Kudos to Beck | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Beck

I am all in on bringing Beck back. I just don’t think new HC’s - especially guys with years of contacts and experience - do that very often. It’s a shame because there are some solid coaches on this staff. I wish them the best of luck. And I would almost guarantee that Beck will be in high demand. This will not sidetrack his career arc.

Has anyone else got the impression that since SU went to a power running attack vs Pitt, the stoppages of play to help an injured player off the field has been almost always for SU's opponent and not a SU player?

Could it really be a as simple as if the offense does the physical attacking, we don't get our guys hurt so much?

In the one upset win that Dino had, Clemson 2017, SU won the game largely because Eric Dungey ran the ball down their throat. Really makes you wonder what the record would have been if we actually embraced a diversifed run attack into the offense (before the last 3 games of Dino's tenure).

Has anyone else got the impression that since SU went to a power running attack vs Pitt, the stoppages of play to help an injured player off the field has been almost always for SU's opponent and not a SU player?

Could it really be a as simple as if the offense does the physical attacking, we don't get our guys hurt so much?

In the one upset win that Dino had, Clemson 2017, SU won the game largely because Eric Dungey ran the ball down their throat. Really makes you wonder what the record would have been if we actually embraced a diversifed run attack into the offense (before the last 3 games of Dino's tenure).
It does seem like being the aggressor helps. As an aside, Clemson was the second upset. Virginia Tech was a big favorite the previous season.

This offense that Beck and Campanile put together should stay in place, it gives Syracuse an identity of its own. Multiple QB's and running back wildcat cuts down on the wear and tear of 1 guy running the ball. It gets multiple QB's in the game so if one gets hurt there is no drop off in production. Use the NIL monies to get top defensive players like a nose tackle and a shut down corner.

His hands could have been tied by the HC. When Robert Anae was OC, last year, he was seen arguing with Coach Babers, on many occasions. It could have been that his calls were being overruled by HCDB, and then he left, after the season, for a lateral move to NC State. Coach Beck is a first time OC so it is likely the trend continued. I would like to see him retained which is, oo course, up to the new HC

Va Tech

Va Tech
OK if you want to count that as an upset; Dino didn't really have many upset wins considering he was here 8 years. In that VaTech game as well, the main reason SU won was because Dungey ran the ball and picked up 1st downs.

OK if you want to count that as an upset; Dino didn't really have many upset wins considering he was here 8 years. In that VaTech game as well, the main reason SU won was because Dungey ran the ball and picked up 1st downs.
I would say it was an upset. VPI was 10-4 and finished the season ranked.

Dungey definitely carried us, but that's what star QBs do. Strickland had a solid running day and threw an 84 yd td pass on a trick play too. And the defense came up big. It was a great win.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom