LAX Conference Expansion | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Conference Expansion

Good news for LeMoyne...the league should be able to get an automatic invite.

BTW, Lemoyne will be on FS2 tonight at 7pm. Playing Georgetown

Last edited:
Been hearing that that Delaware and UMASS to the CUSA is imminent. CUSA has no lax teams so both of those programs will have to find new homes.

Was thinking about this the other day. This is total speculation on my part about ACC #6 - SMU. They don't have either team right now. They've got some of the deepest-pocketed alums/fans in the country. Lax in Texas centers around the Dallas and Houston areas, prime source areas for their student body. I don't know exactly how they're situated re: Title IX, but I would suspect that, if they got one of their deep-pocket Sugar Daddies/Mommies to put up the funds, starting both teams wouldn't hurt their situation very much.

Was thinking about this the other day. This is total speculation on my part about ACC #6 - SMU. They don't have either team right now. They've got some of the deepest-pocketed alums/fans in the country. Lax in Texas centers around the Dallas and Houston areas, prime source areas for their student body. I don't know exactly how they're situated re: Title IX, but I would suspect that, if they got one of their deep-pocket Sugar Daddies/Mommies to put up the funds, starting both teams wouldn't hurt their situation very much.
as long as oil stays above $70 a barrel...

Shouldn't that read "WLAX is coming to the B12"?

Place has crashed and burned since Xanders left.

I wonder what their plan is post Xanders, that's a major loss for them.

Meaningless with only 3 teams. They'll have to play in another conference like Florida and Vanderbilt do until they get 6.
Geographically those three fit in the ACC pretty well as an associate member

Geographically those three fit in the ACC pretty well as an associate member
They’re women’s teams. It’s doubtful those schools will ever have men’s teams because they’re using the women’s teams to build up their Title IX numbers.

I guess I never realized that beach volleyball was a collegiate sport until I saw the Big 12 tweet.

Wonder if some of the current Big 12 members are going to add lacrosse and just haven't announced it yet.

F-hnP7cXoAAfbfM

Came across this item last night that we missed in October. Florida State is now extremely unlikely to add a men's team. I guess they couldn't get the Title IX numbers to work since their sugar daddy was willing to pay to start up both teams.

Delaware is CAA lax and CAA will boot them out. Delaware would be a great spot for an ACC program....

Delaware is CAA lax and CAA will boot them out. Delaware would be a great spot for an ACC program...
They can easily shift over to the A10 where Richmond and St. Joe's are their only real competition. The ACC doesn't do single-sport associate members for some reason that's never been fully explained.

They can easily shift over to the A10 where Richmond and St. Joe's are their only real competition. The ACC doesn't do single-sport associate members for some reason that's never been fully explained.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C81-5ZdBYv-L.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_SX425_.png

Still butt hurt from that Tech whipping last Saturday are ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom