000 sneakers earlier this season.
It usually does.
Like people weren't paying unreasonable amounts for Jordan's in the 90s. foh.

I recently purchased a slip on/laceless pair of Adidas.
Life.
Changing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom