Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Cuffe Transferring to Syracuse (5/18/23)

This is amazing.
I didn't even want to Google what his phrasing means, for fear of the pictures.

Tubgirl.com (at your own risk#)

A hidden gem with such a deep roster is the competitiveness and intensity that should exist in every practice. These kids want to play and they will have plenty of competition for every spot to earn their playing time. They will have to improve, stay focused to improve both offensively and defensively.
Another hidden gem is that our portal additions have multiple years of eligibility remaining and are at their second school. unless they are granted a mental health waiver, they would have to sit out a year if they wanted to enter the portal again before graduating.

Wow. Spent day at a funeral and get back to read this.

Some thoughts- I wouldn't read too much into the Kansas board. Injuries have slowed down more than a few kids careers. This kid can ball and soar. He's clearly done well to get stronger and be in basketball shape. This type of player fits into having a deep backcourt but not just bringing in a lesser talented kid.

The workout vid I saw looks recent. It's good news the injury didn't require surgery. That matters a lot. The comment on he wasn't a take for the Johnnies I question. It's clear there was a relationship here with staff, program plus the guys we have. Clearly he is a great well liked kid. This is exactly the type of player you go after in filling out a roster.

Don't know where Judah's head is at but this addition can't hurt especially given their history.

I think he will play and be effective. I also agree with AZ's comment that we are going to Baylor/Houston this thing. Sign me up. Relentless on both ends attacking, the ball moving and having some shooters to complement. Need to see it in person but we will not be fun to play against.

Also 2 years off- don't underestimate his ability to improve other aspects of his game.

Last edited:
couple of those dunks gave me verry strong Waiters vibes

wow...he's got bunnies!

but the highlights were from 19-20? 4 years ago???

EDIT - just read up and see he had knee injuries - read the kansas thread...some are high in him but a lot of doubters too...they said St Johns and Pitino passed ...which if true is interesting
There's probably a difference in evaluation for a prime rotation guy vs the 9th/10th guy.

Get Judah back and watch out. Autry is not messing around when it comes to upgrading the talent, athleticism and size of the roster. This team is going to be fun to watch, get Judah back and my lordddddd this team will be good. Get Judah back and you have a top 15 team with top 10 and final 4 potential. Damn it feels nice to have Syracuse basketball back again. If Judah comes back, you literally could not ask anything more from Red this off-season. He’s crushed it. Let’s hope his on court coaching is as good as his recruiting
If this kid is healthy his play is similar to Judah. Hés a downhill kid actually more athletic than Judah. Either way as long as he is healthy, we are good to go at the G position. The big If is the forward spot.

his high school vids are insanely good...he jumps out of the gym! can finish acrobatically AND has a nice 3 pt shot!

I just hope whatever happened with the injuries is in the past and he has that same explosiveness...

does anyone know if he still has the same athleticism?

will he be dunking like that for SU???!?

He's absolutely worth the flyer, but he hasn't played meaningful minutes, at any level, in 2+ years. Anyone who thinks they know what we'll get out of him this season is throwing a dart. I'm not sure even Red knows.

Just saw on 247, guy attended elite camp in 2019. From Harlem went to school in NJ. Love that were mining those northeast roots. Connections beget connections. Good pick up. I love that were getting more slashers that can handle the ball and dunk!

Blair Academy highlights package. This kid was recruited to Kansas; you know this is going to be good tape. Very excited. He excels in the open floor, and dunks it on the break like classic SU teams of the past. Has a nice back-and-forth hesitation move that will look familiar. Pretty solid form on his 3 ball. Quick laterally on defense. Quite a player!

Who knows how good Kyle can be? Hard to tell when he hasn't played. But I am excited that we'll have options. If we're going to get someone's sloppy seconds, you could do worse than KU.

His Class of '22 HS tape is excellent. That isn't that long ago. And - stating the obvious - he was good enough to get a scholarship to Kansas. This kid is a talent. And, his knee injury wasn't the ACL - it was a collateral ligament and maybe the patellar one. Bad enough; but could have been worse.

I like it. Talented kid easily worth a flyer. Nice job Red. Lets get Judah to stay and have some fun

I don't think we need him, at this point. We've got 5 guards, including Westry, Starling & Cuffe. I think that's enough, honestly. Sprinkle in Copeland and Taylor, and that's plenty of different looks at G. Judah coming back only means somebody like Taylor and/or Copeland transfer.

Press Colgate all game and beat them by 100.
Mr.-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Wow. Spent day at a funeral and get back to read this.

Some thoughts- I wouldn't read too much into the Kansas board. Injuries have slowed down more than a few kids careers. This kid can ball and soar. He's clearly done well to get stronger and be in basketball shape. This type of player fits into having a deep backcourt but not just bringing in a lesser talented kid.

The workout vid I saw looks recent. It's good news the injury didn't require surgery. That matters a lot. The comment on he wasn't a take for the Johnnies I question. It's clear there was a relationship here with staff, program plus the guys we have. Clearly he is a great well liked kid. This is exactly the type of player you go after in filling out a roster.

Don't know where Judah's head is at but this addition can't hurt especially given their history.

I think he will play and be effective. I also agree with AZ's comment that we are going to Baylor/Houston this thing. Sign me up. Relentless on both ends attacking, the ball moving and having some shooters to complement. Need to see it in person but we will not be fun to play against.

Also 2 years off- don't underestimate his ability to improve other aspects of his game.

Actually it’s 3 years off. His senior year of HS was canceled after 2 games due to COVID. Don’t know about summer leagues.

I don't think we need him, at this point. We've got 5 guards, including Westry, Starling & Cuffe. I think that's enough, honestly. Sprinkle in Copeland and Taylor, and that's plenty of different looks at G. Judah coming back only means somebody like Taylor and/or Copeland transfer.
Judah’s better than them, so that doesn’t phase me even though I like them both.

But if we play 3 guards together, and pressure the ball relentlessly…..we need a lot of guys who can play.

I think Copeland being a real PG who can pass and make plays for others gives him a shot at a role here no matter who else is here though. If he plays well, I think he brings different things to the table than our other guys.

I like the pickup and that video on the first page with the bounce made me excited, but the Kansas thread gave me some pause. They thought he would head to a mid major. Either way, I like it. If he's not ready for big minutes I'd rather stash a freak athlete on the bench than a legacy recruit or a guy who gets stuffed by the rim. I suspect he's high upside and might surprise Kansas fans.

Kansas guard Kyle Cuffe Jr. enters NCAA Transfer Portal

He had a few fans over there. Most said he was a hard working kid who went to class and wasn't a problem. Most praised his defense, called him a menace. A couple guys thought he could do very well if he's healthy again. When he's healthy, nobody is stopping this guy from getting to the rim.

it's pronounced QWEEF. the second f is silent .unlike the first. which is noisy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom