Let Me Get This Straight... | Syracusefan.com

Let Me Get This Straight...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
Mr. Whiz Bang (seems appropriate) AD from Idaho Potato State arrives here to replace TGD. Everybody thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because he's done......absolutely nothing...
He fires Shafer before the end of the season which you would only do if you had YOUR guy wrapped up. To find out that Mr. Whiz Bang is now flailing trying to find somebody, anybody, to coach this team.

Great...just great.

This will be a hire we will regret big time.

Mr. Whiz Bang (seems appropriate) AD from Idaho Potato State arrives here to replace TGD. Everybody thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because he's done...absolutely nothing...
He fires Shafer before the end of the season which you would only do if you had YOUR guy wrapped up. To find out that Mr. Whiz Bang is now flailing trying to find somebody, anybody, to coach this team.

Great...just great.

He fired Shafer because he deserved to be fired. People are really weird about a bad coach.

He fired Shafer because he deserved to be fired. People are really weird about a bad coach.

Seriously. You fire a guy because you decided he's not good enough. Then you work on a replacement, probably from a list you've been working on for some time. But the interview process, and even the search is no where near close to being finalized until after you've talked to a few folks. And they aren't talking while their season is still underway.

Only the biggest of the selectors pick who they want to coach, and then they usually have big pocketed boosters funding the deals and buyouts.

That's not my point. He should have had his guy ready to present to the press. He didn't. Epic fail.

That's not my point. He should have had his guy ready to present to the press. He didn't. Epic fail.

Oh, come on. Take a pill. Hiring can be messy. Let's wait to see the outcome before pronouncing it a failure or a success.

This may take a while. In the meantime, go shopping. Wrap some presents. Put lights on the house. Cut down a tree.

OrangeinBoston said:

Might be time to unplug the TRS-80 and ease up on the red bull.

Life doesn't work in tidy little soliloquies.

Great...just great.

What the F@%k are you talking about? How the F is he flailing trying to find somebody to coach this team? He would not meet the demands of his top choice, and it has been all of 24 hours since that supposedly happened. He hasn't made any statements and no one else has come out and said they were contacted. What exactly is the flailing that your mind is seeing? Oh LordOh LordOh Lord

Say it's Babers, he has a game on Friday. Frankly this going longer makes me feel better considering candidates that are currently coaching games.

You're doing God's work keeping this conversation going.

No one that is coaching this week is allowing an announcement of their next job until that game is over.

So I guess if Babers or Rhule were option B behind Frost, then we shouldn't have fired Shafer yet. We should have had a combined press conference once everything was in place. We announce Shafer's firing, thank him, shake his hand, have a guy stand behind him wearing a mask. When it's his turn to be announced as the new coach, we have him take the mask off.

No one that is coaching this week is allowing an announcement of their next job until that game is over.

So I guess if Babers or Rhule were option B behind Frost, then we shouldn't have fired Shafer yet. We should have had a combined press conference once everything was in place. We announce Shafer's firing, thank him, shake his hand, have a guy stand behind him wearing a mask. When it's his turn to be announced as the new coach, we have him take the mask off.

And then batman reveals himself

You just want to see a man in a mask.

This board has been epic the last 2 days.

Sorry...but l'm in the camp that Shafer deserved another year...and this coaching search is turning into a joke...it's not who Coyle wants but what qualified coach is willing to come here for the money we're willing to spend...if Coyle wasn't willing to go to 2-2.5 per year is another reason he should of given Shafer another year because he was the lowest paid coach in the ACC.

Sorry...but l'm in the camp that Shafer deserved another year...and this coaching search is turning into a joke...it's not who Coyle wants but what qualified coach is willing to come here for the money we're willing to spend...if Coyle wasn't willing to go to 2-2.5 per year is another reason he should of given Shafer another year because he was the lowest paid coach in the ACC.

Have you been reading any of the other threads? The difference with Frost was reportedly about the # of years, not the money.

You just want to see a man in a mask.

This board has been epic the last 2 days.

It has been a run that will be hard to top.

And it might get me fired. Sitting up right now at 12:20, still working, because of how much time I "multi-task" checking this stupid, beautiful, delicious board every 30 seconds to see if there's news, or just more great entertainment.

Maybe Frost was only willing to commit for 2 years for the money we were offering....more money could equaled a longer commitment on his part.....isn't that how you negotiate.

Frost was our top guy ends up at UCF, Barbers was UCFs top guy watch him end up here...not complaining though