LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I feel terrible for this kid…. He should be mourning his father which is quite complex for anyone, let alone a freshman in college. Instead he’s forced to fight for his future against what seems an extremely unjust and flat out ridiculous punishment.

It tough to imagine the stress he’s under from multiple directions. Now a huge spotlight is on him as well. I hope his teammates and the coaching staff keep him close.

If it looks like …. And it smells like …. It’s probably ….
Dipshit college students?

I'm going to sound like an old man, but man college kids have a warped sense of justice. The idea it doesn't matter who started it, is the dumbest idea ever. Especially when the initial act of violence is a punch. Students should not be deciding punishment. This is a clown show.

Unbelievable they told Allen it was his responsibility to reach out to the other student to have him attend the hearing...this makes NO SENSE at all...SU really wanted Allen - the guy who defended himself from the primary aggressor - reach back out to the guy who assaulted him and ask him politely if he would attend the hearing? And how does the other guy get no punishment, this is bizzaro land!! No due process for sure...

Caitie Carroll​

Student Conduct Investigator

Caitie joined the Community Standards in June 2019. In her role, Caitie will look into alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct that warrant an investigation. During the investigation, she serves as a neutral party who seeks to gather information regarding all sides of the alleged violation to the OCS or other decision-making body. Prior to coming to Syracuse, Caitie was an Assistant Director of Residential Life/Student Conduct Officer at SUNY Cobleskill. Caitie received her MS in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Albany and her BS in Business Administration and Culinary Arts at SUNY Cobleskill. When not investigating student conduct concerns, Caitie enjoys cooking and baking for family and friends. She also loves to spend time outside kayaking, hiking, or taking the dogs swimming at Oneida Lake.

And disinfecting light should be shined on the process. How many other students have been railroaded?
That is what I am focusing on now too. I want LQA cleared obviously but unless the system is changed we will be back here next year, and the year after...SU needs to get their head out of their a-- and get into the real world. I repeat - we aren't Stanford.

Unbelievable they told Allen it was his responsibility to reach out to the other student to have him attend the hearing...this makes NO SENSE at all...SU really wanted Allen - the guy who defended himself from the primary aggressor - reach back out to the guy who assaulted him and ask him politely if he would attend the hearing? And how does the other guy get no punishment, this is bizzaro land!! No due process for sure...

Sounds like it WAS NOT overturned because he couldn’t get the other kid to attend

This is insane….

She looks ridiculously young. I can't imagine she has any idea the impact her myopic decision is having on this kid's life.
That was my initial impression also. She reminds me of that episode of the Brady Bunch where Bobby Brady became hall monitor at school and it went to his head, so he started writing up a report on the Brady siblings at home even though they had legitimate reasons for breaking the rules.

Caitie Carroll​

Student Conduct Investigator

Caitie joined the Community Standards in June 2019. In her role, Caitie will look into alleged violations of the Code of Student Conduct that warrant an investigation. During the investigation, she serves as a neutral party who seeks to gather information regarding all sides of the alleged violation to the OCS or other decision-making body. Prior to coming to Syracuse, Caitie was an Assistant Director of Residential Life/Student Conduct Officer at SUNY Cobleskill. Caitie received her MS in Educational Administration and Policy Studies from the University of Albany and her BS in Business Administration and Culinary Arts at SUNY Cobleskill. When not investigating student conduct concerns, Caitie enjoys cooking and baking for family and friends. She also loves to spend time outside kayaking, hiking, or taking the dogs swimming at Oneida Lake.
LOLOLOLOL

wow she missed the boat, and the entire ocean surrounding it, on this one

Am I mistaken or was her first job an RA? and now she gets to ruin lives?
Just because someone calls themselves an investigator does not make them one...coming from an LE background, it takes years to develop effective investigative skills, both criminally AND administratively. She's is not a competent "investigator", certainly not yet in her career

Seems that SU always tries to act as a academically and morally superior university rather than a school driven by senseless athletics. The problem is, we don’t do either very well.

I’d gladly trade our athletic success for a top academic ranking (although I’d obviously prefer both a la Norte Dame, etc). Meanwhile, we’re lagging both academically and on the playing field.

When SU gets back to being, say, a top 40 national university, let’s start to talk. I mean, really, let’s get to it. I’ve been eagerly awaiting the turnaround, although I appreciate how difficult it is to do in today’s competitive academic environment.

In the meantime, I don’t see the advantage of acting like something we’re not with a holier than thou attitude. Having said that, I do appreciate that the University tries to maintain at least some integrity. This is always a tough situation.

From Caitie Carrols bio…

“During the investigation, she serves as a neutral party who seeks to gather information regarding all sides of the alleged violation to the OCS or other decision-making body.”

Doesn’t sound like she did that….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom