UVA scored 84 on Cuse | Syracusefan.com

UVA scored 84 on Cuse

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.

- Plato

Last edited:
The game was December 2.

They shot 55% from 2 57% from 3 and 80% from the line.

For the season they shot 43%, 36%, and 64%.

If you adjust their shooting to the average for our game it would equate to eight fewer two point shots, four fewer three pointers, and three fewer free throws.

They basically scored 31 points higher than their shooting averages for the year in our game.

Last edited:
Can’t imagine watching that game last night and this being the takeaway. You seem like a miserable person to be around.
UVA scored 42 points for the game, had 14 at the half. If you watched, I think it is reasonable to wonder how SU gave up so many points to an obviously flawed offensive team when others have completely limited them. It was a reminder that SU's defense was truly bad at times this past season. Yes, SU improved, and many other factors are to be considered, but they played terrible in their game vs UVA. And I also think of how everything relates to SU as I watch games. So, the OP might have been harsh, but I thought about his statement as well.

UVA scored 42 points for the game, had 14 at the half. If you watched, I think it is reasonable to wonder how SU gave up so many points to an obviously flawed offensive team when others have completely limited them. It was a reminder that SU's defense was truly bad at times this past season. Yes, SU improved, and many other factors are to be considered, but they played terrible in their game vs UVA. And I also think of how everything relates to SU as I watch games. So, the OP might have been harsh, but I thought about his statement as well.

It was 1 game out of 30+. Syracuse also beat a number 1 seed. Beating UNC doesn’t make them good either.

The whole body of work shows Syracuse was an okay team this year. Not good, not bad.

But the OP using last nights game to start a whole new thread saying “I told you this team isn’t any good” is stupid. He seems like a miserable fan.

Virginia tries to play too perfect on offense. They pass up a ton of shots and then get to the end of the shot clock and struggle. Beekman’s afraid to take a shot from outside of fifteen feet. He doesn’t create for anyone either. All they do is set flair screens that teams have finally figured out. They also have no post up game. They better win the portal or they are in trouble next year. I don’t care how good a coach they have.

But the OP using last nights game to start a whole new thread saying “I told you this team isn’t any good” is stupid. He seems like a miserable fan.
You could just ignore the OP or respond constructively to stay on topic. Instead you added nothing and decided to go the route of putting him down. Bravo.

This is the problem with society in a nutshell. If you don’t like someone’s opinion the first instinct is to slander and discredit.

Re: the OP, it’s a reminder that the team was incredibly inconsistent defensively especially early in the year. They got better as the season wore on but were still prone to getting abused because of poor team communication or horrible individual mismatches where red refused to sub out.

Some teams get better as the season goes. Others decline. Let that sink in
I don't know if this data means anything but here goes.

Virginia first 10 games they averaged 70ppg
Before New Years they averaged 66ppg
After New Years they averaged 62ppg
Last ten games they averaged 56ppg

In their first ten games besides us, they beat Florida, West Virginia, and Texas A+M power ooc and lost to Wisconsin.

Virginia tries to play too perfect on offense. They pass up a ton of shots and then get to the end of the shot clock and struggle. Beekman’s afraid to take a shot from outside of fifteen feet. He doesn’t create for anyone either. All they do is set flair screens that teams have finally figured out. They also have no post up game. They better win the portal or they are in trouble next year. I don’t care how good a coach they have.

Bennett is a good coach but I think he has some work to do in order to get that program where it should be. They have talent but can’t seem to get it to function how he wants to play. Clark really extended their run of being strong for a while

I don't even know if virginia won last night. I have zero motivation to watch basketball right now. I'll probably eventually tune in to root for some teams to lose (looking at your dook).

Got boatraced by Colorado State 67-42. UVA shouldn’t have been in the field given how bad they were down the stretch. An example of how the last 10 games should factor in if you’ve fallen off the proverbial cliff.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.

- Plato

Yeah? Well, you know, that’s just like uh, your opinion, man.

-
The Dude

It is hard to win when your shots are not falling. Virginia was getting decent shots last night. It was like watching DJ Burns in reverse; instead of exclaiming "I can't believe he made that shot," I was saying "I can't believe he missed that shot."

I don't even know if virginia won last night. I have zero motivation to watch basketball right now. I'll probably eventually tune in to root for some teams to lose (looking at your dook).
100%. i just want to have March excitement again. i used to love being involved with brackets and watching the games that affected us. Now I don't care and I'm sad about it.

Virginia was very good at home and terrible on the road. Also streaky as hell. They went 9-1 to start the year and then 9-1 in the middle again. Obviously terrible down the stretch.

Also don't forget that Virginia on the road was our 5th game in 12 days (4th on the road) with a trip to Hawaii and Thanksgiving break in there. Recipe for disaster for our young guys that let's just say had limited focus at times.

Not making excuses for how bad we got blown out but there is a why behind it.

Some H0T Takes on Bennet on Field of 68 and Chris Spitola with Danny Kannell.

They describe his style as slow and boring and it's affecting talent accumulation along with how he wants to develop guys, he doesn't have time like he used to with the portal now. Described his style like Paul Johnson's triple option at Georgia Tech, eventually it goes stale.

Greenberg called it an embarrassment for the ACC

Our loss to them looks bad, however UNC won the regular season, NCst won the tourney. SU went combined 3-2 against them, beat the Pac 12 champ on a neutral and beat the Patriot League champ, albeit in a huge comeback. There were some moments this year.

I think UVA is sliding to mediocrity as fast or faster than we did with JB these last few years. I could just see the talent disparity in a game against Duke.

I mean I agree it's not a fair takeaway but they are a miserable person? Lol

Fair point. I probably should’ve used the “you seem like you’d be a lot of fun at parties” line.

Fair point. I probably should’ve used the “you seem like you’d be a lot of fun at parties” line.

Takes the trick from the magician and shows the toddlers how it is fake...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom