LAX Action for March 30 - April 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for March 30 - April 1

Fields and Reh missed the Albany game with injuries. Fields has some sort of knee injury. Will be awful for their championship chances if he’s out the rest of the season.

Fields and Reh missed the Albany game with injuries. Fields has some sort of knee injury. Will be awful for their championship chances if he’s out the rest of the season.

He has a sprained MCL I believe, he's not out for the year.. That said it was idiotic for Marr to play him during the week when he was clearly hobbling. DUMB

He has a sprained MCL I believe, he's not out for the year.. That said it was idiotic for Marr to play him during the week when he was clearly hobbling. DUMB
Jer, missed the game. Looks like a good result, although if you ask Carrigan, ND was the better team except for a few lapses. Anyway, looking forward to your wrap-up.

Jer, missed the game. Looks like a good result, although if you ask Carrigan, ND was the better team except for a few lapses. Anyway, looking forward to your wrap-up.

Should have a post up tonight or tomorrow.

Can you link me to that? Thats outrageous for him to even think that. If it wasn't for extra man chances that game wouldn't have been competitive. What an odd thing for him to say after his team went on the road an completely laid an egg.

I read Corrigan's post games comments. He has the right to criticize his team but he lived up to his rep as a as dooosh with his hypothetical nonsense and veiled attempt to discredit Cuse win. Perhaps he should learn from coaches like Desko and Danowski who have not only won multiple championships ( compared to his zero in thirty yrs at ND ) but also know how to be gracious and classy in defeat.

ND is a good team with good players n good kids, they were indeed sloppy at times but much of that was because of Cuse aggressiveness in all phases of the game. Cuse kids gave them little open space, never allowed them to get into unsettled situations . Cuse was certainly not perfect but all kids went after it with energy for sixty minutes and our depth factored. Play a fifth quarter and our lead is widening further.

How's this take Corrigan, your squad was gift wrapped several questionable calls that should have indeed made the game closer meanwhile your team got away with a couple of early slashes on faceoffs and later some other non calls and the chippy play of some players at the end is on you.The fact is that our man down unit and Madonna DID play great and the Cuse margin of victory could have been greater without the excessive time spent man down.

11-13 on the year. Need a Easter blessing to go 3-0 this weekend and above .500. Guess I need some dogs this weekend...

Yale
Rutgers
BobbyMo!!!
2-1 to get to 13-14. Week late on the RoMo train. Should have gone with Cornell. They put up points, especially when they overmatch a tram.

Last edited:
2-1 this week, Rutty covers and loses, perfect end to the weekend. Covered a game and lost one on half a point.
20-7 on the year.

I feel like Hop are getting stronger and stronger this year and have not had many injuries!

I like Rutgers though they have all the parts and a very aggressive def! Great goalie and a talented mid line and attack!

Big10 is up in the air this year!

Can you link me to that? Thats outrageous for him to even think that. If it wasn't for extra man chances that game wouldn't have been competitive. What an odd thing for him to say after his team went on the road an completely laid an egg.
Irish coach Kevin Corrigan said the 0-8 performance was far more a reflection of his team's shortcomings than Syracuse's strength.

"I can go back and look at them and I can think of five off the top of my head where we had exactly what we wanted and didn't catch the ball, didn't throw a good pass,'' he said. "There's no man up that works if you don't execute. If you've got a guy open on the crease and you throw him a bad pass, then I don't think that's the other team. If you throw a guy a good pass and he drops it, I don't think that's the other team.''

Coming into the contest Syracuse had surrendered just 24 man-up opportunities all season, killing 13. Orange coach John Desko was clearly unhappy with several of the calls that sent his players off the field Saturday, but he more or less held his tongue on the penalty disparity (the Fighting Irish was called for just a single penalty).

"Usually if you get in a tight game, the ball's going back and forth. Penalties are kind of more even,'' he said. "I've got to be careful what I say. I didn't agree with all of them. But fortunately our man-down did a good job of staying tight, knowing who they were. Notre Dame does a really nice job of moving their people around. And getting some skip passes. I think our defense understood that and took away the skip passes today.''

Syracuse lacrosse's man-down unit clutch in win over Notre Dame: 'We got this'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom