LaRay Smith has 3 finalists | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LaRay Smith has 3 finalists

Didn't Quadry also run track at SU? Why not offer this instate kid a full schoolly and let him play track and WR!

Didn't Quadry also run track at SU? Why not offer this instate kid a full schoolly and let him play track and WR!
Yes I believe he did.Quadry was a good kid. My wife and I ran into him at the hotel in Tampa Graciously posed for a picture with my wife, My son has his jersey,#45 that he got at the preseason scrimmage after he graduated I think its autographed as well. He got it framed so it should still be in good shape.:eek:

any news from his visit? I think it was last weekend?

Smith feels comfortable on 'Cuse visit, expects more offers

He got to interact with the Ducks track coaches for the first time two weeks ago after earning All-American honors by placing third in the 400 with a time of 47.67 and seventh in the 200 in 21.86 at the USATF Junior Olympics.
“All of the [football] coaches were on vacation at the time,” Smith said. “Not that they are all [back], I am pretty sure they are going to offer.”

---
I guess we'll have a pretty good idea on where he's going shortly after he makes his trip to Oregon.

All of the [football] coaches were on vacation at the time,” Smith said. “Not that they are all [back], I am pretty sure they are going to offer.”

The Ducks already have two commits for 2013 at RB a 5 and a 4 star with about three more offers out. Don't know what their needs are.

Feel like Oregon is option #1 if they offer he is heading out west. If not it is probably between us and tenessee.

Feel like Oregon is option #1 if they offer he is heading out west. If not it is probably between us and tenessee.
Tenn's not in it really.

All of the [football] coaches were on vacation at the time,” Smith said. “Not that they are all [back], I am pretty sure they are going to offer.”

The Ducks already have two commits for 2013 at RB a 5 and a 4 star with about three more offers out. Don't know what their needs are.

Oregon is doing what they should do. He thinks they're 'close' to offering because they are feeding him a bunch of bullsheet to keep him on the hook in case something goes wrong with their other kids. He's their fall back plan.

Back for more: Explosive Xaverian has sights set on 'AAA' title run

By JOSEPH STASZEWSKI
Last Updated: 1:49 AM, August 23, 2012
Posted: 1:36 AM, August 23, 2012

Share on emailShare

Zach Kearney won’t let himself forget the final play of last season.
“I think about it every day,” the Xaverian quarterback said. “It’s my motivation.”
Kearney was a mere yard away from sending the Clippers to their first CHSFL Class AAA title game, but as he dove for the goal line the ball was popped loose resulting in the end of Xaverian’s season at the hands of Archbishop Stepinac.
“I feel like I cost [us] the game,” he said. “It’s always going to stick with me.”
How close the Brooklyn school came isn’t lost on anyone. Their motto is, “being a yard better than last year." Coach Joe DeSiena, however, has made sure his players don't forget how hard it was to get to that point.

Xaverian's Zach Kearney will have the freedom to go to the air more often this season.

Xaverian's football team (from left to right) Peter Tuohy, Jonathan Bedyna, head coach Joe DeSiena, Chris Jones, and Zach Kearney want to lead Xaverian to a CHSFL AAA ttile.

“I want the ring,” two-way senior lineman Chris Jones said. “Senior year I want the ring. ... I want to move it to the next level.”
Kearney and his fellow seniors will get a chance at redemption. DeSiena will be looking to open up the offense and give Kearney, who will also play safety, a chance to drop back and spread the ball around to Xaverian’s array of speedy, athletic weapons. He described himself as a running back playing quarterback last year.
“I held him back last year in the passing game and he threw for over 1,000 yards,” DeSiena said. “But we were simple.”
The Clippers are again loaded with speed on offense, starting with highly recruited running back Laray Smith, who is also an All-American track runner. Smith has been with the team when he can this week with his father Lawrence again hospitalized because of complications with his dialysis.
Classmates Jonathan Badyna and Peter Tuohy will be at wide receiver and linebacker on defense. Freshman Rahmel Ashby takes over for Tushaun Plummer in the slot and could also make an impact on defense. Senior quarterback Greg McGoldrick, a pocket passer, could also see snaps and send passes Kearney’s way.
“We have Laray who is very fast,” Badyna said. “If we aren’t running, we have big receivers to go up and get the ball.”
Despite losing key pieces from one of the league top defenses, DeSiena believe the Clippers will be just fine along the defensive line with Jones moving in from linebacker, Valerio Auguste and sophomore Kamari Jones. C.J. Matthews and Nicky Binckes join the linebacking corps. There are still question marks in the secondary besides Kearney at safety. Dean Bantis, Jordan Blake and freshman Justin Phillip could all see time in the defensive backfield.
“In the secondary we have athletes, but they have to prove something,” DeSiena said.
Even off one of the most successful seasons in program history, Xaverian still feels it has something to prove. It also has some unfinished business to attend to.
“Our motto is we have to be a yard better than last year,” Tuohy said. “As long as we are a yard better, we work a little harder, I think we got it.”

I would think that staying close to a chronically ill father might provide Syracuse with an edge.
I know it would for me.

I for one hope his father gets well soon so the young man can choose who he wants not because he feels obligated

I would think that staying close to a chronically ill father might provide Syracuse with an edge.
I know it would for me.
It might be true but I couldn't click the " like" selection. I hope the kid comes here but not at the expense of an ailing parent. Just my thoughts ,not pointing fingers or anything like that.:oops:

Aloha High School running back Thomas Tyner ran for 644 yards to set an Oregon state record on Friday night.

Nationally, Tyner's feat is the all-time third-highest single game rushing total, according to the National High School Sports Record Book.

Tyner, an Oregon recruit, carried the ball 38 times and scored 10 touchdowns in Aloha's 84-63 win over Lakeridge, and he did it all on his 18th birthday.

"The beginning of the game I saw in the guys eyes. We were ready to play," Tyner told the Oregonian.

Tyner, who also played on defense, scored on runs of 20, 41, 62, 60 and 65 yards in the first half.

He credited his offensive line, telling the Oreganian it was the "best in the state."

"They opened up the holes, I would've never done it without them," he told the newspaper.

The national high school record for rushing yards in a game belongs to John Giannantonio of Netcong, N.J., who set it in 1950. Paul McCoy of Matewan, W.Va., ran for 661 yards in 2006, according to the National High School Sports Record Book.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...t-thomas-tyner-rushes-644-yards-10-touchdowns

Glad to hear he wasn't underwhelmed
Not so much that he wanted to commit so nothing to get excited about but its better than nothing. The fact we need his speed has never been more evident than today hitting the inside of a defense with nothing to show for it except a 4th downgive back failure. Not one shot to the perimetter. Not one!!!:bang:

It might be true but I couldn't click the " like" selection. I hope the kid comes here but not at the expense of an ailing parent. Just my thoughts ,not pointing fingers or anything like that.:oops:
It might provide an edge but I have my doubts. If we had that edge I would think that a decision would have been made by now in our favor.

Laray didn't play tonight with a bum ankle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom