LAX Action for April 15-16 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for April 15-16

looking at lax standings there is a shot that only around 20-25 teams finish over .500 to even qualify for the tourney if they dont win their conf tourney.

if UNC loses to nd they have to win the acc to get in
hopkins win yesterday saved them from having to fight to get in

the ivies may well end up with only 2 that can get in
the BE could end up with 2
Ne/Patriot/metro/colonial all have 1-2 teams over .500

you could end up with a ton of leagues having under .500 teams win and a bunch of teams outside looking in.
Nit-picking, I know, but if they lose to ND they have to win the ACC just to qualify for the NCAA's. No guarantee they get in even then, at 8-7. They would have good wins, though (2 ACCT wins, and @Denver). But would the big (Hop/MD/Duke) and bad (Richmond) losses offset those? :noidea:

the ivy has a shot a 5 way tie for 2nd place and since the all would have lost to yale the tie breaker after all is said and done is a random draw just to get into the ivy tourney.

the ivy has a shot a 5 way tie for 2nd place and since the all would have lost to yale the tie breaker after all is said and done is a random draw just to get into the ivy tourney.
wow

Do my eyes deceive me or is Rutgers wearing a red version of SU's unis while playing the Twerps? Popcorn and soda

I enjoy watching Maryland's offense execute from behind the goal. Wish Cuse looked to initiate more from X

After needing 3 OTs to beat Rutty in a game where each team did everything they could to lose. Again, love Xanders' recruiting coverage but he rarely says anything pro-'Cuse. Hell, even when he writes up a 'Cuse commit he adds that other teams will continue to try & flip them. I read his writeups religiously & saw him do this with Quinn & Magnan but never any other player.

Any fans there?
The stands were actually pretty packed on the opposite side...seemed almost 50/50 with MD fans though. It got really windy beginning in the 1st OT & trash/debris swirled around the field for all 3 OTs. Even the Rutty goalie's Gatorade bottle rolled 20 yards out of the cage. It was so typical NJ lol

After needing 3 OTs to beat Rutty in a game where each team did everything they could to lose. Again, love Xanders' recruiting coverage but he rarely says anything pro-'Cuse. Hell, even when he writes up a 'Cuse commit he adds that other teams will continue to try & flip them. I read his writeups religiously & saw him do this with Quinn & Magnan but never any other player.

I guess some one goal wins are worth more than others. Maryland has back to back one goal games and are "back to looking like the best teams in the country." we have them and they are calling us lucky.

I guess some one goal wins are worth more than others. Maryland has back to back one goal games and are "back to looking like the best teams in the country." we have them and they are calling us lucky.

Must be the competition. We are lucky in their eyes to beat the best steams in close games. Maryland should have taken Rutgers to the woodshed and finally won. Thus, in the premeditated world of haters, UMD is the clear #1

For the record, I will take a team that wins versus the best over teams that squeak by patsies and wannabees. I believe UMD deserves a good ranking, but they simply beat the #1 of three weeks ago who then lost two (and going 1-2 over the stretch between then and now) before going down to UMD. A has-been #1 (especially one that did not deserve the ranking to begin with) is like bragging about beating a former national champion from years gone by, it means nothing in today's terms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom