Kickoff times for Colgate / Louisville / USF | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kickoff times for Colgate / Louisville / USF

I'm a little shocked at the lack of anger at getting relegated to freakin' ESPN3 for the USF game.

As an out of state STH I hate Friday night games! To have 2 in back to back weekends is a sucky way to start the season. As long as there is parking available, the 8:00 game is at least a possibility. I just wanted to bytch to balance all of the glad tidings! I do like the Saturday 3:30 game, though. :D

South Florida game time is fantastic, can't remember the last time we got a 3:30 game this early in the year, outstanding. First world problems but I wish SU would have left that Colgate game as a Saturday night game, we hardly get any of those I don't understand the need to move it to Friday. Now that they did move it, would have loved an 8 or 9pm kick. All and all a great 3 game start, hope the 1230 starts dont' comeback with a vengeance later in the season.

I think the university's thinking is that a Friday game on a holiday weekend will be better attended than a Saturday game that breaks up the weekend. Playing on friday means a fan can still have 3 days of camping, traveling, the lake, or more college football;)

I think the university's thinking is that a Friday game on a holiday weekend will be better attended than a Saturday game that breaks up the weekend. Playing on friday means a fan can still have 3 days of camping, traveling, the lake, or more college football;)

I certainly get that argument and I am sure it holds merit but my thinking also for the non diehard (we would be there if the game as at 10am or 1130pm) a FRI night game on a holiday weekend can be difficult to get to. If your someone who doesn't get our of work till say 5 or 530 you have to rush home and then get up to the Dome dealing with holiday, fair, and SU traffic. I think if your going to do a Fri night game go with an 8 or 9pm start. A little late but allows you to capture that casual fan who maybe on the fence.

Czar said:
I'm a little shocked at the lack of anger at getting relegated to freakin' ESPN3 for the USF game.

Yeah, that caught me eye as well.

Most diehards have access to ESPN3 -- or will go the extra mile to find it -- but your average football fan isn't watching that game.

I don't think I've ever complained about a start time or the network the game is on. If this was 20 years ago, SU-USF would likely not be televised at all. So I'm cool with whatever I get.

Great starting times for the first 3 games, but attendance is going to take a hit for one of the first five games.

A lot of SU fans in Syracuse, NY metro area and nearby will likely pass on a few of the games because they're all in succession.

Too bad they're not spread out a little more.

Great starting times for the first 3 games, but attendance is going to take a hit for one of the first five games.

A lot of SU fans in Syracuse, NY metro area and nearby will likely pass on a few of the games because they're all in succession.

I don't think having a lot of home games earlier in the year is all that rare, right? And not just for SU, but for most P5 programs.

Actually the campers will love this...they can do the Friday night games and head to camp early Sat am...Skip going to camp for USF and close camp UConn or MetLife weekend.

I'll be in Alexandria Bay camping Labor Day weekend for Blues In the Bay festivities. BUT, Cuse is only 1.5 hours from there so I am in for Colgate. Louisville is a great start time for me, so no prob there. And the USF start time couldn't be better! To top it off, OO Jr. Is taking his vacation home from Charleston around all these games, so he gets to see 3 homers! As much as I hate Friday night games, all three of these are right in my wheelhouse. Couldnt be better! Bring it on!!

Really? What has succession have to do with it? Sorry, just don't get it. I would love to be able to go to 11 or 12 games in succession--even with a bye week or two thrown in.

I'll be in Alexandria Bay camping Labor Day weekend for Blues In the Bay festivities. BUT, Cuse is only 1.5 hours from there so I am in for Colgate. Louisville is a great start time for me, so no prob there. And the USF start time couldn't be better! To top it off, OO Jr. Is taking his vacation home from Charleston around all these games, so he gets to see 3 homers! As much as I hate Friday night games, all three of these are right in my wheelhouse. Couldnt be better! Bring it on!!

Great to hear! I love A-Bay!! Spent years up there at the pirates festival in August! Beautiful area.

cuseguy said:
Yes and no. If I do Louisville, as planned, I'd then have South Florida, at UConn and ND at Met Life. Something has to give.

I'll be up there for Louisville.

I won't be up there for USF.

There's your answer.

(One way or another).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online