Kudos to Beck | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Beck

Leave your keys on the table and lock the door on the way out.

On camera, it looked like Dino wasn’t calling plays. But I have no idea.

Great job by Beck, congrats!

Have no idea whether he was at all hamstrung by Dino.

But it’s one thing to not be good at something, and another to not know or accept that you’re not good at something.

I apply that to the in-game strategy and clock-management issues. It would be a shame it applied to the offense as well.

What’s your take. Were his hands tied to some degree?
I definitely feel that was the case. That was the offense I was expecting last week.

Last edited:
He’s done an excellent job fielding a competent offense these last few games despite massive limitations.

I matter what happens in this offseason, some team is going to be lucky to have him.
Perhaps Mullen will retain him? Although a new HC usually brings in who he wants as a staff I think NUNZ, and BECK are very smart and should be retained - if Mullen is confused by his two year absence.

Perhaps Mullen will retain him? Althougha new HC usually brings in who he wants as a staff I think NUNZ, and BECK are very smart and should be retained - if Mullen is confused by his two year absence.
You mean the next coach? Maybe.

He’s done an excellent job fielding a competent offense these last few games despite massive limitations.

I matter what happens in this offseason, some team is going to be lucky to have him.
Agree 100%, with a healthy OG, Line and Shrader we may have been a 9 win team.

Agreed. Beck called a great game. Kept Wake off-balance and somehow managed to generate a very balanced attack that produced 470 yards and should've scored 49 points.

You mean the next coach? Maybe.
Whomever it is, they should retain Beck and Campanille. Beck is a great offensive mind and NUNZ has the best schools in NJ in his pocket having coached at the best, Bergen Catholic, (in the nation as well this year #32), with a record of 112 -6 in 10 years.

They, IMO, are both worth extended contracts at SU

I don’t think so. I think injuries did their thing.

Offense was pretty darn good first 5 games. Issue was not having a back up QB on the roster.

He’s still dealing with the same personnel and injury issues though.

I saw a very different called game today. We saw plays called that had worked in September. We saw 4 maybe 5 passes over the middle. We saw a toss sweep. We saw a jet sweep. We saw some more counters. We didn’t see any wr screens to Villari, or at all. It was almost a 180 from the last few games.

Maybe his hands weren’t tied but the difference was one coach not involved in the game plan?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom