Let the speculation begin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let the speculation begin

In all seriousness, JB is the greatest thing that ever happened to SU. For almost 50 years he has made us a powerhouse in basketball and a name at everyone's dinner table. The quality of everything at SU has gotten better because of this. BUT. All good things need to come to an end at the right time. There comes a time when it is time to go off into the sunset, and enjoy being a spectator, and being proud of all that you have accomplished. Some people (I refer to Brett Favre, for ex) don't know when their best time has come, and that it is time to hand over the basketball to one of many of those who you have taught and trained to be ready for this. I love SU, and I love SU basketball (and also football). I will always love JB and what he brought to SU. And with that, I want to know who is going to let him know that it is time for the next person to take his legacy and keep it going. We need to let all recruits know who will be coaching them for their entire college career.
That's Wildhack's job.

“We wouldn’t win 10 fu—-king games this year without Jimmy and Buddy! The other guys are just not ready.”
it's true though we wouldn't win 10 fu---king games this year with them either

This would never actually happen...

1642289378480.png

Soo I did hear something pretty interesting this week..FWIW
The AD office is getting flooded with comments, emails, phone calls etc. Now, this is normal to happen every year and when we would hit a losing streak in a year, it would increase but apparently this year, it’s on a 1000x level right now. As much as JW has an assistant and a filter on his email, it’s coming through apparently….
Take it how you want it

My predictions for presser:
* Jimmy got fouled
* throws some shade at Joe
* Says people said Jimmy was playing too much, well I sat him and see what happened.
Bingo pick: Gets mad at question about Benny
I'll take the parley.

Soo I did hear something pretty interesting this week..FWIW
The AD office is getting flooded with comments, emails, phone calls etc. Now, this is normal to happen every year and when we would hit a losing streak in a year, it would increase but apparently this year, it’s on a 1000x level right now. As much as JW has an assistant and a filter on his email, it’s coming through apparently….
Take it how you want it
I’m ready for a change, but it would be disgusting to fire him.

I know we’ve been spoiled for a long time. Hell not a losing season for 45+ is insane. But man I can’t wait for when we can get back to a top 15 squad. Those big time games just have such an excitement. I’m hopeful we will be back at some point, ideally not too far in the future.

I was at SU from 08-12… two of the best teams in history were in my tenure. It was just amazing stuff.

And I want another title!

Speaking of speculation, any reason why Mike waters AND Donna didn’t bother to show up at the presser and ask a single question. They are professionals who ask good questions. I’m so tired of the dan tortoras and Mike Curtis’ asking “how do you think Joe played?”

Edit: apparently Waters is covering a high school game today with one of our recruits? On the day of a home ACC game? What in the world is going on? You send intern Finkelstein to cover that

Last edited:
Being back home in Upstate NY for the holidays….I think the posters here are angels in compared to non cusefan.com fans

If it’s anything like when I go back, the level of griping is directly related to the amount of Labatt’s Blue consumed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom