Konrads next tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Konrads next tweet

View attachment 235377

Not to keep this going any longer but I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere today (I apologize if I missed it). Rob responded to one of our “fans” who was busting on him about the 3am tweet. Rob will be Rob and isn’t going to backdown to some anonymous guy tweeting him but he did change his tune in regards to Fran etc. He mentions that he had a meeting w Fran down in Florida which is nice.
So far, HCFB has done everything right. He could've easily blown off Conrad but is willing to let his door stay open and allow everyone in, who wants to come in. It's really all hands on deck, and he knows that.
Coach Fran "gets it"- maybe more than anyone I've seen in a long long time.
Dino was good for this program, and God bless him. But Fran? He seems like he's one of us. He gets SU football and our place in NE culture.
My respect for John Wildhack has grown so much these last few weeks. That he was willing to take a shot- a strategic, thought out, well calculated shot, on a hungry young go-getter, was pure genius.
If this keeps going, the way we all want it to keep going...he'll be the greatest AD in SU history. No doubt.

View attachment 235377

Not to keep this going any longer but I didn’t see this mentioned anywhere today (I apologize if I missed it). Rob responded to one of our “fans” who was busting on him about the 3am tweet. Rob will be Rob and isn’t going to backdown to some anonymous guy tweeting him but he did change his tune in regards to Fran etc. He mentions that he had a meeting w Fran down in Florida which is nice.
This comes off as an immature man-child still though. He could have said all of this without making the effort to once again go out of his way to personally attack someone. Why even focus on that person? Not a hint of remorse either. I don't care if he's a Cuse guy. He's a giant clown

Why not just own it:
“I’d like to apologize to Coach Fran and all of Cuse Nation for having a few too many and drunk tweeting some nonsense. I fully support coach and will always do anything I can to help the program”

Ducking a public apology leaves a lot of fans feeling salty about you. Even if you did wear 44 and even if do have a crazy sounding nighttime ocean swim story.

View attachment 235377

Tax free treasure

Why not just own it:
“I’d like to apologize to Coach Fran and all of Cuse Nation for having a few too many and drunk tweeting some nonsense. I fully support coach and will always do anything I can to help the program”

Ducking a public apology leaves a lot of fans feeling salty about you. Even if you did wear 44 and even if do have a crazy sounding nighttime ocean swim story.
Doing that brings more attention to an issue that very feel real people saw in the scheme of things.

Rule #2 in crisis communications: don’t apologize and create the crisis.

It’s blown over.

I’m sorry but this really pissed me off. Granted I never saw the tweet - is there a screen cap? - but alcohol can be a helluva truth serum.
Yes most of us have said dumb things while drunk but in my experience drunk talk is generally rooted in someone’s honest thinking.

It’s just so freakin LAME and honestly makes me look at him differently.

Now unfortunately his ducking a public apology and then berating a commenter seems fairly on brand.

Lame

Doing that brings more attention to an issue that very feel real people saw in the scheme of things.

Rule #2 in crisis communications: don’t apologize and create the crisis.

It’s blown over.
You’re right about not bringing more attention to it and I’m sure that was the calculus.

But the points in my last post still stand.

LAME AF

View attachment 235377

Does anybody really want to piss him off and correct his grammatical errors?

Rob really made himself look like an ass. But, silver lining here is he clearly bleeds orange. We want him involved. Fran easily smoothed things over with their meetings I guarantee, and we will be forging forward together.

View attachment 235377

Damn me blocked me when I told him not to come back to Syracuse, I was only half joking.

Damage control

I'm no Konrad apologist and other than being the last 44...for now, I could care less about his opinion re; HCFB.
But the man clearly made a mistake. If he's talked it out w/ Fran and they're now on the same page, then the matter should be closed. We all want the same things- let's just move on already. JMHO

I'm no Konrad apologist and other than being the last 44...for now, I could care less about his opinion re; HCFB.
But the man clearly made a mistake. If he's talked it out w/ Fran and they're now on the same page, then the matter should be closed. We all want the same things- let's just move on already. JMHO
Agreed, best to just move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom