Kid just sent me a funny note | Syracusefan.com

Kid just sent me a funny note

Anytime someone brings up that game, I immediately think of the Kirby Dar Dar kickoff return. As Scooch mentioned, one of the best Dome games -- probably cracks my own top-4 after West Virginia and Penn State in 1987, and Nebraska in '84.

Qadry in a half sprint closing on Dar Dar in the final 25 yards.

Um, we had speeeeed on those teams.

Never ever ever felt there was a team we couldn’t beat at home from 87-98.

Sigh….

Dar Dar was FAST.

And Qadry caught up to him on the play with seemingly minimal effort -- with both arms upraised [not optimal for sprinting].

Impressive.

Qadry in a half sprint closing on Dar Dar in the final 25 yards.

Um, we had speeeeed on those teams.

Never ever ever felt there was a team we couldn’t beat at home from 87-98.

Sigh….
Yep, those teams had “stacked” rosters

This year is an improved roster that doesn’t have the amount of top end talent the team had back then

UFla is playing its first out of state non conference game since 9/21/91

I wonder what happened on that date?
I was the most popular man in Gatlinburg, TN that day. Walking around the streets of Gatlinburg wearing my Cuse gear it seemed every person I passed congratulated me or high fived me with some colorful comments about the Gators.

UFla is playing its first out of state non conference game since 9/21/91

I wonder what happened on that date?
SEC teams really get away with a lot with the OOC scheduling.

One wonders how things would look if they scheduled OOC like other conferences do.

No question, there is more talent there than any other conference. But there are so few OOC games with SEC schools played outside the South.

It is a shame and it makes the game of college football less interesting.

SEC teams really get away with a lot with the OOC scheduling.

One wonders how things would look if they scheduled OOC like other conferences do.

No question, there is more talent there than any other conference. But there are so few OOC games with SEC schools played outside the South.

It is a shame and it makes the game of college football less interesting.
I hate to defend Florida, but they do play FSU every single season. And they have scheduled a handful of home-and-homes with Miami over the years, as well. But I agree it's nice to see them finally venture out of their state.

Yep, those teams had “stacked” rosters

This year is an improved roster that doesn’t have the amount of top end talent the team had back then

Those teams back then had some elite talent. Top end, they were better.

But behind those elite guys, there was a dropoff.

1 though 85, I think quality has improved. But we just don't have many of those top end guys anymore [I would contend that OG and Shrader qualify -- maybe Wax / Clark].

I hate to defend Florida, but they do play FSU every single season. And they have scheduled a handful of home-and-homes with Miami over the years, as well. But I agree it's nice to see them finally venture out of their state.
Played against David Walker in High School. Simply put was a man. Tough. Never went down on first hit. That SU team was fun to watch.

Replying to this thread simply to show off the ticket stub.
I have the wvu one. Was a JR at IC and invited a couple bandwagon gator fans to my apt to watch. They were gone by halftime!

Those teams back then had some elite talent. Top end, they were better.

But behind those elite guys, there was a dropoff.

1 though 85, I think quality has improved. But we just don't have many of those top end guys anymore [I would contend that OG and Shrader qualify -- maybe Wax / Clark].
Memory lane ... Graves, Gedney, Walker, Ishmail/Hill, Rooks, tackle by "Brad Culpepper". And of course the vaunted Triple-O!

This was in the days before P shut down access to practice. The kickoff return wasn’t a surprise

The way Marvin threw the first td was a thing of beauty, exploded out of his hand. I think it went to Ferrell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom