Kinda Strange | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kinda Strange

Turns out we can win games in this league and have a couple very marketable players. Maybe some of those replays will turn our way now.
I guess there’s always that hope , just give us a break or two down the stretch, we might need it to get to a bowl.

At least the football gods were with us. After that VT trap catch, they went 3 and out while we picked up the 4th down after our BS catch call.

At least we didn't have the crew that flagged the Iowa State WR for unsportsmanlike conduct on his TD run. Worst call I have ever seen.

Watching the game again, the ruling on the field being overturned on VTechs second drive was ridiculous. Even the commentators were surprised. No way did the receiver have full control of the ball.
I was okay with that play being overturned, not egregious, but still thought there wasn't overwhelming evidence to overturn. The moment that was total BS was when they overturned the Queely catch, what a terrible overturn.

That player had stepped of the field of play was at that point not an eligible receiver. I did see that.
yup so then the question becomes since the ball was in the air you cant get a PI on an ineligible WR. But was he forced out or went out on his own. There is so much PI on those plays you could call it on both teams almost every time.

Our boys showed so much grit coming back from that game. Between VTech driving on the first two drives and all of the bad calls, our team showed perseverance.

who gets screwed on the calls when we play BC this weekend? 2 Yankees teams - do they figure out a way to screw us both?

prob will call late whistles so someone gets hurt

You can't come back on the field to catch a pass, so he can hold him with no penalty.
Yeah, I didn’t initially see how they ended up out of the end zone.

Also seemed like it took an eternity for that ball to hit the ground.

That pass interference on the second to last play if the game against Chestnut was ridiculous too. The refs did all they could to try and help out the southern home team.

Yeah, I didn’t initially see how they ended up out of the end zone.

Also seemed like it took an eternity for that ball to hit the ground.
Yeah. It looked like one of our guys tried to catch it instead of knocking it down and a VPI guy swiped it out of his hands up into the air.

Yeah. It looked like one of our guys tried to catch it instead of knocking it down and a VPI guy swiped it out of his hands up into the air.
I was holding my breath on that jump ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom