Kinder at WR today | Syracusefan.com

Kinder at WR today

Gotta wonder if he can run routes and catch. Time will tell but maybe they throw him in the H-back role

Oh the possibilities this has. If we have QB, Broyld, and Kinder on the field we could pass from WR screens or end arounds.

Good move. He's a great athlete, and while I like our WRs they're fairly unproven, can't hurt to add another potentially dynamic guy there.

That's good. We were looking pretty slim numbers wise at WR.

:deadpan:

Oh the possibilities this has. If we have QB, Broyld, and Kinder on the field we could pass from WR screens or end arounds.

Not only that but QB's know how routes should be run kinda like insider trading only legal LOL. Think Kevin Mason the only problem is we have a fully stocked wr corps now so reps could be an issue

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia3m
I have further news on Kinder's move to WR from Scott Shafer via Sue Edson of SU athletic communications. "John is a good athlete who knows the offense and asked for the opportunity to get reps at WR and I said yes." -Shafer.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia2m
I think it's a smart play by Kinder. He wasn't going to win the job. Just didn't have arm strength or accuracy. Gives him chance to play

lets get all the athletes we can field time- and find the ones who step it up a notch

Good move. He's a great athlete, and while I like our WRs they're fairly unproven, can't hurt to add another potentially dynamic guy there.
I know he's fast and athletic for a quarterback, but how does his speed and cutting ability match up with the WRs?

Was going to say we can now run the Annexation of Puerto Rico, but that's just a fumblerooski (and now an illegal play). Wish I had a pizza box handy to draw up a triple reverse/double-throwback play.

I watched John Kinder play a few times his senior at Lawrence in Long Island. Never really looked like a strong passer. I thought he would be moved to safety honestly. Good for him to initiate the change. He's hungry, SU needs everybody to be hungry.

what it really means is that it opens him up to be a special teams player and it never hurts to have more athletic guys to put on the field. this lets the Fr QB be the scout team qb and get more reps as well

Not only that but QB's know how routes should be run kinda like insider trading only legal LOL. Think Kevin Mason the only problem is we have a fully stocked wr corps now so reps could be an issue

Malik Campbell?

Who was the last QB to make an impact at another position, Joe Fields? Catalina (because of injury) and Robinson obviously did not.

Kevin Johnson parlayed it into a NFL career. Can't think of anyone else who had similar success.

I watched John Kinder play a few times his senior at Lawrence in Long Island. Never really looked like a strong passer. I thought he would be moved to safety honestly. Good for him to initiate the change. He's hungry, SU needs everybody to be hungry.
I could tell during that HS all star game on the Island he wasn't the future at QB. Reminded me more of Tim Wilson/Doug Womack than Marvin Graves.

Who was the last QB to make an impact at another position, Joe Fields? Catalina (because of injury) and Robinson obviously did not.

A couple years ago I saw some team with a special package where they snapped the ball directly to a wide receiver who ran straight up the middle behind a batteringram blob of a line.

That Wide Receiver created his own form of offense... and it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom