LAX Action for Apr 1-4 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Apr 1-4

except that Duke needed overtime to beat UNC and only beat Syracuse by 1, both in Durham, which makes Duke look fairly beatable
What will be interesting to see is if fogos in the ACC can adjust to Duke's guy going forward. Goalie save percentages are useful stats over time but can often reflect specific game situations with strong/weak defense, offense looks, quality of saves etc. As earlier games in the ACC and the Maryland/Rutgers games have shown, consistent 60+ in ACC conference games for goalies is highly unlikely. I think the stat is more meaningful for fogos.

Naso still has to face Lasalla and Gallagher, before we give him an award.
Even though Tucci was recently added to the Tewaaraton list, I think his high numbers might have been more due to UNC's relatively weak schedule. Duke's ooc schedule hasn't been real strong either.

Hope all is well soon.
Thank you for this comment and others like it on this thread. He came home today and we are hopeful. It puts everything in perspective. There's lots of hand-wringing on this board about minor things, and I have done my share of it. Sports is a great diversion, but what truly matters has little to do with who wins what game.

Old friend Sean Donnelly with a nice game.

UVM lost and now this. Rough day for SU out of conference opponents.

Big win for the Terps 17-10 over Penn State. Terps started slow, not scoring till half way through the first quarter, but in the end too much offense for the Terps and too many turnovers for PSU.
Bernhardt broke Rambo's all-time Terp goal scoring record.

Big win for the Terps 17-10 over Penn State. Terps started slow, not scoring till half way through the first quarter, but in the end too much offense for the Terps and too many turnovers for PSU.
Bernhardt broke Rambo's all-time Terp goal scoring record.

Congrats to Bernhardt on that record. Rambo probably thought his name would stay up a little longer a few years ago but Maryland has had some really good players come through the program under Tillman.

NIKE/US LACROSSE TOP 20​

No. 2 Maryland 17, Penn State 10
No. 11 Lehigh 13, No. 4 Army 12
No. 9 Notre Dame 18, No. 5 Syracuse 11
No. 8 Denver 16, Marquette 6
No. 10 Georgetown 20, St. John’s 7
No. 13 Hofstra 8, Towson 7
No. 15 Loyola 14, Navy 10
Drexel 12, No. 16 UMass 11
Hobart 11, No. 19 Bryant 10
UMBC 10, No. 20 Vermont 8
No. 7 Rutgers 10, No. 17 Ohio State 9,
No. 6 Virginia 18, No. 12 Richmond 10

OTHER SCORES
Albany 17, UMass Lowell 6
Binghamton 11, NJIT 9
Cleveland State 16, VMI 4
Colgate 10, Bucknell 9
High Point 11, Bellarmine 5
Mercer 15, Air Force 13
Merrimack 14, LIU 10
Robert Morris 16, Jacksonville 15
Stony Brook 17, Hartford 6
Utah 11, Boston U 10 (2OT)
Villanova 13, Providence 6

Marist at Siena, PPD
Wagner at Saint Joseph's, PPD

Last edited:
So Rutgers is 5-2, while OSU drops to 3-4
Michigan (1-5) at Hopkins(2-4) tomorrow.
Its really looking like only 2 to the NCAAs from the Big Ten, barring one of the bottom 4 winning the Big Ten tournament.

Of course, if Hopkins makes it to .500, they probably make it.

Lots of Cuse commits putting up big numbers at other Schools! Zawada (Mich) Donnelly (Drexel) , Nelson (Le Moyne), Wisnauskas (UMD), Hay (ALB), Levandowski (VER)

I think Zawada would have been the fourth attackmen with the outlook that he be a starter in 21/22

I know Hopkins is not good but I've seen enough of Michigan this year to wonder where Zawada would have fit in on Syracuse's offense this year?

Zawada flipped to Michigan on Oct 30, 2018.

Hiltz flipped from Denver to Syracuse in 2019.

Does Hiltz flip if Zawada is here?

Zawada flipped to Michigan on Oct 30, 2018.

Hiltz flipped from Denver to Syracuse in 2019.

Does Hiltz flip if Zawada is here?
Why not? Playing with Zawada would seem like a plus to me.

Hopkins tacky band was playing at the game.
"You might want more, but you got less!"

I thought the hit by #77 for Hopkins near the end of the game as Zawada dove for an empty netter was pretty nasty. #77 got a 2 minute penalty - but there was only like 40 seconds left.

After yesterday, it’s nice to see the Jays lose. Epstein didn’t start the game, but did play (think he had a bad turnover in the last minutes). Disciplinary? Standard benching?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom