Knicks Win Division !!! | Syracusefan.com

Knicks Win Division !!!

Man, it's really been THAT long? Yeah, I just looked, 1994... Man that was the classic lineup with Starks, and the only decent commentator in the CBS studio, Greg Anthony, along with the type of bruising players many posters on here complain about: Ewing, Oakley, and Anthony Mason, etc...who were 1 game away vs Houston. A year after The Dunk(tm) by Starks over Jordan and Jerami's uncle Horace, in the playoffs no less. ****ing A. There were no cell phone covers back then unfortunately!

(if you google the dunk, the first youtube video to come up. here is a clearer version )

That was one heck of a TEAM, and a great playoff rivalry. You can tell that core unit loved playing together, and they were fun to watch, and not just for the offensive minded types we have complaining about low scores in college hoops today(sorry guys).

I am happy for this year's team, and if they have half the heart of that team, they will do well vs the rest of today's NBA in the playoffs. When I heard Marv Albert doing NCAA games this year, I kept having flashbacks to my favorite call of his, "Starks for 3...YES!!!!"

The Knicks haven't had much luck. They probably could have had at least 5 titles over the years except that there always appears to be a superstar in their way who they can't get past when they have good teams. How many titles would they have won if no MJ ??? Olajuan cost them one title.

This year, odds are they won't get past LeBron,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

May be the Knicks last chance for a while as the Raptors are now building a powerhouse under the brilliant mind of Bryan Colangelo.

Andrea Bargnani just gave the league a chance this year. It will only be his 8th year in the league, so he's still learning and growing.

Ya the Knicks winning the Division has as much meaning as the Clippers winning thier first Division title...ever. Who the hell cares about divisions anymore... The ONLY thing winning your division means is that you had the best record out of that group of NBA teams.

At least in other sports winning your division is an auto-birth into the post-season.

winning the division automatically puts you in the playoffs as well, as far as I know. Guarnateed to be in the top 5, i believe

So home-court advantage if you win your division? That's something to shoot for.

So home-court advantage if you win your division? That's something to shoot for.

it's a little complicated, but i believe the answer is not always. You can't slide below the 4-5 series if you win the division, but if you play someone in round 1 who has abetter record you don't get home court. (this could happen to the Clippers this year)

it's a little complicated, but i believe the answer is not always. You can't slide below the 4-5 series if you win the division, but if you play someone in round 1 who has abetter record you don't get home court. (this could happen to the Clippers this year)

Ok, so now I'm back to winning your division really doesn't have any meaning?

Ok, so now I'm back to winning your division really doesn't have any meaning?

If you win your division with the 6th best record in the conference, you get to play the team with the 4th best record instead of third. They have since tweaked the rule a bit, but the only time I can recall this having a big impact on seedings was when the Nuggets won the division at 44-38 in 2005-06 and got to play the 47-win Clippers in the first round instead of the 60-win Mavs.

I guess it's kinda like winning a regular season conference championship in college hoops. It's probably more meaningful to the players than the fans. It may give the players some bragging rights over the guys on the teams that they play most frequently.

If nothing else though, as a probable 2 seed they should have home court advantage until they (potentially) face Miami. Not too shabby compared to what they've had for about the last 20 years?

Newmexicuse brings up a good point. The Knicks have had some good teams stopped by 1 great player or team in their way. Back in the day, they had a number of great teams stopped by other great teams/players(Bulls, Reggie Miller, Olajuan). Often the battles were epic, going to the final game of the series, much the same way SU's last game came down to the final possession. Everything was in tune and ready to go, but like at the end of Dark Side of the Moon, all of those things that were right were Eclipsed by one monkeywrench. Painful.

I wonder if this team could take the Heat to a game 7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom