LAX Conference Expansion | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Conference Expansion

I think ESPN likes the schedule exactly as it is now because starting later would interfere with broadcasting the baseball and softball playoffs, which have higher ratings.
Wish there was schedule expansion and the season went longer with more games (and started later.)

Could be a huge cash cow for the networks and NCAA if they chose to market it and with NIL here to stay I think everyone involved would be on board.
broadcasting lacrosse games is not a huge cash cow now or for the forseeable future.

If you were to tell the Big Ten presidents and chancellors they could have Stanford instead of Maryland, how many of them would say no?
Probably most.

What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious. I'm confused why Stanford has been labeled ugly duckling status. They have won a ton of championships across all sports, the silicon valley is, I thought at least, booming population-wise, and no offense, is a more prestigious school than Maryland (something I thought Big Ten presidents cared about). Is it just because of where Maryland is located? Stanford is a better football school than Maryland at least when it comes to recent success.

What makes you say that? I'm genuinely curious. I'm confused why Stanford has been labeled ugly duckling status. They have won a ton of championships across all sports, the silicon valley is, I thought at least, booming population-wise, and no offense, is a more prestigious school than Maryland (something I thought Big Ten presidents cared about). Is it just because of where Maryland is located? Stanford is a better football school than Maryland at least when it comes to recent success.
Stanford is private and the Big Ten has been after large public schools.

How many times have I heard that the ACC wouldn't do 1-sport additions.
What am I missing?

Stanford/Cal WLax will join the ACC, just like their football and basketball teams.

What am I missing?

Stanford/Cal WLax will join the ACC, just like their football and basketball teams.
I hadn't heard that the ACC had added those schools. I live in a lacrosse world.
Disregard my post.

To bad the ACC didn't add Utah.

Last edited:
A Div-I LAX team in a talent rich state like Texas playing in a premier conference?

Like that won't bite us in the ass down the road. :D
Saustad (D, Dallas), Nunes (G, Houston), Mencke (A, Dallas) and Bower (D/LSM, Dallas) all from Texas for UVa.

I hadn't heard that the ACC had added those schools. I live in a lacrosse world.
Disregard my post.

To bad the ACC didn't add Utah.
The Big12 does not host lacrosse, if the ACC wanted to do so, they could pick up Utah. Considering that the ACC ignored Johns-Hopkins, I would not place money on the ACC being proactive.

The Big12 does not host lacrosse, if the ACC wanted to do so, they could pick up Utah. Considering that the ACC ignored Johns-Hopkins, I would not place money on the ACC being proactive.
ACC doesn’t allow schools to join on a single-sport basis. It didn’t ignore Hopkins.

ACC doesn’t allow schools to join on a single-sport basis. It didn’t ignore Hopkins.
The ACC didn't ignore JHU. JHU made it known they were not interested because UMD wanted them in the B1G. It would have been nice to bring in Utah, but that wasn't in the cards since the ACC avoids single-sport members, but might have been convinced to take JHU.

I think the NEC gets a 1 or 2 year grace period.

I know the ACC did after Maryland left and we dropped to 5.

Should join lacrosse also

Does anyone in the AAC (other than Navy) play LAX?

East Carolina
Memphis
South Florida
Temple
Tulane
Tulsa
Charlotte
Florida Atlantic
North Texas
Rice
UAB
UTSA

Honestly can't keep track of all the comings and goings at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom