LAX Action for Feb 20-26 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 20-26

Fast paced wide open game .Pleasure watching UVA push transition upfield at every opportunity, missing that dimension this year

dodged that call in the crease.. went from a goal, to a penalty, to just a man in the crease.

HP was 5x10 on the man up vs cornell to get to 11 goals.
2x5 today after that 3 Min one.

Devon Buckshot. Yet another local product that is new on the scene and looking like a future star.

Sorry High Point, I jinxed you. Turned it on in the first half and Virginia went up. Turned it off and then back on in the fourth when I saw it was tied. They never scored again.

Didn’t watch the game but what’s up with the Cav’s defense?

I believe they're still missing their best guy down low (injury) and they're relatively young on that side of the field. Probably missing Conrad right now too.

Laying big wood this week.

Lehigh -9 ( over NJIT)
Air Force -3 (over Cleveland St)
Denver -6.5 (over Cleveland St)

0-2-1 this week (F Cleveland State).

Overall 3-4-2 — 4 points.

Didn’t watch the game but what’s up with the Cav’s defense?
I believe they're still missing their best guy down low (injury) and they're relatively young on that side of the field. Probably missing Conrad right now too.
Yes. Saustad, the top returning D (#11) who covered the #2 A last year, has been out with an injury for the first part of the season. No mention yet of when/if he'll return to the lineup. Right now, Kology (#16, a former unrecruited walk-on) is the lead D covering the #1 A and would be covering the #2 if Saustad was playing. The other starting Ds are both first years, from Dallas and Eden Prairie, Minn, so there's a lot of ball-watching. Jared Conners, the LSM, moved down to cover an A in a couple of possessions. Tonight, Kology was covering Asher Nolting, leaving one of the first years to cover Buckshot after he moved to A when the starter got hurt. Did I mention the first years do a lot of ball-watching?

We don't have Conrad to make the "punt return" clears anymore, so it's more work to get it out of our end. Conners, when he was actually playing as the LSM, had some runs upfield tonight and had 3 points (2-1), with a couple of missed shots and one was saved.

Terps won the men's lacrosse title in 2017.
(They have won a few women's titles for the Big Ten also.)
It is too bad they have become covered with B1G stank. No more championships for them.

If you want to talk women’s lacrosse, maybe the B1G is good. Though Northwestern got beat at home by Syracuse this weekend...

Yes. Saustad, the top returning D (#11) who covered the #2 A last year, has been out with an injury for the first part of the season. No mention yet of when/if he'll return to the lineup. Right now, Kology (#16, a former unrecruited walk-on) is the lead D covering the #1 A and would be covering the #2 if Saustad was playing. The other starting Ds are both first years, from Dallas and Eden Prairie, Minn, so there's a lot of ball-watching. Jared Conners, the LSM, moved down to cover an A in a couple of possessions. Tonight, Kology was covering Asher Nolting, leaving one of the first years to cover Buckshot after he moved to A when the starter got hurt. Did I mention the first years do a lot of ball-watching?

We don't have Conrad to make the "punt return" clears anymore, so it's more work to get it out of our end. Conners, when he was actually playing as the LSM, had some runs upfield tonight and had 3 points (2-1), with a couple of missed shots and one was saved.

Hoo's That: Also I know LSM Rock is no longer on the team which I assume is a significant loss? Is there a possibility he returns this season or most likely not?

Hoo's That: Also I know LSM Rock is no longer on the team which I assume is a significant loss? Is there a possibility he returns this season or most likely not?
The word going around is the standard "Violation of team rules". No one outsoide the team knows at this point about a possible return. Theo Dol, a redshirt senior, has moved up to be the #2 LSM behind Conners.

It is too bad they have become covered with B1G stank. No more championships for them.

If you want to talk women’s lacrosse, maybe the B1G is good. Though Northwestern got beat at home by Syracuse this weekend...

The ACC wasn't bringing a lot of Men''s lax championships for the Terps either, last one in 1975.

I feel good about the Terps chances the next 2 seasons. A number of very good teams around, but no dominant team - just a matter of who gets hot (and lucky) in May.

UVa stick getting sent to the sin bin for 3:00 unreleaseable.

feels like there have been more illegal sticks this year than I can recall in years. I always thought that the violation was not necessary with the new technologies in head design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom