LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

The facts not disputed are that he agreed he violated the code of conduct and hit the guy leading to one lost tooth. The other injuries are not proven who is responsible.

I'm not sure it was said how he lost his tooth. LA accepted responsibility for striking the "victim" after LA was hit twice in the head/face by the "victim" (causing LA to have a bloody nose) and before the "victim" could strike LA a third time. The university later acknowledged LA had a right to defend himself I don't recall LA ever stating he took responsibility for the victim's tooth.

According to the attached statements the "victim" was involved in other altercations the same night. At least once it was stated he was jumped by a group of people and while on the ground was hit and kicked in his head several times until his female friend threw herself on top of him (the "victim") so the beating would stop. In her affidavit, the female friend stated after this she noticed the "victim's" lip was split and bleeding. See page 23 of the 16th attachment for her affidavit taken on 12/13/2022.

If I read these statements correctly, the "victim" made multiple statements and contradicted himself multiple times. See pages 27 - 30 of attachment 16.

If LA is being disciplined for escalating the situation, then why isn't every other student implicated in this incident by way of these statements and affidavits being held accountable in a similar manner? Disparate treatment?

See #7

Students have the right to expect a reasonably safe environment supportive of the University’s Mission and their own educational goals. Students have the responsibility to protect and maintain that environment and to protect themselves from all hazards to the extent that reasonable behavior and precaution can avoid risk.

Section 11.6 of the Student Conduct System Handbook

Sanctioning Guidelines for Violence-Related Violations

CategorySanction
Physical harm or threat of physical harm without a weapon resulting in little or no physical injury to involved persons.Disciplinary Probation or Suspension. Participation in the Conflict Resolution Program, and the Options Program referral if alcohol or other drugs were a factor in the incident. Community service and/or other educational sanctions
Physical harm without a weapon resulting in significant physical injury to another person.Suspension or Expulsion

Was it ever proven that LA caused the injury to the "victim" who was involved in more than one altercation on the night in question?

The very first sentence in the section addressing Sanctions on the SU website reads;

The primary goal of the University Student Conduct System is education.

Disciplinary sanctions should have some educational value to them and not simply be punitive. I do not see the educational value in suspending LA for two semesters.

There is no justice here unless all participants are held accountable for their actions related to this incident. This includes the "victim" who went "looking for answers" (an act of escalation) and allegedly hit LA twice.

We must do better.

I did miss the fact that mitigating circumstances may be considered (note it’s may, not must) in the policy. I didn’t read the whole policy and the staff was declaratory on that. My bad.

She did include that the sanctions were based in part on facts not established, that the injuries were severe , and if they were, they were caused by Allen. That is an essential element to being allowed to issue a suspension.
One punch does not cause multiple injuries, unless the person has some type of physical condition.

One punch does not cause multiple injuries, unless the person has some type of physical condition.
mike tyson GIF

so in reality it wasn't what he did, it was who reported it and how. And that pts back to why wasnt the other kid given anything if he was a student? withhold is degree or something even if he graduated in Dec which no one really knows for sure.
Maybe no action re the other kid because NO ONE filed a violation of the code of conduct against him. Further showing how stupid this process is. The so-called Judicial Board are just a bunch of bureaucrats. [Now I'm getting angry about how dumb SU is and how L.A. is getting screwed.]

The school should send Hamilton Burger to represent the school at the hearing. Or send no one.

The school should send Hamilton Burger to represent the school at the hearing. Or send no one.
I hope they send a SUCOL grad. I hear they’re all morons.

I am getting sick of you complaining about Quincy. He did the job he was asked to do. If there
were ladies along the way, who are you to judge?
So true. But how did Monahan keep his detective job? Some dude would get decapitated, Quincy would say it’s suspicious and Monahan would tell “Quince” to leave it alone, it was an accident, case closed. It happened weekly too

So true. But how did Monahan keep his detective job? Some dude would get decapitated, Quincy would say it’s suspicious and Monahan would tell “Quince” to leave it alone, it was an accident, case closed. It happened weekly too
As bad as that was, how did LT Tragg and Hamilton Burger keep their jobs on Perry Mason? Every week they arrested the wrong person and were humiliated by Mason when he revealed the real killer at the trial.

Terry Lockett is listed as 6'3" 270 defensive lineman. LeQuint 6'0" 195 running back. I think I'd be able to differentiate between who grabbed me while the other punched me. But if Terry wasn't there as LeQuint stated to OCS then it would explain that. However, if Terry wasn't there why would he accept a misdemeanor assault charge even if it would get removed in 6 months? There is no way I would accept any criminal charge if I wasn't even in attendance.

What a mess. Thanks Duce for your role in creating a deuce before hitting the portal and ending up in Baton Rouge.

I don’t post often but this has struck a nerve with me. All kids deserve chances. He manned up to the fact he made a mistake and even outlined what his punishment would be. That’s not even taking into account the other half of the story. I have friends that work for the university and have gotten their perspective. I hate to say it, but they can kiss my four seasons goodbye bye next year if this doesn’t change.

Great news!
Is this a new development though? A preliminary injunction was issued awhile back.

Stay of sanctions also sounds bad. I don’t want the sanctions to stay, I want them to go away!

Last edited:
If SU doesn’t do something about all of this and fast, I think we can all kiss our dreams of being in one of the two super conferences goodbye; a university serious about football doesn’t let this happen. Which is confusing, because they have been investing a lot in it as of late.

If SU doesn’t do something about all of this and fast, I think we can all kiss our dreams of being in one of the two super conferences goodbye; a university serious about football doesn’t let this happen. Which is confusing, because they have been investing a lot in it as of late.
A serious university rights this wrong pronto!

I am getting sick of you complaining about Quincy. He did the job he was asked to do. If there
were ladies along the way, who are you to judge?
Reading what the judge has said in the memorandum. The smart thing for the University to do is nothing.
The judge rules no case and reinstates LA, and the University doesn't have to try to explain their actions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom