Ky Bowman | Syracusefan.com

Ky Bowman

jdubs30

Living Legend
is currently 1/9 from the field and 0/4 from 3 with 12:53 left in the 2nd half vs. Wake Forest tonight. BC is only down 1, but this kid can't hit anything tonight

When are people going to stop with the "random player goes off against us" BS and come to grips with the fact that zone defense, especially below average or downright bad, is exactly what some players, especially less athletic guards, want to see. You get open looks at the hoop!

We probably beat BC and St johns if we played all man to man. A bad zone defense will make every P5 team look like Kentucky
You think this team is going to play a tight man to man? I'd love to see it, but I doubt it.

You have to TRY to at LEAST shut down a hot player. We just don't get the memo for whatever reason and the guards mostly are the ones allowing these outbursts whether it is the North Florida, Monmouth, or any other dudes who get hot. It's unreal. Have some pride.

It's also called the law of averages. Bowman's scoring will go down.

Yes I believe he finished 3/15 and 0/6 from 3. Just another day in the office

When are people going to stop with the "random player goes off against us" BS and come to grips with the fact that zone defense, especially below average or downright bad, is exactly what some players, especially less athletic guards, want to see. You get open looks at the hoop!

How come we cant play offense against a zone? Because that's all teams are throwing at us right now and all I see is a lot of wide open shots and it's clang after clang

Deep and heavy sigh. I know its apples and oranges but Wake beats up BC by 13 who beat us by 13 (could have been more really if it wasn't for garbage ball). Not looking pretty in the ACC this year.

How come we cant play offense against a zone? Because that's all teams are throwing at us right now and all I see is a lot of wide open shots and it's clang after clang
What? We beat the snot out of soft zones so far. How do you think they were hanging 90-100 points on the board? Rob Murphy wasn't playing M2M when Syracuse was hitting threes from everywhere in the gym.

What? We beat the snot out of soft zones so far. How do you think they were hanging 90-100 points on the board? Rob Murphy wasn't playing M2M when Syracuse was hitting threes from everywhere in the gym.

how about in all the losses?

JB's stubbornness & zone only mentality at all cost reminds me of when computers entered/mainstreamed the workplace...but took the position/argued that I've done things my whole life without these "stupid" machines and I'm not about to now. ;)

Easy to make 3s when you are spotting up with your feet set with clean looks. Much more difficult when you have to work to get open and take contested looks. Simple reasoning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom