Last Nights Announcers | Syracusefan.com

Last Nights Announcers

bothsocksup

Starter
We hit an all time low with the announcing last night. Aside from the usual mispronunciations of our players like Sean Hickley, there was an egregious lack of knowledge of our team. Combine that with the love affair with clemson and lack of respect for our progam and I was ready to hit the mute button. Where the hell do they find these people?

Syracuse University, in the case of one of the guys.

But I agree, that was far from the network's A Team.

Syracuse University, in the case of one of the guys.

But I agree, that was far from the network's A Team.
I actually looked it up during the game. That guy did the best job ever of not showing he was a syracuse grad.

Um no I went to school with pbp announcer from last night Anish Schroff he is a SU fan thru and thru. He called out the F you Dabo stuff from last year. He was clearly pissed after the Long INT right after SU picked off Strout.
The announcers were fine the color guy was fine. Anish was asking Stoutter if Long was the QB of the future like a fan. Stouter had no clue but the announcers were fine.

I actually looked it up during the game. That guy did the best job ever of not showing he was a syracuse grad.

That's one point in his favor - like the anti- Sean McDonough.

Unfortunately, his lack of preparation and tendency to speak in cliches was similarly un-McDonough-like.

Speaking of announcers on the Radio. Where was Matt Park (The Voice of the Orange) during the broadcast ?

Speaking of announcers on the Radio. Where was Matt Park (The Voice of the Orange) during the broadcast ?

On the radio with Chris Gedney, as usual.

Amish was an SU grad. Wasn't the other guy a former Clemson QB?!

Anish is very good, and is totally an SU guy. Stouffer was pretty terrible though.
Agreed, although I was hoping Anish would correct some of the other guys mispronunciations at some point.

If any of you recall the "I Wanna Be a Sportcaster" reality show competition that ESPN had a while back, Anish was on it. Not sure how he finished, but I think he lasted a while, maybe to the final two.

Agreed, although I was hoping Anish would correct some of the other guys mispronunciations at some point.

If any of you recall the "I Wanna Be a Sportcaster" reality show competition that ESPN had a while back, Anish was on it. Not sure how he finished, but I think he lasted a while, maybe to the final two.
Stouffer called Clemson "Syracuse" at least twice, and I think the reverse as well (jersey colors rabble rabble rabble). I think Anish just decided he was gonna work through it at a point.

Half the chat room (including a poster or two from this thread) was complaining about how awful the announcers were, especially the PBP guy (Shroff). I didn't think he was stellar, but I didn't think he was awful either. The color guy, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

On the radio with Chris Gedney, as usual.

Are you sure, because when I was driving home from the BAR (I left) end of the 3rd quarter and listen to much of the 4th on drive back. I didn't hear him. Or sure didn't sound like him.

Are you sure, because when I was driving home from the BAR (I left) end of the 3rd quarter and listen to much of the 4th on drive back. I didn't hear him. Or sure didn't sound like him.

I heard the whole game on the radio.

CuseHulk said:

Were you listening on Sirius? I was driving when I bailed on the game early in the 4th (for sake of getting my kids to bed which was bad enough at that point). I could only find Clemson coverage on Sirius.

Syracuse IMG radio overage is on TuneIn Radio.

Brian Higgins did the whole game on SU radio. I didn't catch the beginning of the broadcast and don't know why but I listened to the whole game.

Matt tweeted this on Friday
"Wheels down in Greenville. Looking forward to a great ACC road experience. Downtown G'ville and the Clemson golf course before a 7:00 kick."

Still don't know what happened. Nothing on the net and nothing it the Sunday paper.

If Higgins stepped in halfway through the game, I never noticed. Could be because I'm used to both of their voices.

I know we didn't get Suzyn Waldman.
So Higgins stepped in halfway or Higgins did the whole game? He and Matt couldn't sound more different. Tenor vs. bass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom