Class of 2024 - LB Matthew Stenbroten (WI) Flipped to North Dakota St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 LB Matthew Stenbroten (WI) Flipped to North Dakota St

Looks like mostly FCS offers with a few MAC schools and service academies.

I HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE MY EVALUATIONS FROM NOW ON TO INCLUDE THOSE RECRUITS WHO ARE TAKING OFFICIALS INSTEAD OF NOT EVALUATING THEM UNTIL THEY ARE OFFERED. I FEEL IT WILL GIVE THE BOARD MORE TO DISCUSS ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL AND COMPARE VS COACHES IF THEY ARE OR ARE NOT OFFERED.

OFFICIAL VISIT> MATTHEW STENBROTEN 2024 LAKE MILLS HS, LAKE MILLS, WI
# 6' 4" 235/ OLB HYBRID/ 4.6 40/ 9 GP/ 61 TACKLES/6 TFL/ 2 FF/654 REC YDS/ 15.2 YPC/ 6 TDS
https://images./image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/tehf3mbqfx9zc5odcyde
63045d76e6523.image.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL JUNIOR FILM:

DEPENDING ON POSITION THE FOLLOWING 40 TIMES ARE PERTINENT:

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.2 - 4.39

SIZE
FAST
STRONG
QUICK OFF LOS
HIGH FBIQ
GREAT VISION

OFFENSE

GREAT HANDS
CATCHES THE BALL / CATCHES EVERYTHING
FILM SHOWS HIM RUNNING GO ROUTES DUE TO HIS SPEED
GETS OUT OF TOUGH SITUATIONS

DEFENSE

100% AFTER WHOEVER HAS THE BALL
SPENDS TIME IN BACKFIELD SACKING QB OR STUFFING RB
PBU'S
VERY QUICK TO THE BALL

>VERY GOOD PLAYER / OFFER & GET HIM TO COMMIT ON VISIT

Last edited:
We can talk ourselves into getting excited for anyone
Ha. Well I agree here. Doesn’t list an offer from Syracuse yet and may not have big boy offers but I have absolutely no problem with taking this kid. Check out his highlights. 6’-4” and 225 or 235 lbs as a junior in HS and he’s very athletic. I could really see him playing LB, DE or TE in college. He’s certainly get on the field somewhere.

Seems to be made in a very similar mold to Derek McDonald to me. He was playing LB for us as a redshirt Freshman after not playing at LB in HS. And I think we all would be even a little higher on him had his injuries not slowed him down a bit last year. He started 8 games last season after Thomson went down but missed a couple early as he was injured against Purdue and missed Wagner and UVA and then missed the final two against BC and Minnesota.

Last edited:
Looking at his film, you can see why Rocky Long is after him. He plays safety, LB, DE…I think he even played a little CB for a play or two. He is tall enough and has a big enough frame to fill in at DE (might eventually end up there down the road) but it looks like he would be effective at LB and maybe even could play safety. Agree if he does play in the secondary, it would be at rover.

He also looked really good at WR/TE and I would not be surprised if the offensive coaches tried to steal him to play the hybrid TE position as well.

A guy who has the physical attributes to play some many positions is really valuable in the Long 3-3-5. I hope he sees the kind of freedom and flexibility he could enjoy playing in this defense, and how impactful he could be playing in it.

Sign me up. Reminds me of Jamie Kimmel back in the day. Jaime was a terrific DE for SU. Really good athlete who ran all over the place making places circa the early 1980s.

Looking at his film, you can see why Rocky Long is after him. He plays safety, LB, DE…I think he even played a little CB for a play or two. He is tall enough and has a big enough frame to fill in at DE (might eventually end up there down the road) but it looks like he would be effective at LB and maybe even could play safety. Agree if he does play in the secondary, it would be at rover.

He also looked really good at WR/TE and I would not be surprised if the offensive coaches tried to steal him to play the hybrid TE position as well.

A guy who has the physical attributes to play some many positions is really valuable in the Long 3-3-5. I hope he sees the kind of freedom and flexibility he could enjoy playing in this defense, and how impactful he could be playing in it.

Sign me up. Reminds me of Jamie Kimmel back in the day. Jaime was a terrific DE for SU. Really good athlete who ran all over the place making places circa the early 1980s.
Jamie had a great motor. This kid would be a great get

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom