Class of 2015 - LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Doyle Grimes (FL) Signed with Marshall

Doyle Grimes1⃣ ‏@MealTicket__ 12m12 minutes ago
Can't wait to walk cross that stage
1f393.png

Typo! I am glad to see Battle landed somewhere, even if that somewhere is UConn

@SamBlum3 · 25s25 seconds ago
Cuse football decommit Doyle Grimes just made this his Facebook pro pic. He recently took an official visit to SU.
B5zvFUiCEAA--27.png:large

Looking for cuse coaches' attention?

From what I understand Grimes was asked in the last week if he was still committed to Marshall and he said he was. So either this is BS or the kid has a big secret.

Or he has been told by the coaching staff that right now there is not an available scholarship for him ...but you never know?

From what I understand Grimes was asked in the last week if he was still committed to Marshall and he said he was. So either this is BS or the kid has a big secret.

Jamesvillecuse said:
that is all we need yet another defensive recruit! Hell lets just put everyone on defense

Dude. You know not what you post.

Our best recruit is on offense and could start next year. 5 linemen. 1 coveted TE.

Dude. You know not what you post.

Our best recruit is on offense and could start next year. 5 linemen. 1 coveted TE.
so I guess more of the guys are on the offensive side? How many WR we got coming in? The offense sucked when everyone was healthy don't tell me I don't know what I post!

Last edited:
Jamesvillecuse said:
so I guess more of the guys are on the offensive side? How many WR we got coming in? The offense sucked when everyone was healthy don't tell I don't know what I post!

Okay - don't want to hijack this thread - but yeah, a case could be made for bringing in one more WR.

I'll let the other guys who break this kinds of things down so so...

But I'd suggest that we had a QB problem last season more than a WR problem. Our top 2 guys were out (Estime/Broyld), Ishmael was a freshman who came on as the season progressed, etc.

last year we took a ton of offensive players so I have no problem with a lot of defensive guys this year. This late in the process im ok passing on wr but we need to bring in 1 or 2 top end speed guys for 2016 class.

last year we took a ton of offensive players so I have no problem with a lot of defensive guys this year. This late in the process im ok passing on wr but we need to bring in 1 or 2 top end speed guys for 2016 class.
ya but the offense is horrendous.

Grimes changed his profile pic back to a high school football uni pic. He did that an hour after he had changed it to the SU pic. Could have been an accident or maybe not.

a lot of that was OL play and Qb play which are areas we have recruited for this years class
Hard to see the OL or QB play improving next season.

Last edited:
Of course they can but after seeing this year's regression it's hard to be optimistic.

We can hope that we at least can get the late 2013 Hunt and a healthier and improved Oline. No guarantee we will by any means but is isn't unreasonable. I think Hunt will be more comfortable in Lester's offense. At least from what we know about it. Watching these bowl games and SU sitting out is depressing, we need to get back to one next year